emotions

yellowFlower

TRUST in Allah [SWT]
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, dear brothers and sisters in islam.

here, i found this in one of my emails and it's very beneficial, Alhamdulilah. in'sha'Allah, this will be a good reminder to all of us.

AS I SIT HERE CONTEMPLATING AND REVIEWING THIS PAST WEEK, I REALIZE THAT WE HUMANS IN GENERAL HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH A "ROLLER COASTER" OF EMOTIONS.

ANTICIPATION OF A BABY. EXCITEMENT OF FINALLY MEETING THAT LITTLE SOMEONE. DETERMINATION TO SIT AND STUDY FOR HOURS AND DAYS. ANXIETY OF A FINAL EXAM. JOY OF A NEW HOME. FEAR OF LOSING A HOUSE OR JOB. SADNESS UPON HEARING OF SOMEONE'S ILLNESS. DEPRESSION OVER ONE'S CONDITIONS. ENVY OVER SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE. HATRED AND ANGER EVERYWHERE. HOPE AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. HAPPINESS WITH THAT SPECIAL MATE. CONTENTMENT WITH ALLAH. AND THEN YOU HAVE THE MOST FEARED ONE, GRIEVE. THE LOSE OF A CHILD, FAMILY MEMBER OR A SPECIAL FRIEND, IS TOTALLY UNCONTROLLABLE. AFTER GOING THROUGH ALL THESE EMOTIONS, MANY MORE NOT MENTIONED, ALLAH ALMIGHTY SAVES THE BEST ONE FOR LAST - LOVE. TO BE RECOGNIZED AND RESPECTED AS THE NOBLEST EMOTION.

Islam teaches moderation in everything, aiming to create equilibrium so that one is always at peace with one's self, the universe, and Allah. It is advised to avoid extremes in negative or positive emotions, as any extremes are destructive if left uncontrolled.

For example extreme happiness leads to indulgence in excesses to give a false sense of 'celebration' . While extreme sadness leads to being destructive to one's self and others (as in committing suicide or causing pain to others).

One is expected to maintain strong ties with Allah, and to draw strength and support from Him at all times. If one believes there is an All-Wise, All-Knowing God, running the universe and that everything happens for a good reason within a wise and just master plan, then there would be no reason for despair or envy or depression.

The Prophet (pbuh) teaches that no one's faith is complete until they love for others what they love for themselves, which is a very positive state of mind.​

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
mashallah very nice thread
thank you for sharing it
May ALLAH bless you and grant u janat ul firdous.Ameen
:wasalam:

yellowFlower

TRUST in Allah [SWT]
walaikum assalam, sister.

jazakallah khair. amin to your dua, sister. may Allah bless you as well.

and i'm really curious, brothers and sisters at tti... for some odd reasons, i feel that there is something you don't like about me. did i said anything wrong... are most of my posts so boring... did i offended anybody... something?

and am i so weird? 0__o

AbdAllah84

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, dear brothers and sisters in islam.

here, i found this in one of my emails and it's very beneficial, Alhamdulilah. in'sha'Allah, this will be a good reminder to all of us.

:salam2: Sister,

Jazakallah khair for the post

:wasalam: