does the media affect you?

does the negative media affect you?

• yes, i can hardly look at the news anymore!

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • yes, but i try to give dawaa to those who comment...

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • not really,but it makes me wonder...

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • not at all, i pretend as if it doesnt happen..

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
does the negative media about Islam affect you, or has it guided you to Islam, made you more interested in Islam, or anything like that?:salam2: :wasalam:

duran

Well..as we know the media is Weapon and device to change people's mind and thoughts, for example if a country wants to fight with other country, they talk about the bad stuff of that country to make it bad one for the people....

anyway, It didnt effact me cus i know its syclogical fight (i mean fighting with mind and thoughts). so I look and see how wrong they r, n walk away...

subhna allah, may allah save us from their evil...ameen

loveislam1

Asalam ALikoum wa rhamatallah
I am a very emotinall person in general and the news makes me cry and angry so I just cant watch it, I cant look at the hypocrites and liars as they stand there and continually try to sway and dceive the public they have to lie flat faced to the people. I love my religion and I love my felllow muslims so to hear them speak badly of them makes me literally sick to my stomach.

lama

media is taking a lot of important concepts and either focusing on them or killing them,so we have to be aware of that

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Is there an awful lot of bias to every type of media, including those from muslim countries? Of course there is.

But the media also informs one as to what is going on. Even bad intelligence is still intel. Search through multiple types of media, from different countries and you will often get an approximation of what is truly happening.

The media is just an opinion of a persons or organziations perspective. Alot of times people are forced to write a report in a certain way that makes their boss's happy which in turn make's the organization have consistancy as far as how they want to be viewed. If you write your report differently that could mean potential unemployement, no salary promotion, bonus, etc from the organizantion. Even as auditor for my job, I have to write reports in a certain way that makes my boss happy. The best thing to do is look at the various media sources and compare them, or better yet ask the person who is directly involved in that situation (i.e ask a Iraqi about how they feel about American troops in their country).

The media is a tool to get your point across, alot of times during war, the sides will try to bombard telecommunication towers and devices first (example Israel against Syria) so people don't know what is going on or receive any information. It's an effective tactic.

walaakum salaam

suumaya

Asalamu alaykum

I hate CNN and FOX and they call themselves the most trusted news in the world, they should call it, the most brain washing news in the world!!!! because that is what they do period.

presa1200

Asalamu alaykum

I hate CNN and FOX and they call themselves the most trusted news in the world, they should call it, the most brain washing news in the world!!!! because that is what they do period.

u've just got it right my dear friend...!

i'm a Malaysian chinese muslim and sadly to tell you the mentality level of my race here is at such narrow minded and their hatred towards islam mostly because of the western and local media especially CNN and BBC. They do claim themselve so call very concern about international news and happenings but when talking about muslim community only 'terrorist' appeared in their mind. u see how western media has influenced many people here badly.... even same happen in worldwide. they've been totally brainwashed... and totally sleep all the time that they don't even aware what is really happen around them!

almouchie

salam
well these days
the media is a very powerful tools
most of the people with money want power & the media is their next target

the propaganda is at highest levels ever
the truth can be so easily distorted
& you wouldnt even know it
its just sad, frustrating to see how the bigger more powerful nations
get their twisted messages across
while we muslims cant even make a proper accord of oursevles
all this sterotyping is just ridiculous

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

The only thing you can trust on the news nowadays is the weather forcasts and they sometimes get that wrong as well.

wasalam

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam:

I'm completely off TV for good,seldom reads the local newspaper and listen to religious programmes and the holy Quran on my portable radio cassette mp3 player..I seek news on the internet as and when i feel the need,,or else i'll be here most of the time learning more about my deen than who says/does what eh ;):)
:salah: :tti_sister: May Allah swt keep us the ummah strong in our tawheed and aqeedah and keep us in the straight path,,, Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen

:wasalam::hijabi:

Ling

:bismillah:
:salam:

I'm completely off TV for good,seldom reads the local newspaper and listen to religious programmes and the holy Quran on my portable radio cassette mp3 player..I seek news on the internet as and when i feel the need,,or else i'll be here most of the time learning more about my deen than who says/does what eh ;):)

Same with me. I hardly read the newpapers anymore and I don't ever watch the news.

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

It is amazing how the western media has succesfully brain washed many people (non muslims) into believing all the negative things about Islam and muslims. I know i cannot trust CNN or Fox news and as a matter of fact, many others. It really pissed me off. We need more Al jazeeras to tell the truth to the world ! :tti_sister:

justoneofmillion

assalmu aleikum, media can brainwash the fools who are insecure about themselves and the purpose of their lives the preys

of the hunter who kills their self esteem, the victimes who are still waiting for others to tell them about themselves and the

world sourrounding them evethough they learned how to go to the bathroom alone and don´t need the baby bottle

anymore.as far as am concerned the medias are like a window where sometimes you get to see the humans tragedy in their

helplessnes and stuburness , a vain and empty theatre where everybody tries to play the principal role with the title "we are

time puppets" i like the sound of nature the beauty of creation i long for elevation try to escape but sometimes my nature

my altruisme catches me feel sorry for those who are being fooled me too am also then a "time puppet"!

wassalam

SINDBAD