doing ablution in bathroom???

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
Asalamu alaikum my brothers and ukthis..this is a question that was in my mind for a long long time.but i never really had the time to know properly.i have seen many people doing ablution in the bathroom.we all hear in islam that toilet is the satans home and so when we(wome)go inside she must cover her head with a scarf or shall o smthng.and we(all) are not allowed to talk in toilet or bathroom.buut most people as i know does ablution in bathroom.and at my house there is two types ...one wid closet and the other without closet and used for bathng purpose only.my family does ablution in the second one.i asked my mother isnt it wrong to do ablution there??she said as long as there is no closet its safe..but i am confused and sad always about this and so i do my ablution in the wash basin :biggrin: lol.but is it okay if we do ablution in bathroom!??i need a proper answer please.thanks in advice :)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
What do you mean by bathroom? Every bathroom has a basin, no? Unless you mean an ensuite, in which there is a toilet and basin and shower all in the same enclosed area?

And wow, look at those tags ... nice.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam lil sis

You are right, we are not to mention Allah's name in the bathroom if there is also a tolilet within it. What I tend to do is I say 'Bismillah' outside the room and do the ablution. But if you are at a place where this is simply impossible or unavoidable then there is no sin, then complete the ablution outside with the du'a that is required. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the Most Merciful and He knows us better than we know our selves.

ishislam

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam lil sis

You are right, we are not to mention Allah's name in the bathroom if there is also a tolilet within it. What I tend to do is I say 'Bismillah' outside the room and do the ablution. But if you are at a place where this is simply impossible or unavoidable then there is no sin, then complete the ablution outside with the du'a that is required. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the Most Merciful and He knows us better than we know our selves.
Thankyou broder abu loren .its helpfull.. Jazakkallah khair :)

ishislam

What do you mean by bathroom? Every bathroom has a basin, no? Unless you mean an ensuite, in which there is a toilet and basin and shower all in the same enclosed area?

And wow, look at those tags ... nice.
What about a bathroom without a closet ukthi?? And yes about the tags :biggrin:

Mahzala

Ah, the actual toilet. Sorry sis, we use closet for something else :)

Glad to know.

ishislam

Ah, the actual toilet. Sorry sis, we use closet for something else :)

Glad to know.
Hehe u mean closet as wardrobe right??we too use the same but we call it also like that.. Hehe :biggrin: but thanx ukthi jazakallah khair...can i know your age sis?u seem so cool for me... :)3

Mahzala

Yes as in wardrobe. I am pretty sure you do, I mean, it's English, but I just didn't understand it in the context of your post ... I thought you meant door or something closed ... I didn't see how a closet could mean the toilet bowl, thus the questions ... :oops: No offence intended.

ishislam

Yes as in wardrobe. I am pretty sure you do, I mean, it's English, but I just didn't understand it in the context of your post ... I thought you meant door or something closed ... I didn't see how a closet could mean the toilet bowl, thus the questions ... :oops: No offence intended.
I dont know how sis.but thats how it is used in here.funny though... Barakkallah feek

ishislam

I just noticed the tags.
Asalamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh..its my 4th day in tti and these are the people that i know in tti am sorry i dint add you and only 10 members are allowed to tag too ..i wished to tag @um muhammed & @ sister herb too :sorrow:.forgive me please.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Lol! Ukht you tagged me? I realized only after I read Sister Mahzala's Post. I guess I must have slipped it in the alerts.

Khayr Inshaa`Allah. You got your answer, right?
Thank you .it was very helpfull indeed.vut what is this makrooh means???please if you could... Jazakallah khair for helping me.

It means "disliked".