EARTH IS NOT ORBITING THE SUN?

Shak78

:salam2:

This is just my opinion but it is backed up by most of the scientific community in the world that the wonderful blue ball we live on orbits the Sun. While the Sun is not in the center of the galaxy, that would be a super-massive black hole, it is at the center of our Solar System. Earth orbits the Sun due to the gravitational forces exerted by the Sun due to it's massive, just as the Earth exerts forces on the moon and it's rotating around the Earth. I am somewhat surprised that the theory of geocentrism is still around. I am not saying the Sheik who supports this is uneducated by any means but on this unless he can show me science and proof I will continue to believe that we on Earth orbit the Sun as well as the other 8 planets in our little Solar System.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

http://nineplanets.org/overview.html

Tomtom

Banned
I am not a big fan of science or scientists as they seem to contradict Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and most are arrogant people who thinks they know better than Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and that is the reason why most of them are atheists.

I agree with sis Shak78 and I believe the scientists on this one. The earth is rotating, therefore if the sun is going around the earth this will cause problems as the sun would not rise at regualr intervals and the dawn and setting of the sun would conflict. For example, the night may be longer on some days and vise versa. I hope this makes sense.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I agree, if we are saying the sun is not the centre of our solar system, then the greek had it right. If we are saying the sun is, the Sheikh that I spoke with said the kuffar will raise doubt about many hadith. Example, we believe Allah's throne (the arash) is directly above the Kaabah. Is that true? If yes, if the earth is rotating how then the throne will be directly above the Kaabah? Unless the atmosphere also rotating. If the earth rotating from west to the east, is that mean we will take a shorter flight if we fly towards the west? Some scientist were saying, the earth were swimming around the sun in it's orbit for about 1,000 mph. Why we are not feeling it? There are several websites confirmed that there is no proper test which is positive that the earth is orbitting the sun.

I think, if we get the correct tafseer for those ayah we will find the truth.. end of the truth is with Allah's alone.

Tomtom

Banned
Ok can somebody please post the verses from the Holy Qur'an or the hadiths which say that the sun orbits the earth?

Thank you.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Are we being fooled all this while? Is the sun orbiting the earth instead?

Alhamdulillah, yesterday I've got chance to meet one Indonesian born sheikh, spoke with him for 2-3 hours.

We spoke on various topics, I took the opportunity to clarify a lot of things from him, he is very knowledgeable sheikh in Islamic falak.

The last part, he explained to me about tafsir of the Yassin, 36:40. According to him, the sun is actually going around the earth, moving in S formation around earth.

He said, there are two theories,

1) "geocentrism" i.e earth at the centre, the sun goes around the earth in it's orbit.

2) "heliocentrism" in which earth and other planets go around the sun which the sun believes to be in stationary.

He said, if we believe the 2nd theory, we will contradicts many hadiths and also the above Quranic verses which says the sun and the moon are revolving around in their respective orbit. Which also means the earth is static.

Is there any other source to verify the above?

That is opinion of one scholar. What others are thinking about it?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

I talked to my sheikh today, who is the head of Darul Ihsan University, Dhaka, Islamic Studies Department. He said that there can not be contradiction of Quran with science. It is either our lacking in finding a proper evidence and define a final theory in science or either we misinterpret the verses of the Quran. For example, regarding the fact that Allah knows what is the womb of a mother but today we have this ultra sound technology, by which even human beings can look at the baby inside the womb. Does this invalidate the fact that Allaah knows what is the womb? No! It does not, because have not yet found out the true meaning of this thus we are misinterpreting. The Mufassirin who did the tafseers before did not know or realize that there can be technologies like this by which the baby can be seen inside the mother's womb, thus they concluded that this was talking about the sex of the baby in the mother's womb. But today as we see a different scenario, we have to know that such tafseer or interpretation is no more acceptable. And Allaah Knows Best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

But, it was Muslims who did all the math stuff to calculate the orbits and stuff.
They defined the sine and other trig related stuff. They studied the heavens to calculate prayer times. They worked on spherical triangles ( go figure) to find out which way to pray...do you see where I am going with this...it was Muslims who translated the knowledge and went with it..without Muslim endeavor it would have been hard to calculate the orbits...http://www.as.utexas.edu/astronomy/education/spring05/bromm/readings/islam.pdf

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thanks for all your replies. I've no intention to argue with science but rather want to ensure the science is correct with Quran.

I bought a book written by a medical doctor cum a preacher. He has spoken a lot about science and Islam in his books. According to him, the earth is orbiting the sun which in line with science.

This thread still open for discussion, pls share if you have any new information with evidence.

Pls read below website and comment if any:

http://www.harunyahya.com/miracles_of_the_quran_p1_03.php