Drivers License

Salaamalikum,

This question is more or less for sisters that wears a hijab and/or niqab. Brothers are more than welcomed to comment as well.

I am just curious, when you are in a country like the U.S. you have to take your picture, showing your whole face, in order to obtain a drivers license. Does anyone know the rule of law, if a Muslim woman can cover her hair/ face. Does she have to take her hijab/niqab off?? I remember reading along time ago in my business law class about a Muslim womans case, regarding this matter--but I forgot the outcome. How about in other countries? What about in Muslim countries?

Jazakallahu khair

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

Brother i live in UK and my drivers license and my work badge i have my hijab on (i dont wear nikaab as yet) insha-Allah when i have more courage i will...

From what i know you cant wear nikaab and take pics, you have to show face. If any sisters can comment on this it will be great :)

wasalam

Sister S

:wasalam:

UmmAysha you are right.

i live in the UK too. you have to show your face when taking your pic for drivers license, passport etc. you cannot cover your face and then take your pic.i think it is the same in the US. im not sure though.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

In Singapore ure allow to have ur hijab but i dont think they allow the niqab.Some of our Goverment departments do not allow the muslimah to put on their hijab or any kind of headcovering even after they approached their union to help them.:SMILY23::SMILY23:Its ok for the guys to have fez though.

:wasalam: :hijabi:

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
Baraka allah feekoum. In Canada you are not allowed to have the niqab for the drivers licence...I have it for my university id though.... In the US one muslimah refused to remove her niqab 4 a driver's licence and the court ruled agianst issuing a driver's licence with a niqab on. There is a sister from Saudi Arabia who has a driver's licence with a niqab in the US....but she is among the lucky 1's...I read that post on this site
Wasalam alaikum wr/wb