Does Islaam allows this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicom wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu dear brothers and sisters.

I have one question related for "Slavery in Islaam".There is one thread that is opened in the section "TurnToIslamlounge" and it is realted with this subject that I have mentioned where I red some things which I could not belive that they exist in Isalaam.:astag:

My question is:"Which are the rights of so called "master" above his slave women???
I suopose that he has rights to feed her,to educate her,to give her home,protection,.... Is that right???

I have red one haadith that master can have a relationship (I do not know how to express my selfe on onother way.I hope you understand what I mean) with his slave girl,when this is clear zinah:astag::astag::astag: because everything what is done outside of marriage is Zinah and it is one of the greatest sins in Islaam. How Allah subahn we teal can aloow Zinah,and our Prophet s.a.w.s.,and how our Saahabs could do such awfull and horiblle things.???:astag:

So that means a master and his slave girl should be punished on both worlds for doing open and forbidden Zinah!!!! Right???

Astagfirullah I can not belive this what I red,and I can not belive for this in Islaam!!!!

Is this all truth???

Jazzak Allah khairen

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

A slave would've fell under "what the right hand posesses." In other words it was not haram for a master to have intercourse with his female slave. Here is a fatwa explaining the historical relevance of the time and will help out it in perspective. This is an intellectual exercise at this point since slavery has been phased out.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12562/slavery

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam sister,

A slave would've fell under "what the right hand posesses." In other words it was not haram for a master to have intercourse with his female slave. Here is a fatwa explaining the historical relevance of the time and will help out it in perspective. This is an intellectual exercise at this point since slavery has been phased out.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12562/slavery

Allaicumu Salam dear sister

I am sorry to say but my mind does not understand this, neither my heart can accept that Islam allows something like this.

It does not metter did slavery "phased out" or not. It is importante that has been present in Islam and I want to know how it was ruled.

Who gaved this fatwa. Is there ayah in which Allah has allowed this zinah Asstagfirullah. Becouse this is nothing else but zinah and there is no other name for it.

Should I say this is right Asstagfirullah. Offcourse not.

This is opend zinah and all those who comited it wil respond to Allah, InshAllah.

May Allah bless you

Salam

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Slavery is clearly outlined in the Quran and also the restriction and allowances are also addressed. This was a prety helpful site when going over the boundaries of slavery both in Quran and Hadith reference.http://muttaqun.com/slavery.html

You are aware that Rasool's son Ibrahim was the child of his coptic slave Mary, yes? So use caution before making judgements from your own mind and not understanding historical relevance. Do not be hasty to declare something haram when it is halaal.

ShyHijabi

I just skimmed over this but I think it is much more precise in explaining an answer to your question:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/13737/slavery

I noted particularly this ayah was noted from the Quran in the above fatwa:

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:6; al-Ma’aarij 70:30]

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam,

Slavery is clearly outlined in the Quran and also the restriction and allowances are also addressed. This was a prety helpful site when going over the boundaries of slavery both in Quran and Hadith reference.http://muttaqun.com/slavery.html

You are aware that Rasool's son Ibrahim was the child of his coptic slave Mary, yes? So use caution before making judgements from your own mind and not understanding historical relevance. Do not be hasty to declare something haram when it is halaal.

:salam2:

Jazzak Allah khair sister

And please do not accsue me for waht even you maybe do not know is it haalal or haaram.You know sister that only Allah is All Knowning and that is our duty and fard to search the truth.

Can you please give me ayah where Allah subahn we teal clearly aloows this mention above,not any link sister???
Do you want to say sister that Allah Almighty who is The Most Pure One (Al Qudus) is aloowing Zinah??? And how is possible that your mind and hearts can accept that Allah subahn we teal aloowed this Zinah.

Can you please explain me why Rasullallah s.a.w.s. did not only maintain this slave girl Maria??? Isnt that Islaam teach us purity and modesty. You do understand that Allah is above everything and everyone for every beliver.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Allaicumu Salam dear sister

I am sorry to say but my mind does not understand this, neither my heart can accept that Islam allows something like this.

It does not metter did slavery "phased out" or not. It is importante that has been present in Islam and I want to know how it was ruled.

Who gaved this fatwa. Is there ayah in which Allah has allowed this zinah Asstagfirullah. Becouse this is nothing else but zinah and there is no other name for it.

Should I say this is right Asstagfirullah. Offcourse not.

This is opend zinah and all those who comited it wil respond to Allah, InshAllah.

May Allah bless you

Salam

Pls be careful in your words as we might say something because of our own lack of knowledge and could be held accountable for our words. This is not zina dear sister. When a man marries to a non-mahram female, he make her halal for himself in the name of Allah and in the presence of witnesses and that is announced in the society.

Similarly a slave is someone who has been possessed by a person. ( As per my knowledge slavery does not exist now a days). Slaves have certain rights over masters and masters have certain rights over them. It has been allowed by Allah SWT who is the creator of the whole universe and who is the legislator. ( I am in kind a hurry at the moment ...might go to Quran to give you exact reference of the aayah) As the marriege is announced and people know that he has right over her body, similarly about slaves, society knew that he has right over her and this was absolutely acceptable.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:6; al-Ma’aarij 70:30]
[/B]

Jazzak Allah khair sister for bringing up this ayah Mashallah.

Does it write exactly like this "the slaves" in the orginal text of Holy Quran on Arabic language???

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)",and you see sister.Here it sais that Allah will save from his Punishment those who keep their private parts, from illegal sexual acts,so having a relationship of master and his salve girl is illegal and haaram because they are not in marriege.
So how it can be haalal,where this clear ayah stated that it is illegal act.???

And I think that we all know what means legal.

AbdAllah84

Allaicumu Salam dear brother

Jazzak Allah khair but I do not need any lecture, any fatwa or haadith. What I want and need is ayah from Holy Quran where Allah has allowed this mentioned above. :astag:

May Allah bless you

Wa salam alakyum sister,

The lecture does mention references from the Quran with historical perspective. If you have a look you will get to know why there is no marriage contract. And what rights slave have and what are the responsibilites of the master.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
These are the verses of Quran of Surah Muminun.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. The believers must (eventually) win through,-

2. Those who humble themselves in their prayers;

3. Who avoid vain talk;

4. Who are active in deeds of charity;

5. Who abstain from sex,

6. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,

7. But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors;-

8. Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants;

9. And who (strictly) guard their prayers;-

10. These will be the heirs,

11. Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever).

Now pls stop saying that Allah has said about this that it is zina Naoodhobillah......

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Sister I think at this moment you are in shock ...that's why you can not read and understand thisng which are written very clear. Take a break, do something else, then come back and read again. I am sure you will understand insha Allah.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Pls be careful in your words as we might say something because of our own lack of knowledge and could be held accountable for our words. This is not zina dear sister. When a man marries to a non-mahram female, he make her halal for himself in the name of Allah and in the presence of witnesses and that is announced in the society.

Similarly a slave is someone who has been possessed by a person. ( As per my knowledge slavery does not exist now a days). Slaves have certain rights over masters and masters have certain rights over them. It has been allowed by Allah SWT who is the creator of the whole universe and who is the legislator. ( I am in kind a hurry at the moment ...might go to Quran to give you exact reference of the aayah) As the marriege is announced and people know that he has right over her body, similarly about slaves, society knew that he has right over her and this was absolutely acceptable.

Dear sister,Alahdmulillah I know what I am saying and my words too.

You need to understand sister that the marriege is not the same like possesion over slave girl Alahdmulilah,becasue marriege is not Zinah,it is legal infront of all people and infront of Allah Alahdmulillah,and marreige can not be compered with slavery.
In diffrent from marriege which is blessing from Allah and it is haalal,relationship of "master" and slave girl is clear Zinah because it is illegal.On that way this girl is used like ........ object for low things of her master,and he is useing her body for that.Is that mean that Allah aloows something like that,and that Allah is taking dignity,honouer to one women??? becasue in this case she will be used only like object and nothing else,while marriege is giving honour to a women and repection in soceity.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Sister I think at this moment you are in shock ...that's why you can not read and understand thisng which are written very clear. Take a break, do something else, then come back and read again. I am sure you will understand insha Allah.

I am reading perfectly well sister,it is just that you do not understand my question.

Alahdmulilah sister I know that Allah can never aloow Zinah and that is exactly why I am asking this questions. How can we call illegal relationship but Zinah!!!! It is Zinah sister! There is not any doubt about that Alahmdulillah,becasue every relatinship outside of marriege is Zinah. I hope you understand that.So again,the question stays the same and it is how Allah can aloow this Zinah???:astag:

How would you feel to be object,slave girl?? Would you be honoured to be slave girl??? Would you have proud,chastity,purity,dignity??? Ofcourse you would not.
Would a societey watch you the same like legal wife of your master??? Ofcourse not Alahdmulillah.
So how Islaam can aloow something like that?

zbhotto

Banned
Take a break

Yes I know it is a little bit uncomfortable to us. But it is Allah's consent. You will find it in other Abrahamic
religions too.

We should not talk too much about something that is not practised in muslim society.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

dear sister asja,
my daughter was insisting to show her a thread {shop till you drop} its her favourite thread.

but i also have som questions for you.you are not convincing whatever my sweet sisters showed you .here comes my question.

1) you are living in the same old age where slavery was practicing.you are a slave girl belong to some one (may ALLAH protect you) and that person wants to sell you to someone else.there are two people who want to buy you one of them is muslim who knows how to take care of a slave person and in every islamic aspect.the other one is non muslim and you know that this person will behave me badly and he will have relations with me and he will also invite other friends and relatives to have ****** with you .it is just a thought please dont mind it so which one would you choose to be your master.and remember it is common at that time.

Allaicomu saalam dear sister.

Welcome back sister,and jazzak Allah khair for your kind reply.

Well,in my case sister I would choose death but never to be slave girl to some man.I would accept only in the case to be under his protection and nothing else from that Allhamdmulillah.

But any way which is diffrent to be a slave girl to a Muslim man or to good Chistain man??? Becasue in both cases slave girl would be object without honuer and with humilation.Only Allah Almighty knows how those slave girls felt and thier mothers,and fathers,and brothers.Thier daughters,sisters,who once had honuer and dignity now they do not have anything.

And now you dear sister. You are backing ages and ages in the time of dark slavery. You are captured and you do not have any other option accept to be slave of bad "Muslim man" or good Christian man. Who would you choose, InshAllah???????????

zbhotto

Banned
It is a historical study

People in that time sell themselves by their own will. They had no other option to live. They were not forced.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yes I know it is a little bit uncomfortable to us. But it is Allah's consent. You will find it in other Abrahamic
religions too.

We should not talk too much about something that is not practised in muslim society.

Dear brother I do not understan why should I take a break when tomorow InshAllah I will have the same question. It is just like you tell me take a break 30 days before your exam, take a rest from resting. Do not study, just take a break. It will help. Will I pass my exam. Offcourse not. And I had enough time to learn, to search, to ask a question. But somebody has adviced me to take a break, I did not think well with my head and instead of learning I was takeing rest.

How do you mean brother it is not practised in Muslim society when it was practised in time of our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.

zbhotto

Banned
Read it.

Dear Sister;
You should know about Abdur kadir Jelani, the great imam. If you ready the history of Abdur Kadir Jelani who was tabe-tabeyn you will be aamzed by his piety.

He was a salve and He slod himslef by his own will and when He was adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.