Serious Engagement ring not allowed in Islam.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Do people still practice this? Engagement ring...?
Why would you need that in the first place - buy each other a book on the Perfect Islamic marriage or something `cause you're going to need that more.

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum sis, Some people still practice this ignorance, I have witness them with my own eyes but did not say anything either because of ignorance too. Indeed adherence to the Book of Allah and the sunnah of the prophet saw is the way to a prospers marriage.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam:

Do people still practice this? Engagement ring...?
Why would you need that in the first place - buy each other a book on the Perfect Islamic marriage or something `cause you're going to need that more.

Still practice?! You'll be surprised how many Muslims wear such rings after they get married. I have no idea why so many Muslims adopt non-Muslim traditions walahi. I guess it's just people getting assimilated and ignorance, of course.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,I can't agree at 100%
when I got engaged,my actual husband took the engage to marry me,but before doing that he gave me a ring a sign of love and to put in evidence that I was engaged,for not to allow someone else trying to be my fiancè.it remembers me good moments,it's romantic,I never put this matter under the Islamic point.the Imam who healed me told me that there was no problem if I wore a ring on the left hand(because I am able to use the right hand and it's diffucult to have rings/bracelets there),the only exception he made when he saw a ring on my left thumb,he told me not to put the ring there because it was an emulation of kafar billah.indeed evry shaikh has his truths to teach,but we have a free way to judge if it is really good or not what we are doing.Allah said not to make haram what it was halal for us.the ring as sign of engagement is first of all piece of gold/silver that our partner gave us after many hours of work and it's a satisfaction for the partner to see that on the finger,it means that they are closed to each other even if they are far.How many times I kissed my ring thinking to my beloved one?

Nureyni Amir

,it means that they are closed to each other even if they are far.How many times I kissed my ring thinking to my beloved one?

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dear sister. Hope you are in the best of health and sound Emman. The shiek mentioned two key point regarding this topic. And they are that a person is either imitating the disbelievers and secondly in hope that this ring will make them closer to their beloved once quote to quote that "they will feel close even if they are far apart" Wanauthubillah this is what most of the disbelievers say too, saying that this is a sign of my love our love for each other. Well, in my opinion there is no one more beloved to us than Allah swa and there is no such thing as symbol or what so ever we wear claiming that it makes me close to my lord ALLAH swa. Than is the prophet swa and there is no symbol we wear saying it reminds me of him and when it comes your beloved mother we do not carry her picture around our neck saying it reminds me of her. Imam Ibn Qayyim ra explained this beautifully,

Attachments

• allah.jpg
    allah.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 7

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I don't want to seem polemic,your opinion is respectable,but tell me why Allah allowed to women to wear gold jewels,if they fall into the imitation of the disbelievers?I like my ring and it was given to me after more than 1 year of engagement.we both knew that it wasn't the ring to make our love to grow up,but it was a good point of start.what disbeliers do is much more bad,they not only wear rings everywhere,but they use to do tatoos,piercings and tansgendering....I challenge all the married sisters on tti if they have at least a ring on their finger.I don't believe that they'll tell it,but it's normal for women to have such jewels.I repeat,I respect youo opinion

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Walaykum Salaam,

Sister Hayat, I think you have misunderstood. No one is saying Muslim women aren't allowed to wear jewelry or rings on their fingers. Of course we can wear rings, bracelets of any kind whether gold, silver or diamonds. We're speaking about the engagement ring that is specifically worn after a woman is married. This is not an Islamic tradition. It's a Christian or Non-Muslim tradition. That's why it's not good to do that. The Prophet peace be upon him told us to be different from the Kuffars. He used to do the opposite of what they did.

As for your question, sister I'm happily married alhamdulilah and I don't wear an engagement ring. I wear gold rings whenever I want to wear them in any finger on my right or left hand, but I don't have a specific ring that I wear on my left ring-finger because that's just not something I'm too concerned about and because it's un-Islamic. 23

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dear sister Hayat, Of course Allah swa has not forbid us to wear jewelry, Alhamdullillah our sister Umm Ibrahim too explained this but furthermore I don't have enough knowledge to comment further on this issue and your question but if I come across anything regarding this, I will inform you in'sha'allah.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Still practice?! You'll be surprised how many Muslims wear such rings after they get married. I have no idea why so many Muslims adopt non-Muslim traditions walahi. I guess it's just people getting assimilated and ignorance, of course.

Wow subhaanallaah, I haven't been to *those* types of wedding since I was twelve or thirteen so don't really know what's up anymore ... That's terribly sad though, the sunnah of the prophet :saw: is being abandoned for the practice of misguided folks.
May Allaah `azza wa jalla keep us all firm in our faith.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
in fact my husband didn't give the rings I wear after he married me,he didi it before and not to imitate,they were a gift for a lovely person who deserved such things

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
in fact my husband didn't give the rings I wear after he married me,he didi it before and not to imitate,they were a gift for a lovely person who deserved such things

Maashaa'Alllaah there's nothing wrong with a husband gifting his wife. But the fact the you see that ring as an 'engagement ring' is wrong... there's no such thing in our Deen.
May Allaah continue to bless your marriage dear sister.