does anybody know....?

habibafatima

daughter of islam
:salam2:
i want to know what is the best commentary on Quran in English language.i m pakistani and i know only about urdu "Tafaseer".it will be better if English commentary is in audio form.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,,
I find the following site to be very useful. It, Inshalla, will assist you, as it does my family.
http://www.iec-houston.org/quran.shtml
The Holy Quran consists of 114 Surahs (Chapters). The second chapter is the largest, while the latter chapters are smaller in size. The Quran has been preserved in its original form in Arabic throughout the centuries. The Arabic recitation you will hear in this audio is the same that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad [peace be on him] more than fourteen hundred years ago. The Arabic in this Quran audio is recited by Shakir Qasmi, and the English translation is recited by Aslam Azhar. This English translation was written by Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall.

AbuKhalid

For Tafseer, I recommend Ibn Katheer and not Mawdudi because of some mistakes he made (because of his rejection of some authentic hadeeth)

And for the translation, I find the one by Muhsin Khan the best so far ( bypassing all poetry style explanations) ... he goes right to the point and quotes hadeeth as well

Both are available in English