Dog ownership

Redneck

Salaam

There are 6.1 Million Dogs in the UK. The British treat dogs as part of their family. Most of us have lived with dogs at some point in our lives. I am a little confused by differing Muslim views on dog ownership.

http:// www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

In particular look at what Abou El Fadl has to say on the matter.

Just some thought I had is this : Do you think that Dogs in Arab countries
1400 years ago are very different to the selectively bred dogs the British keep as pets? Dogs and humans in the UK have "evolved" to live together over thousands of years. I'm put to mind of a pack of Beduin dogs I came across once , which although basically "friendly" progressed through my rucksack with a determination to eat every piece of food I had in there-
maybe its packs of dogs like this that the Qur'an is warning about.

We are talking about two very different sets of animals.

Also it might be possible the Qur'an was warning about Rabies being transmitted by feral animals, because washing clothes and hands so thoroughly is an infection control rather than an elaborate ritual with no meaning. The saliva of healthy ( selectively bred ) UK dogs actually contains powerful antibiotics, in much stronger concentrations , than those found in human saliva. So I'm wondering if this is another case of the Qur'an concurring with scientific knowledge regarding the containment of serious disease rather than placing a blanket ban on modern human -dog contact for all time.

Finally one last thought . Having a dog is a means of breaking down
communication barriers, and many commentators remark on how well trained dogs are often very good at facilitating play and conversation.

http://www.slate.com/id/2109596/

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Dogs in Islam

Many Muslims have misunderstood Islam’s teachings regarding dogs, and this misunderstanding has led to the mistreatment of these animals. The Prophet said, “Purifying a container that a dog has licked (in order for human’s to use it) is done by washing it seven times, the first washing being with dirt.”2 However, according to some scholars, a dog’s fur is considered pure3. Nonetheless, Muslims are discouraged from keeping dogs inside their homes, as the Prophet has been reported as saying that angels do not enter into a house that has a dog.

However, just because one does not keep a dog inside the home and doesn’t drink after it, that does not give one the right to neglect it, mistreat it, or kill it. The usefulness of this creature of God is indisputable. No other animal can compete with it in its loyalty to its caregiver, its abilities as a guard, and its talent for hunting. In fact, the Qur’an narrates in Surat Al-Kahf, or “The Cave,” the story of some pious youths who took refuge in a cave from the persecution and violence of the unbelievers. That these righteous people had a dog with them, and the fact that Allah mentions the dog and counts the dog among them, indicates that dogs are permitted to live among people. [And you would have thought them awake, whereas they were asleep. And We turned them on their right and on their left sides, and their dog stretching forth his two forelegs at the entrance (of the cave as a guard)] (Al-Kahf 18:18).

So dogs may be used for guards as well as for hunting, as the Qur’an also states: [They ask you about what is lawful for them (as food); Say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in a manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah over it and fear Allah, for Allah is swift in reckoning] (Al-Ma’idah 5:4).

In two separate hadiths narrated by Abu Hurayrah (the cat-loving Companion), the Prophet told his Companions of the virtue of saving the life of a dog by giving it water and quenching its thirst: one referred to was a man who was blessed by Allah for giving water to a thirsty dog. The other was a prostitute, who filled her shoe with water and gave it to a dog that was lolling its tongue in thirst. For this deed she was granted the ultimate reward: eternal Paradise.

Islam asks people to reflect upon this and be aware of each person’s duty toward God’s creatures, which He has put on earth for our use, not for our abuse. When the Prophet was asked if God rewarded acts of charity to the animals, he replied, “Yes, there is a reward for acts of charity to every beast alive.”

(Hediyah Al-Amin is a Muslim-American teacher of Islamic Studies and Islamic Culture at the Qatar Center for the Presentation of Islam.)

The companions once asked the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) Do we earn reward if we treat animals in good manner? He answered: Yes; surely, you earn rewards whenever you treat any living being in a good manner.

[yt]RzTcJnDvkyo[/yt]

I have seen dogs in poor countries searching for food in heap of filth. So it is not only saliva dear, much more. I have also seen dog putting its mouth in wrong places of other dog. I think since islam brought the law for all the ages, it surprisingly keeps the dog away from pious people and immoral acts such as committed by women these days (animal sex) are naturally avoided. Islam knew that human society will one day will face such devilish problems.

And what is your opinion about the people who eat dog meat in china etc?

The ethical system in Islam derives from a divine source. This divine source is the revelation from Allah (S.W.T). Therefore, this system cannot be changed, or manipulated to fit our desires. It applies no matter what the time or place. This system has not been changed for thousands of years, it cannot be changed today, and it will never change until the Day of Judgment. No one, no matter who, has the authority to change or alter this system, even if the whole world wants to change it. What was considered good morals in the past will remain as good moral throughout time. What was considered, as bad moral in the past will remain as bad morals forever, even if society accepts it as a norm.

And try this link

www.answering-christianity.com/dogs_rebuttal.htm

www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/killing_of_dogs.htm

Hope this helps

Wasalam

Bluegazer

Hello Redneck,

The following is a religious opinion [fatwa] of Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 377 [Ruling on having a dog]:

Question:

ALSALAAM ALAIKUM

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT KEEPING PETS IN THE HOUSE.I KNOW THAT THE KALB(DOG)IS CONSIDERED NIJASA, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY.

I REMEMBER A SECTION IN THE Qur'an WHERE THE PROPHET PEACE BE UPON HIM ONCE GAVE A THIRSTY DOG WATER TO DRINK OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT.

COULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE.

THANK YOU

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that "a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

We do not want to omit reminding you of the importance of reading the Qur’aan properly and referring to it. You say in your question that the story of the thirsty dog is in the Qur’aan, and that is not the case, as it is reported in the Sunnah.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=377&ln=eng

Please take special note of the part where Sheikh Al-Munajjid wrote:

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters.

I hope you all the best Redneck.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Redneck

Proud2behumble:

With regard to burglar alarms etc ,

About twenty years ago ( Yes it going to be Redneck story) a mate of mine was working away from home during the week. He lived in a rough neighbourhood so he bought his wife and daughter an Alsatian . These are
excellent guard dogs. Well I say "Alsatian" , but it (Max) was actually more of a very good-natured wolf. I got on really well with Max and I used to take him out long distance running on the moors once a week to help burn off any frustrations it might have had. They start eating things like doors and the furniture if you don't do this with them. They need a full moon and a night run every now and then.

One Saturday my mate rang up and said ( I'm politely paraphrasing this and omitting the swearing.)

"What happened with the Insurance Man*, do you know?"

"No, don't know" I said "Not heard nothing about that, what happened?"

" D*** ( mate's wife ) says her and the insurance bloke were sat in the front room with a cup of tea and all of a sudden Max starts going crazy in the kitchen. So D*** opens the door a bit to find out what's happening , next thing Max has shoved the door open, Insurance man on the floor, blood everywhere. Only just got him out the front door alive.

"I hadn't heard that" I said " Insurance bloke's not pressing charges is he? I' mean what about Max?"( They destroy dangerous dogs in the UK)

"Not heard nothin'" My mate says

And they didn't , ....

.... for months, until, they got a visit from the police. That Insurance Man had been making lewd comments and suggestions to women who were on their own .By the time we came to hear of his behaviour, it had progressed from lewd suggestions to attempted sexual assault. He had not mentioned the dog attack so My mate and his wife just kept quiet and said

"We didn't notice anything out of the ordinary about him. "

My mate had to keep shifting his feet in front of the fireplace when he was talking to the police, because The Insurance man had made a bad mess the carpet that never quite cleaned up.

Max got many "treats" that night.

Max had sensed what was going on, he "smelt" the insurance man's ill intent and defended his family. That's what guard dogs do very well .

* In the Uk Insurance Men used to come around peoples homes collecting insurance and savings premiums. They don't do this any more, it's mainly debt collectors in these kind of areas these days.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Hi Redneck,

Thanks for sharing the story,

Max had sensed what was going on, he "smelt" the insurance man's ill intent and defended his family

Intelligent dog indeed..!!!

As said earlier that in Islam we don't keep the dogs so close like in living rooms, kitchens or do kissing or licking etc. However, They can be used as guards as well as for hunting.

As for insurance broker kind of things, women in Islam avoid meeting strangers in alone. Moreover, man take care of his family needs with his best efforts and protect its dignity and honour.

Regards

Redneck

These Insurance guy's were given a lot of trust back then. Most of us wouldn't let anyone through the door now without good cause. Our little world's gone.

The other thing you have to understand, today, there are 2 million single parent families, that's about 4 million kids without a father permanently around. They don't have a choice in these matters.

What has occurred to me in writing this is, that you might want to see how the world looked through the eyes of an ordinary kaffur . I could be honest and objective but at all times respectful.

People who were born and raised as Muslims in the UK would have a very different perspective which I would like to see. Wouldn't it be interesting for us to try to describe the same type of thing from two different points of view?

I am going to Friday prayers tomorrow to learn more. And, yes I'm totally
looking forward to it.

kayleigh

I have seen dogs in poor countries searching for food in heap of filth. So it is not only saliva dear, much more. I have also seen dog putting its mouth in wrong places of other dog. I think since islam brought the law for all the ages, it surprisingly keeps the dog away from pious people and immoral acts such as committed by women these days (animal sex) are naturally avoided. Islam knew that human society will one day will face such devilish problems.

I agree 100% that some people interpret this whole thing as an excuse to mistreat dogs, and it's sick to do such a thing and wrong.

However...of course dogs in poor countries are going to search in filth for food. Humans in poor countries do the same. There's other way for them to feed themselves. Even in a rich Muslim country, you'd have this because if no one wanted to keep a dog, they'll keep breeding and breeding. At the very least you need someone to spay and neuter the dogs to keep things under control.

Such sexual acts aren't just committed by women, and it really isn't a problem. In the West, tons of people keep dogs, but this just isn't a common problem at all.

As I understand it, keeping a dog is disliked, but not haram. I personally have a dog, and I wouldn't give it up. The truth is, if I hadn't bought her she would have died. She was mistreated, the runt of the litter, and has mental disabilities. I don't think keeping her is wrong, and I never will think such a thing. When she's gone, would I get a new one? Absolutely. The benefits far outweigh the negative aspects. Some studies have shown that keeping a pet will decrease the possibility of depression. For older owners, especially ones who live alone, keeping a dog will increase their quality of life and their life span. Of course, I could get a cat, but I don't like cats.

You can keep dogs for protection, which is a good thing. Dogs are very useful. Like someone said, their sense are incredible. They can sense danger and make good character judgments of people. And if you're a woman walking a medium sized or larger dog, there's no way anyone would ever attack you. So at least keeping a dog (at least for a woman, alone, walking at any time of day) is the best protection you can have.

umm hussain

Proud2behumble:

With regard to burglar alarms etc ,

About twenty years ago ( Yes it going to be Redneck story) a mate of mine was working away from home during the week. He lived in a rough neighbourhood so he bought his wife and daughter an Alsatian . These are
excellent guard dogs. Well I say "Alsatian" , but it (Max) was actually more of a very good-natured wolf. I got on really well with Max and I used to take him out long distance running on the moors once a week to help burn off any frustrations it might have had. They start eating things like doors and the furniture if you don't do this with them. They need a full moon and a night run every now and then.

One Saturday my mate rang up and said ( I'm politely paraphrasing this and omitting the swearing.)

"What happened with the Insurance Man*, do you know?"

"No, don't know" I said "Not heard nothing about that, what happened?"

" D*** ( mate's wife ) says her and the insurance bloke were sat in the front room with a cup of tea and all of a sudden Max starts going crazy in the kitchen. So D*** opens the door a bit to find out what's happening , next thing Max has shoved the door open, Insurance man on the floor, blood everywhere. Only just got him out the front door alive.

"I hadn't heard that" I said " Insurance bloke's not pressing charges is he? I' mean what about Max?"( They destroy dangerous dogs in the UK)

"Not heard nothin'" My mate says

And they didn't , ....

.... for months, until, they got a visit from the police. That Insurance Man had been making lewd comments and suggestions to women who were on their own .By the time we came to hear of his behaviour, it had progressed from lewd suggestions to attempted sexual assault. He had not mentioned the dog attack so My mate and his wife just kept quiet and said

"We didn't notice anything out of the ordinary about him. "

My mate had to keep shifting his feet in front of the fireplace when he was talking to the police, because The Insurance man had made a bad mess the carpet that never quite cleaned up.

Max got many "treats" that night.

Max had sensed what was going on, he "smelt" the insurance man's ill intent and defended his family. That's what guard dogs do very well .

* In the Uk Insurance Men used to come around peoples homes collecting insurance and savings premiums. They don't do this any more, it's mainly debt collectors in these kind of areas these days.

Lol, wow

I had an Alsatian and unfortunately I cannot say the same for her, she used to be so scared even when I went for a walk with her and other dogs started barking at her she would run and leave me alone. Once there was almost a dog fight and the other dogs were chasing her and she ran and hid between my legs and about 4 dogs barking at her around me I chased them off trying to protect me and her and alhamdulillah it worked. I wasnt a muslim then.

When I became Muslim I did not have any dogs alhamdulillah, otherwise I am sure it would have been really hard for me to give it or them up, since i had left home and had a small apartment thousands of miles away from home and cannot stand the mess and smell in the house.

I always had dogs,different breeds, around when growing up some very protective and some not so but were fun anyway and they can be really loving and loyal animals and I am known in my family for my love of dogs so I would get a puppy every once in a while but back home we had big gardens so they did not come in the house at all, they had a kennel somewhere in the garden for really rainy days or extreme sunshine, with a dog blanket, and bowls for food and water which would be washed regularly as well.

Being a Muslim though I understand why I cannot keep one and do not wish too especially not in this country where it has to be in the house. I could not live with that. I love them but I guess not that much especially with children in the house.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2: Sister,

I agree 100% that some people interpret this whole thing as an excuse to mistreat dogs, and it's sick to do such a thing and wrong.

My post also sart with the same text.

However...of course dogs in poor countries are going to search in filth for food. Humans in poor countries do the same.

Are you are comparing dog and poor man taking their food from the same place..heap of filth i mean.? Have you seen any dog washing his mouth and hand before and after eating?

Such sexual acts aren't just committed by women, and it really isn't a problem. In the West, tons of people keep dogs, but this just isn't a common problem at all.

I prefer not to comment on this more.

As I understand it, keeping a dog is disliked, but not haram. I personally have a dog, and I wouldn't give it up. The truth is, if I hadn't bought her she would have died. She was mistreated, the runt of the litter, and has mental disabilities. I don't think keeping her is wrong, and I never will think such a thing. When she's gone, would I get a new one? Absolutely, and it'll probably be a rescue dog.

You can keep dogs for protection, which is a good thing. Dogs are very useful. Like someone said, their sense are incredible. They can sense danger and make good character judgments of people. And if you're a woman walking a medium sized or larger dog, there's no way anyone would ever attack you. So at least keeping a dog (at least for a woman, alone, walking at any time of day) is the best protection you can have.

Where did we say we cant keep dog as guard or protection? Outside my house there is big compound. From my childhood till today in so many years,my family have fed and taken care of more than 50 dogs untill now (of course 2-3 at a time). They live outside our house as guard and we take care of them in winters and well as for their food two times a day. They have their own roof to protect from winter, rain or hot winds.

Bt it does not mean we allow them to come and jump on our bed or put their mouth in our plates etc. They can urinate anywhere on carpet, sofa or bed even without knowledge (when we are out). And you know we muslims also pray at home. Condition of prayer is that you should be clean with wudu. Even few drops of najasat from your own body makes you impure to pray and you have to change your clothes and sometimes perform wudu again. So, being muslims, praying five times a day, we perhaps cant afford changing the clothes all the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

So you can see point is not the kindness and mercy toward them but the how close we can live with them. Redneck Brother, questioned the logic why Islam is prohibiting? ...note he is questioning Islam! Dont take it personal anyone who has the dog. Dogs may be more clean and useful in western society but Islamic laws are universal. For your individual concerns you may contact local scholar to get appropriate advice.

Regards

Wasalam

Attachments

• dog1.BMP
    45.9 KB · Views: 88
  • dog2.BMP
    46 KB · Views: 89
  • dog3.BMP
    56.3 KB · Views: 90
  • dog4.BMP
    47.8 KB · Views: 87
  • dog6.BMP
    37.1 KB · Views: 88
  • dog7.BMP
    47.5 KB · Views: 103
  • dog8.BMP
    46 KB · Views: 105

kayleigh

My post also sart with the same text.

"I agree 100% that..."

Are you are comparing dog and poor man taking their food from the same place..heap of filth i mean.? Have you seen any dog washing his mouth and hand before and after eating?

Yes, I am. In poor countries, people sometimes have no choice but to look through garbage to find something to eat. This happens even in so-called rich countries like the US. When was the last time you saw a homeless man regularly wash his hands with soap and water before eating? A poor, homeless man, will not brush his teeth and wash his hands before digging through the garbage, especially if hes in a third world country and has no easy access to clean water and soap.

Where did we say we cant keep dog as guard or protection?

No one did, and I never said that no one did.

Bt it does not mean we allow them to come and jump on our bed or put their mouth in our plates etc. They can urinate anywhere on carpet, sofa or bed even without knowledge (when we are out). And you know we muslims also pray at home. Condition of prayer is that you should be clean with wudu. Even few drops of najasat from your own body makes you impure to pray and you have to change your clothes and sometimes perform wudu again. So, being muslims, praying five times a day, we perhaps cant afford changing the clothes all the time.

Its entirely possible to keep a dog without it jumping on your bed or coming in contact with plates and utensils that humans will use for food. In some climates, its impossible to keep certain dogs out doors year round.

But its a personal choice for everyone so it doesn't really concern me how people house their dogs, as long as they're taken care of.

..note he is questioning Islam!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning Islam. If no one asks a question, no one gets and answer. It would just be ignorant or anyone to accept everything at face value without asking questions and questioning the validity of it.

Dogs may be more clean and useful in western society but Islamic laws are universal.

Then that certainly gives him a reason to question. If dogs are clean and useful in the West, then there's no reason to try to come up with explanations or excuses as to why the rule still applies when those reasons and explanations just aren't a big factor or just don't apply at all.

People should acknowledge the fact that, sometimes, there's no good reason that humans are aware of to abide by certain rules. But if you think its still there for a reason, then abide by it. Its entirely possible that there are reasons for God's rules that we aren't fully aware of.

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

if u want a dog for protection i think it is ok, as the dog serves a perpose. Angels f mercy will not enter your house if you have pictures on your walls of beings with souls, or dogs. Cats are ok, to my knowledge. If you have a garden you can have a dog, just give it a warm kennel and give it a good life.

Redneck

Let's just clear something up. I'm not questioning Islam, I'm trying to understand it. I come from a culture where most of us have "forgotten"
our essential natures and lack any knowledge of how to behave or pray
or even begin to ask to understand what Allah (swt) wants of us. It's a bit like an amnesia victim waking up and remembering a bit at a time.

There is another post here Shaitan's Convention which describes all
the "western" activities used to "jam" our prayer and stunt our growth.
Having lived in that mindless state for a long time , I couldn't agree more with Shahadeeh35 . Let's look at what life's like down the bottom end of the pile for women, young mum's in the UK. Someone asked about (why) a woman would want to be filmed having a lewd relationship with a dog, well,
I'll tell you this so you understand.

Kelly is a good a name as any, she is a composite of a few kids I've come accross. Kelly's mum and dad are divorced she has never been brought up in a family. Her mum got pregnant at seventeen , and for those seventeen years she and kelly have lived in flat a concrete tower block . It wasn't
that good for her growing up . Her mum had a succession of boyfriends
and she learnt not to get too attached because they don't hang around.
It's not really that safe to go out late on , the concrete walkways stink of urine and there's gangs of lads and girls hanging around sometimes off their heads on drugs and cheap alcohol. She's seen the mess on the pavement when someone has had enough and jumped out of an eighth
floor window. In spite of this there are families that stick together and grit it out in this very hard place, Kelly just doesn't see them, because she doesn't know what she's looking at.

She's pregnant by fifteen. At sixteen she has a council flat and a baby.
Single parent mums get priority. A baby is kind of a fastrack route to getting a flat. She's on her own. In a flat TV going 24/7 because she can't stand the intense noise of the baby crying . Day and n night the walls boom with other peoples loud music .

The CSA have not managed to get her boyfriend to pay anything at all.
He Mum's a broke as she is. The fridge packs up so Kelly goes to the local loan shark and borrows $600.00 and promises to pay back $1200.00
over three years. Of course she can't make the payments and ends up
borrowing more money. Some pretty nasty guys start to turn up demanding payment. They suggest all sorts of things might happen to her if she doesn't pay. Kelly is scum to them , one of them has a mate who makes *!*!*!*! videos , he asks her cruelly ," do you like dogs?"

... This is your starting point . How could Muslims help someone like Kelly
in the UK ? Because there's nothing else on her Horizon.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Peace:

These all things you described in your story are not part of an ideal Islamic society.

* Her mum had a succession of boyfriends

* lads and girls hanging around

* sometimes off their heads on drugs

* and alcohol

* She's pregnant by fifteen

* In a flat TV going 24/7

* can't stand the intense noise of the baby crying

* walls boom with other peoples loud music

* local loan shark

So, if kelly followed teachings of Islam, she was naturally saved.

How could Muslims help someone like Kelly in the UK ? Because there's nothing else on her Horizon

So why would one ask the solution of a problem from Islam that came actually by not following islam!! Anyway, In Islam if someone was in this situation of poverty, there is strong family bond and all financial burden lies on men for family support, there is zakat system, and in developed countries there are rehabilitation centers and other NGOs. A women who is looking for honest solution and having nothing else on her horizon can even work as housemaid or as nanny etc but can't do all that what your wrote. Where there is will there is way.

Best Regards

somewhatinspired

pertaiing to dogs as pets

asalamualaikum

i am American, and i grew up with dogs in the house.

dogs are really fun, and can have great personalities.

but i completely understand why we should not live with them in our houses at all.

if i lived on a farm, or had a lot of land, i would absolutely keep a dog possibly several. assuming i had the time and energy to take care of them.
but even if i had a house with a big back yard, i would not keep a dog.
because i wouldn't want to have to dedicate my entire yard as the dogs space.

dogs need a lot of space.

i don't care what anyone says, dogs will be happier if they have a place to run around in. even if it is a tiny dog. or if you walk it every day

i couldnt play in my backyard without shoes as a kid because there was dog waste everywhere.

and when i have kids(Insha Allah), if i am fortunate enough to have a back yard,
i would like my children to be able to play in it freely. with out worry about urine all over the place. let alone solid waste.

as far as living in the house, dogs shed.
their hair gets everywhere.

dog owners often do not notice it. but the hair gets everywhere. i don't care about how little certain dogs shed. they shed.

some people think their hair is clean.

i don't think so after rolling around in the grass that it frequently urinates in.

not to mention licking itself with the tongue that it uses to lick its privates.

it can also be noted dog sits with its privates directly to the floor.

and if you are walking on carpet or flooring that your dog sits on, you will have to make wudu, before you can pray

if it jumps on your bed get ready to change your sheets unless you wanna make wudu after you lay down to read a book while waiting for prayer or in between work and school.

and you would not be able to pray anywhere that the dog walked or sat.

i have personally seen countless dogs eat their own or other dogs waste,

i wont even get into the practice of paper training a dog in your home.
which is the most common technique used to train small puppies to control their bodily function

it is common practice to let dogs live as family members in ones home.

but what do you do when the dog is old and no longer able to controls its bodily functions?

you cant deny it the right to live in the house that it has always lived in.

do you kill it before it naturally dies?

for the sake of your family's cleanliness?

dogs are great companions.
good guards, and great hunters.

but i could not live with a dog in my house and be a practicing Muslim at the same time without going through a lot of hardship.

some people may think that the benefits far outweigh the negative aspects.

but i don't think this one can be disputed

dogs belong outside

period

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Hello Red neck,

thought you would like this joke,

A guy is driving around the back woods of Tennessee and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: "Talking Dog For Sale." He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says "So, what's your story?"

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in."

"I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the guy says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of that Stuff ( i changed the last word)

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum

Sister kayleig I think that there are some aspect and laws u have to understand about islam I find ur post to be somewhat personalized u seldom consider the teaching of Islam in practice. Let me tell u if we think a dog can protect us than sorry we missed the point tht "Allah is the best protector no one can harm us or protect us unless if he wills" even if u have a 100lb 3' dog walking with u. It is the trust in Allah that will always take care of u. But i advice u seek some good knowledge abt Islam as ur part seems much relaxed form of Islam as i may say so.I am sorry but i felt so in lots of other post too.