Dogs

amir011

Salam aleykum

Is it allowed to have a dog at home if its for protection, or as I heard the angles will not enter the home, and if so what exactly does that mean?

thanx for help

Khalil2u

they will not enter ur home if u have a dog
they r so cute i know
but the dog can protect outside ur house
and stay away from all black dogs 2
i have seen this answer on many sites
i searched and searched bcuz i didnt want it to b true
i love dogs soooooo much and i have 1
when he dies i will not get another
but i dont want to abandon my lil munchie
he is 1 of Allahs creatures and i will love him till he dies

BigAk

You can have cats I think .... I have two ... don't do much for protection though... One of them runs and hides when a friend comes over... LOL

amir011

Thanx for ure answers but unfortunatly in many countryes like here in scandinavia its just to cold they would die during the winter if they are outside all the day
But anyone know exactly why its not allowed with a dog inside and why cats are allowed?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
If a dog's saliva touches you or your clothes or the place where you pray, you're not fit for salah. Dogs are allowed for guarding purposes only, and you're supposed to keep away from them, not cuddle up with them and let them lick your faces like you must've seen many people do. Also the angels of mercy don't enter that house. Rasulallah (saw)'s grandchildren Hassan and Hussain (raa) had a dog, but they kept it outside or in a doghouse. Once the dog entered Rasulallah (saw)'s house, and he led it outside and poured water on the place where the dog had sat.

Rashadi

It is important that we make salaat the proper way and the dog itself is not bad but it's only the saliva that is impure. I love dogs too and I don't like seeing them harmed and animals are Muslims too after all lol. Just make sure your home is clean and keep it out especially if it is salaat time. The main issue with dogs is the smell and impurity of the saliva and other than that they are not bad at all. May Allah make it easy for you.

Rashadi

I just remembered there is a revert brother on my friends list and he had a bunch of pictures with his beard, kufi, and also told his beautiful reversion story. Instead of focusing on the beautiful journey, congratulating him or making duah for him, some Muslims happened to notice one out of the many photos in which there was a dog and they all drilled him and nailed him with dogs are haram stuff. They didn't even bother to learn if he keeps it outside, or for what reasons he has one but that was the only thing they had to say to him pretty much. I find that rude and absurd.