Evidence of life outside earth in Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.

almouchie

salam to fellow muslims

I would like to know if anyone can help me with this

i know -not sure though in which Surah- that says that there are no life forms outside this earth

now after reading a book, i started to doubt my knowledge & memory about the subject
my regular is currently away at hajj
so i would like some help on the subject
does the Quran specifically say that there arent any lifeform ,be it bugs or whatever
i would appreciate anyone shedding some light on the subject

thanks in advance
lulu from beirut

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Is there life on other planets?

hope this helps...

Question:
Is there life on other planets or in other galaxies?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

As for the seven heavens, they are populated by the angels, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Nearly the heavens might be rent asunder from above them (by His Majesty), and the angels glorify the praises of their Lord, and ask for forgiveness for those on the earth. Verily, Allaah is the Oft‑Forgiving, the Most Merciful”

[al-Shoora 42:5]

“But if they are too proud (to do so), then there are those who are with your Lord (angels) glorify Him night and day, and never are they tired”

[Fussilat 41:38]

Al-Tirmidhi (2312) narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Verily I see what you do not see and I hear what you do not hear. The heaven is creaking and it should creak, for there is no space in it the width of four fingers but there is an angel there, prostrating to Allaah. By Allaah, if you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much, and you would never enjoy women in your beds, and you would go out in the streets, beseeching Allaah.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated from Maalik ibn Sa’sa’ah, in the story of al-Isra’ wa’l-Mi’raaj (the Prophet’s Night Journey and Ascent into heaven): “ … Then the Much-Frequented House (al-bayt al-ma’moor) was raised up for me, and I said: ‘O Jibreel, what is this?’ He said: ‘This is the Much-Frequented House. Every day seventy thousand angels enter it and when they depart from it, they never return to it.” Al-Bukhaari (3207) and Muslim (164).

This has to do with the heavens. As for the planets and other galaxies, our answer is to say: Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asalamu Alaykum,

Allah has revealed the Quran to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: to teach people about their purpose of existance.

Allah (SWT) says in the Quran, 51: 56-58:

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).

I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures).

Verily, Allâh is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.

We need to remember the Quran is not revealed to tell people about every single aspect of the universe, nor is its purpose to provide a complete medical journal etc.

Rather, we should be concerned with Tawheed. This is the message that all the Prophets were given. From Adam through to our beloved Messenger Muhammad :saw:. So we develop our knowledge of Islam according to the Quran and the sunnah.

Even if there is life on other planets, this does not mean anything, except that Allah created it. Allah is the creator of all that exists.

With regards UFO sightings, Alien Abductions and so forth. The unexplainable things of the Supernatural are easily explained in Islam.

Firstly, the people may be imagining it, due to hallucination or their mind playing tricks.

Secondly, they could be seeing Jinn. As we know Allah created the Jinn as well. There are good jinn as well as evil Jinn who serve their Master Iblis (the devil).

There are Muslim and non-Muslim Jinn just as with humans. However, Jinn have order not to interfere with Humans. Those who are evil amongst them are allied with the Shaytaan Iblis, the latter is the king of the Jinn. The evil jinn's job is to make people disbelieve in Allah. Their job is to make people do Shirk (associate partners with Allah / Disbelieve in Allah). They do this in numerous ways: such as MAgic, soothesayers.. building supersticions by making people believe in Ghosts, aliens, ufo, or by getting people to do things which are seen as amazing etc.

The Jinn can transform themselves into various shapes and appear as different people (They can never appear in proper appearance of any of the Prophets)

One must distinguish between magicians and tricksters. The latter do not use "Magic", but still not good because they fool people.

Magic is something that is kept in the scrolls that some Jews know about. Their Rabbis had the books passed down from the time of Soloman that taught Magic and summoning of the Jinn. It is haram to do that, and those were cursed people who were not believers of Allah. Basically, they sold their soul to the Devil. Today, most of the magicians are Jewish, Paul Daniels, Uri Geller, David Copperfield.

I remember seeing interviews with Uri Geller, Jewish Magician. He retold a story of when he started magic. He said that he was in Israel and was a soldier. He went into a graveyard and suddenly felt a power around him. He spoke to that power and agreed to work with it! And since that day he does magic! -- If you study the Quran and Hadith, then you will know that Magic is done when the Jinn make people do Shirk. It is the Jinns doing. Other then that, there is nothing special about it or their power is not greater than that of Allah. Never. Rather, the magic is the doing of the Shaytan as it is part of his natural ability to do things that for humans is impossible. i.e. travel great distances at very fast speeds, make things disappear or bend objects etc.

uskupi

tafseer

assalam alaikum ,regarding to you doubts about extraterestial existens i can send you ayat witch was reveled in the Quran -suretul Shura(capt.42)ayat-29 it lieves open doors to the coment that in universe Allah S V T has createed noumbrlees creatures with minde in that group of mindefull creatures humans belongs too Assalam alaikum bro

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalam alaikum ,regarding to you doubts about extraterestial existens i can send you ayat witch was reveled in the Quran -suretul Shura(capt.42)ayat-29 it lieves open doors to the coment that in universe Allah S V T has createed noumbrlees creatures with minde in that group of mindefull creatures humans belongs too Assalam alaikum bro

Assalamu Alaykum I think it is important that people of knowledge comment on these issues rather than we give our Tafsir of Quranic Verses.

I already had to delete one post because it had some strange ideas. Astaghfirullah the person claimed there to be more than one Prophet on parallel worlds. Silly nonsense.

People do not know the importance of Tawheed and the knowledge of simple Fiqh issues yet can start philosophising and innovating. This is a sign of the weakness of our Ummah.

and Allah knows best.

Wasalam

Topic Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.