Dont Wish Christmas & New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
Dear Brothers & Sisters Please dont wish Christmas & New Year :SMILY286:

i saw many many of you wished new year,as far as islam is consent according to the islamic calender new year starts form Mohram

May Allah Guide you all :tti_sister:

Salam Alyekum

Sa'diyah

asaalamu alaikum

whats the big deal? It is a new year! 2008. nothing wrong with wishing your loved ones a prosperous and healthy new year.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

Who cares about saying happy new year to someone, it's called being nice, some people nit pick everything.....

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
Sister Wake Up

Sister its not permissible in islam

when its not permissible then its clear we must obey it,a true believer will never disobey,because his imaan will be strong...

may Allah Guide you on Right Path

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
Sister Wake Up

when its not permissible then its clear we must obey it,a true believer will never disobey,because his imaan will be strong...

In KSA before Christmas & New Year they Distribute Papers in Mosque Regarding Wishes...dont not wish christmas & new year to anybody

1.if you wish merry christmas you have done "kufr" by accepting that GOD has SON..this christian says JESUS is the BEGOTTON SON Of GOD (Nauzubillah) your giving shahada that JESUS is the SON of GOD born on 25th of DECEMBER....the worst cusre you can give to allah is by telling that GOd has SON........

may Allah Guide you on Right Path :tti_sister:

wissal1980

From wissal with love

Peace be with you all
well i just wanted to make something clear over this discussion, well, wishing a Happy new year with no bad attention is ok, but if you say it and believe in then you are wrong.
PLZ brothers and sisters don't make a confusion, and don't forget(al2a3malo biniyat).Again, if u say that sentence and consider urself as a member of christian then you are wrong.
Salam.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

may Allah Guide you on Right Path

ok so I'm not a true believer???? (hmmm thats not very Islamic of you to judge me) what makes you think you can decide that? :astag: like I said some people will nit pick everything :SMILY286:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Peace be with you all
well i just wanted to make something clear over this discussion, well, wishing a Happy new year with no bad attention is ok, but if you say it and believe in then you are wrong.
PLZ brothers and sisters don't make a confusion, and don't forget(al2a3malo biniyat).Again, if u say that sentence and consider urself as a member of christian then you are wrong.
Salam.

Thank you, ur right it's all about intention, I honestly don't think a MUslim saying happy new year to a non MUslim, means the Muslim is about to celebrate new years....

Salaam,

Many scholars say that it is haram to say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year" to non-Muslims. I believe they are referring to both the solar & lunar calendars.

I agree with the scholars when they say it's haram to wish them "Merry Christmas," because there is an act of worship which we Muslims should not take part in.

This NOT a scholarly opinion:

The literal word New Year to me means it's a NEW YEAR. I don't see it being a "religious" festival, because nothing is being worshiped (unless someone can prove it). It's just another day.

Just like every day, it should make us contemplate how time is flying and how we are getting closer to our death beds. May Allah swt give us more days and years to live. So I personally don't mind saying "Happy New Year" or have a "Happy New Day" or "Happy Life", etc. To me it's like not saying "Good Morning" to a non-Muslim or even a Muslim.

All Praises to Allah and the Mistakes are Mine

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
I TOTALLY AGREE
it makes me sad see how many muslims are celebrating or wishing happy new year, we don't celebrate it, so we shouldn't get part of it, we don't even use the same calendar, so i totally agree that is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.