Dr Zakir Naik tells the truth or otherwise?

Iwantpeace

Salam my fellow brothers and sisters,

I would like to know more about dr zakir naik. Some are saying that he is preaching the wrong things about Islam and some are saying otherwise. This I want to know before I start watching his lectures on youtube. Anyone has any input on this??

Please and thank you.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullah

start watching and decide for yourself. He is firstly a scholar/student of comparative religion. Go back to Qur'aan and the authentic narrations when you have doubt and of course ask TTI if you are still not clear about what he says/preaches.

may Allah clear your confusion.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh sister

I would like to ask you to go ahead with watching them. InshaAllah it will benefit you a lot. :)

May Allah reward Dr. Zakir Naik for his hard work in spreading Allah's Deen.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

tariq353

:salam2:

He is one of the best speaker on comparative religion..... His words he always support his lectures with authentic sources from Quran & Hadith.

If you havent watched his debate with William Campbell
"The Quran & the Bible in the light of science"..u have really missed a big thing.
Watch it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjDEdbvG0bU (Main Debate)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01519KTJGIU (Response Session)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LDGN4p6Rpg (Q&A session)

Listen n judge yourself...

Berelwis shia's and sufi's hate him (As usual as he talks about following sunnah).

wa salam

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

can you please refer those people who say that dr zakir is preaching wrong to a psychiatrist?. these people are either jelous or deluded. he always uses evidence in the form of quran and sunnah with also scientific facts to back his points up.

He is the best muslim speker on comparitive religion. and he has a very big backing from umong the top muslim scholers and muslim authoroties. he has also won the king faisel award.. for his hard work on dawah.. he has a tv channel named 'peace tv' and also a very highly regarded school wich will inshallah nurture upcomeing young dais. just listen to one of his talks/lectures/debates and inshallah ul be convinced and be impressed by his vast knowledge that allah has betowed upon.

and as brother Tariq has said, the shias hate him soo they will always say bad things about him only becouse he usses the sunnah to back his points up.

auroran

He is a good daee, very smart masha Allaah but he says that the hoor are genderless (female martyrs get 72 hoor?!) and you can call upon Allaah azza wa jal by any name that is beautiful so a name a mushrik has given their god, you can call upon Allaah with that name?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

dr zakir naik is an invaluable asset for the muslim ummah. he has done where many others have failed.

there are many reasons why peopl dislike him:

1. he speaks as per Quran and hadith....so deviant sects dislike him.

2. he do not follow a particular madhab, so some dislike him.

3. some feel jealous of his fame.

4. he has said things like niqab is not needed, salaam alaikum to non-muslims which has created tensions.

islamdonlyway

He is a good daee, very smart masha Allaah but he says that the hoor are genderless (female martyrs get 72 hoor?!) and you can call upon Allaah azza wa jal by any name that is beautiful so a name a mushrik has given their god, you can call upon Allaah with that name?

walikumsalam,

when did he say hoor are genderless? can u provide with proof please. and yes its true MARTYRES get 72 Hoor, its in a hadith !!! and i think you got the wrong message, he meant that allahs 99 names u can call him by any of them beutifull names..maybe you miss heard..and if not please provide proof.jazakallah

Rebaz

walikumsalam,

when did he say hoor are genderless? can u provide with proof please. and yes its true MARTYRES get 72 Hoor, its in a hadith !!! and i think you got the wrong message, he meant that allahs 99 names u can call him by any of them beutifull names..maybe you miss heard..and if not please provide proof.jazakallah

About the 72 hoori, it's not in an authentic hadith.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

you can call upon Allaah azza wa jal by any name that is beautiful so a name a mushrik has given their god, you can call upon Allaah with that name?

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullah

sister, i have seen him talking like that. But, in the video I saw, he was very careful about doing so... For example, It is OK to call Allah as the Creator, right?

and if some sanskrit/hindi/or any language of idol worshipers have a word equivalent to the attribute of Allah, it is OK to call Allah by that name provided we clarify why we using them... even though mushriks use them to call upon false idols etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Jazak Allahu khyir.

and to the thread starter, Please know that he is a human being and human beings are not perfect. Even if you come across something that is not correct in your opinion please consider this and continue to watch/learn from him(and from any knowledgeable person), taking care that you are always upon correct way.

auroran

my proof is: hoor & names of Allaah.

Like I said think he is very smart masha Allaah and he has excellent answers. I know that male martyrs get 72 hoors (but akh rebaz says the hadith is not authentic), I thought why do female martyrs get 72 hoor also? Even if they were genderless that would still be creepy!

The names of Allaah in other languages are not the same the Arabic ones, that's why mestruating women for example are allowed to touch the English translation of the Qur'aan. The Names of Allaah are not the same as the names in other languages, they're only equivalents, so we should call upon Allaah azza wa jal by the 99 names in Arabic.

tariq353

The Names of Allaah are not the same as the names in other languages, they're only equivalents, so we should call upon Allaah azza wa jal by the 99 names in Arabic.

Yes he is very smart....... and this is one of the point his enemies are trying to capitalize upon .... They fail to realise that mostly these lectures(+ Q & A) are given in front of Non Muslims (Hindus)... He translates the names of Allah (not for muslims .. for non muslims) and proves that that is the same mentioned in ur book but you have given pictures. This is the first step towards clearing their mis concept as they think Allah is some special deity which muslim worship.

wa salam

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
^Jazak Allahu khyir for the answer akhi tariq...

@auroran - i made a mistake by saying we can call Allah by those names..may Allah forgive me. i correct myself and say that you can use the words (equivalents, as you said) to clarify the non muslims that Allah is not a separate deity... but He is the only deity worthy of worship. Also jazak Allahu khyir for the video. in the video he argued that it is better to call Allah by His beautiful names (viz. Allah and all other names He taught us) and in the end part he said "you can call him by any name but it should be a beautiful name". i.e. the names that He subhana wa ta'aala chose for Himself.. I cannot see any difference there. But Dr. Zakir Naik is simply a human, he is bound to make mistakes. I will wonder only if he doesnt make any. but by large, i think his lectures are worth listening to.

*i simply have no knowledge about Hoors point. spare me*

masihuddin

Dr Zakir Naik is a Dayee par excellance He is following the footsteps of one of the greatest dayees of our times the late Ahmed Deedat of South Africa.He has however made a few controversial observations about Yazeed , hoories etc which have angered a large section of the ummah nevertheless he is a scholar of varios religious scriptures and coparitive religions

muslimshabs

:wasalam:

dr zakir naik is an invaluable asset for the muslim ummah. he has done where many others have failed.

there are many reasons why peopl dislike him:

1. he speaks as per Quran and hadith....so deviant sects dislike him.

2. he do not follow a particular madhab, so some dislike him.

3. some feel jealous of his fame.

4. he has said things like niqab is not needed, salaam alaikum to non-muslims which has created tensions.

Asalamu alaikum...

I will second you to agree on all these points...

wasalaam...

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Wa alaikum Assalam WR WB Iwant peace :)

Dr.Zakir Naik is the greatest property of the Muslim Ummah Alahmdulillah.
There is no wrong on listening to his lectures...

Allah , Subhanallah... he runs Peace TV... A full Da'wah, non profit channel.. :) I am learning alooot from them Alahmdulillah..

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Dr Naik mentions that earth is round or spherical and the context is Quran. I have never found the verse/verses which speak about this shape of earth in Quran.

Any of TTI member knows about an old aged Da'ee Kaleem Siddiqui from India?. Compare Dr Naik's methodology of Dwah with that of old man Kaleem Siddiqui.

Regards.

islamdonlyway

my proof is: hoor & names of Allaah.

Like I said think he is very smart masha Allaah and he has excellent answers. I know that male martyrs get 72 hoors (but akh rebaz says the hadith is not authentic), I thought why do female martyrs get 72 hoor also? Even if they were genderless that would still be creepy!

The names of Allaah in other languages are not the same the Arabic ones, that's why mestruating women for example are allowed to touch the English translation of the Qur'aan. The Names of Allaah are not the same as the names in other languages, they're only equivalents, so we should call upon Allaah azza wa jal by the 99 names in Arabic.

Regarding the hoor, he said that as well as mens gettin a companion so shel the womens. their are many scholers who also say this. i think the question of mens gettin hoors and what womens get in return is a debated question among the scholers.

islamdonlyway

Assalamu Alaikum:

Dr Naik mentions that earth is round or spherical and the context is Quran. I have never found the verse/verses which speak about this shape of earth in Quran.

Any of TTI member knows about an old aged Da'ee Kaleem Siddiqui from India?. Compare Dr Naik's methodology of Dwah with that of old man Kaleem Siddiqui.

Regards.

no clue who is kaleem siddique? guessing 90% wont know that brother.

and regarding the circle of the earth :

the earth is geo-spherical, :

And after that he spread the earth. (quran 79:30) in this verse the arabic word for egg is 'dahaahaa' wich means specificly an ostrich egg wich is geo-spherical in shape unlike normal eggs.

note: the arabic word 'dahaahaa' has been translated by A.Yusuf Ali as 'vast expanse' wich is also correct. Dahaahaa also means an ostrich-egg.