Does I slam mistreat women?

Hilal Said

Unfortunately still many people around the world think that Islam treat women like slaves and they don't have any rights. I am wondering what they would say if they read this hadeeth which is narrated by Albukhari in Al-adab Al-Mufrad:

Jabir ibn 'Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who has three daughters and provides for them, clothes them and shows mercy to them will definitely enter the Garden." A man from the people said, "And two daughters, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "And two."

I regret for poor english

Asalam Alaykom

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Islam made us queens and others are gealous so they say Islam doesnt respect the woman ^_^

Al7amdulillah For being a Moslim woman , treating as a queen my brothers serve me and love me daddy respect me , what more I need :hearts:

rightpath_357

Lol sis above!!!!^^^^^ So true!!!!!:D

You don't have anything to apolagize for, I can understand everything:D

Yes, Islam told us that Muslim women need extra respect and comfort. :D And protection I guess.:D!!!!!

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Islam made us queens and others are gealous so they say Islam doesnt respect the woman ^_^

Al7amdulillah For being a Moslim woman , treating as a queen my brothers serve me and love me daddy respect me , what more I need :hearts:

:salam2: sisi you are so true.
I completely agree with u.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Women's Status and Rights in Qur'an

04.01: O Mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate.

30.21: He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts.

3.195: Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another.

09.71: And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another.

2.187: They are your garments and ye are their garments.

16.72: GOD has made for you mates and companions of your own nature.

49.13: The noblest among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous.

4.124: If any do deeds of righteousness - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

16.97: Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.

2.228: Women have rights over men similar to those of men over women.

04.19: Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness. Live with them on a footing of kindness and tranquility.

49.13: O Mankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other not that ye may despise each other.

04.32: To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn.

04.07: From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large - a determinate share.

24.04: And those who launch a charge against honorable women, and produce not four witnesses to support their allegations - flog them (liars) with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors.

4.1: O Mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate.

30.21: He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts.

3.195: Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another.

9.71: And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another.

2.187: They are your garments and ye are their garments.

16.72: GOD has made for you mates and companions of your own nature.

49.13: The noblest among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous.

4.124: If any do deeds of righteousness - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

16.97: Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.

2.228: Women have rights over men similar to those of men over women.

4.19: Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness. Live with them on a footing of kindness and tranquility.

49.13: O Mankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other not that ye may despise each other.

4.32: To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn.

4.7: From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large - a determinate share.

24.4: And those who launch a charge against honorable women, and produce not four witnesses to support their allegations - flog them (liars) with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors.

arzafar

No.
But unfortunately some misguided muslims do mistreat women.

and plz edit the title of the thread. It's Islam!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
No.
But unfortunately some misguided muslims do mistreat women.

and plz edit the title of the thread. It's Islam!

:salam2:
it's about time ppl stop blaming islam for what misguided muslims do...............

i think i can not be provided with a more wonderful and respected treatment than the one i get because of the religion i follow.:)nothing gives the women this precious status:)as islam doesif we are dutiful we are treated like delicate flowers:redface:............ppl who think ISLAM mistreats a women can have a look at muslim(not the one who's muslim by name)girls life and wayz...............

if they got their senses working they wud quit blaming islam for so many things.............i:D:D:D:D:Df not well then may ALLAH give them functioning senses.ameen

hana*

:salam2:
it's about time ppl stop blaming islam for what misguided muslims do...............

i think i can not be provided with a more wonderful and respected treatment than the one i get because of the religion i follow.:)nothing gives the women this precious status:)as islam doesif we are dutiful we are treated like delicate flowers:redface:............ppl who think ISLAM mistreats a women can have a look at muslim(not the one who's muslim by name)girls life and wayz...............

if they got their senses working they wud quit blaming islam for so many things.............i:D:D:D:D:Df not well then may ALLAH give them functioning senses.ameen

when i compare myself to the typical non-muslim woman here all i can say is: thank You God for making me a Muslim woman. if its anyone who is treated poorly its the women here! they are expected to have a full-time job, pay the bills, do the cooking and cleaning, contribute to the mortgage and then not self-destruct. many atimes women here have told me how lucky I am with the rights that we have as Muslims.

we only need to look at the Prophet peace be upon him's last days in life when he told the men to 'take care of your women/be good to your women'. imagine, he was thinking of us just before he died. He also said the best of you are those who are best to their woman. He (peace be upon him) died whilst his head was resting on the lap of his wife. yes, a woman, not a man!

a companion asked the prophet peace be upon him 'who do you love most in this earth'? what do you think his reply was? it was 'aishah'- his wife! how many men think like that nowadays?

it is sad to see that many judge Islam by the mislead few Muslim men when they only need to look in their own backyard to see the rates of domestic violence are shocking.

hana*

my mum and her sister think that women in Islam in countries such as Pakistan etc... get treated not very nice, my mum thinks that muslim men drag their women out into the streets to scream and protest in front of news cameras and then throw them back in the house.

i don't believe what she says, i'l believe it when i see it.

where do people get these crazy ideas ?

what? have your mum and auntie never worked with muslim women or never went to school or uni with any Muslims? i wish they would 'know us before they judged us'.

once at work somebody said to me 'you have totally changed our perception of Muslim women'. that made my day: my sole ambition is to change peoples perception of Islam and Muslim women

arzafar

my mum and her sister think that women in Islam in countries such as Pakistan etc... get treated not very nice, my mum thinks that muslim men drag their women out into the streets to scream and protest in front of news cameras and then throw them back in the house.

i don't believe what she says, i'l believe it when i see it.

where do people get these crazy ideas ?

man i admit we have bad people in pakistan but not that bad.
thing you have to remember is culture is different from religion. In indo pak society, things like honor killings, wife beating have been going on for centuries. do you know satti the hindus practice, where the widow was forced to die with her husband. Practices like karo kari have not been abolished in pakistan. However, such practices have no basis in islam.

May Allah forgive all me and my fellow muslims for bringing islam into disrepute by our words and actions. Ameen!