Dumb question

arzafar

As-salamu 'Aleykum

...Brownish you mean...because there's NO One that's the color BlAck!..
LOL-just kiddin' akhi arzafar...My classmates have jst been gettin' on my nerves lately, 'cause we had aplications to fill out if anyone wanted summer jobs, and the aplication asks for 'Race', some of the kids are Somali, and they fall under the 'Black' category....anyways, they keep crossing the Black out and put down Brown!, 'cause as they said There is No one tht's the color 'Black'..It's funny but annoys me at the same time:biggrin:

Sister Aapa...for what it matters, I didn't know what Desi meant either:)

oh yes offcourse, mayeb i should have said brownish na chocolaty is better

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Next time I have to fill out a form I am going to put South Asian Desi Not Pacific Islander Not Hispanic Not Native American, Not Balck, Not Sub-Saharan African, Not Middle Eastern, Southern Gal.

Just think someone got paid to come up with these descriptors.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

Next time I have to fill out a form I am going to put South Asian Desi Not Pacific Islander Not Hispanic Not Native American, Not Balck, Not Sub-Saharan African, Not Middle Eastern, Southern Gal.

Just think someone got paid to come up with these descriptors.

If there's a SAdesi, then ur free to check tht box,Lool:biggrin:...or yu'll become like this somali guy who didn't get a job because he crossed out 'black' and put down 'somali' on the 'other' option:biggrin:

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Asalam aleakum,

Basically a desi is someone with a Indo/Pak/Bangladeshi background. It is not used in a prejorative context and has no negative conotation. My husband is a desi and says we shall have semi-desis. LOL

More inclined towards indians as they tend to refer themselves to.