Evolution Theory In The Holy Qur'an

zulfikar

Brother, I already agreed with the first part in my above post.
You quoted Surah 20:30. If your interpreting evolution generally as how the world came to be over time, than yes this verse does speak about it. People have said that this is relating to the Big Bang, the phenomena where the whole cosmos was "exploded" ( as being cleft asunder " into being. Also, it is true that we are created from water, we are , in fact 67% water. Now you were right to claim this is a scientific vese, because it is. Now the one you quoated earlier is when my post becomes relevant. As Kashmiri said, it's reffering to the resseruction of mankind. ( Thats what I thought too ) So why would anyone try to cram in another idea in it to make the book more "scientific". Don't think i'm just being picky about you, i've always seen people interpreting their own way. * Insert above post here * :) The other brothers before my explain it real well.

Here, this is an example of a scientific Quranic verse.

"Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet, there is a barrier between them. This barrier divides the two seas so that each sea has its own temperature, salinity, and density.
[Principles of Oceanography - Davis, pp. 92-93]

For example, Mediterranean Sea water is warm, saline and less dense, compared to Atlantic Ocean water. When Mediterranean Sea water enters the Atlantic over the Gibraltar sill, it moves several hundred kilometers into the Atlantic at a depth of about 1,000 meters with its own warm, saline and less dense characteristics.
The Mediterranean water stabilizes at this depth.
[Principles of Oceanography p. 93]

The Mediterranean Sea water as it enters the Atlantic over the Gibraltar sill with its own warm, saline and less dense characteristics, because of the barrier that distinguishes between them. Temperatures are in degrees Celsius (C).

Even in depths (indicated here by darker colors) up to 1,400 meters and at distances ranging from a minus -100 to +2,500 meters, we find that both bodies of water maintain their individual temperatures and salinity.

Although there are large waves, strong currents, and tides in these seas, they do not mix or transgress this barrier.

The Holy Quran mentioned that there is a barrier between two seas that meet and that they do not transgress. God said:

He has let free the two seas meeting to gather. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress.

[Holy Quran 55:19-20]

But when the Quran speaks about the divider between fresh and salt water, it mentions the existence of "a forbidding partition" with the barrier.

God said in the Quran:

He is the one who has let free the two bodies of flowing water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition.
[Holy Quran 25:53]

On may ask, why did the Quran mention the partition when speaking about the divider between fresh and salt water, but did not mention it when speaking about the divider between the two seas?
Modern science has discovered that in estuaries, where fresh (sweet) and salt water meet, the situation is somewhat different from what is found in places where two seas meet. It has been discovered that what distinguishes fresh water from salt water in estuaries is a "pycnocline zone with a marked density discontinuity separating the two layers."
[Oceanography p. 242]

This partition (zone of separation) has a different salinity from the fresh water and from the salt water
[Oceanography p. 244 and Introductory Oceanography pp. 300-301]

This information has been discovered only recently using advanced equipment to measure temperature, salinity, density, oxygen dissolubility, etc. The human eye cannot see the difference between the two seas that meet, rather the two seas appear to us as one homogeneous sea. Likewise the human eye cannot see the division of water in estuaries into the three kinds: the fresh water, the salt water, the partition (zone of separation)."

Salam :)

I think knowledges given by Allah for believers/muslims at the past did not pass through by scientific way. But by self introspection. Because how did people at the past will know the big bang? surely they did not knowing by surface radiation of electromagnetic wave cause by first explotion.
So for people in the present, the scientifical part of the Holy Quran should be taken by 'taking lesson' from comparison among creations/incidents.
my forth posted in this thread could become example, especially about surrah Al-Ghaasyiyah :

Surrah Al Ghaasyiyah 17-20

17: Do they not look at the camel, how they are made?
18: And the sky, how it is raised high?
19: And the mountains, how they are fixed firm?
And the earth how it is spread out?

Maybe we could regard the processing of camel in this ayah 17 as the growth of a baby camel becoming an adult camel. But what about the sky, the mountain, and the earth?
this three ayah show us those shpuld be read as the same process. Because the subject and verb in the ayah 18-20 is there in the ayah 17; A falaa yanzhuruuna'
These ayah mean that we MUST KNOW HOW the process productions of sky, mountain and the earth made by Allah.
And the process of this three creatures just the same with the camel.
How could the production process of sky could be the same with the production of camel? Were we know already how Allah made the sky, mountain and camel? Because He ordered us to understand how did He make them.

there are differences of the process production between camel and mountain. Camel came from the same creature--> its mother. But mountain came from the earth--> different creature.

BrotherZak

I had i script from my ancestor that give us a clear view about mother Eve and prophet Adam. This is a tafsir script. the thrown to earth from heaven is absolutly a mutasyabihah ayah or symbolized ayah. get ye down all people to earth mean decreasing of alivable life in the earth cause of many conflicts between prophet's Adam descendants.

At one instance Adam and Eve dwelled in the Kingdom of Paradise for definite amount of time , and abruptly due to their sin Allah banished them away from Paradise to live on Earth. Its hard to imagine physical bodies being thrown down or transported down from earth but rather i believe, it may have been their spirits which has been transmuted into our modern day man. Its quite possibly and the Quran leaves it up for interpretation to the minds of the thinkers and scientists. We can never know the the complete picture but surely a slowly evolved primates(by the will of Allah) who became sentient conscious humans after their emergence with the spirit or Nafs of Adam and eve may not be out of the question. salams :)

Amir_of_spain

Hmm im shocked at some of these posts. This is how some of the muslim scientists in al andalus became affected by western, greek philosophy, taking logic and reason in exclusion of religion. Allah can thrown or transport anyone, anything he wishes. Allah said he created man from dust (not from apes) and will ressurect the dead, these are points of imaan, i dont know why brothers are trying to absorb it into a scientific framework, whilst in the process end up believing in things and adopting ideas which can be considered as kufr. The quran is clear, allah is the creator of mankind, there is no human, darwinian approach, we reject this model.

zulfikar

Hmm im shocked at some of these posts. This is how some of the muslim scientists in al andalus became affected by western, greek philosophy, taking logic and reason in exclusion of religion. Allah can thrown or transport anyone, anything he wishes. Allah said he created man from dust (not from apes) and will ressurect the dead, these are points of imaan, i dont know why brothers are trying to absorb it into a scientific framework, whilst in the process end up believing in things and adopting ideas which can be considered as kufr. The quran is clear, allah is the creator of mankind, there is no human, darwinian approach, we reject this model.

this is doesn't take from Archimedes and Socrates these are 100% pure from The Holy Quran. And we must remember about attribute belong to Allah: Mukhalafatuhu Lil Binafsih in the Asmaa' ul Husnaa, This atribut means Allah different then creature in the view of His Element, His Characteristic, and His Action, or Deed.
So IF we take a view as Allah made human direct immediately from the dust then suddenly became him, prophet Adam. So the action, deed of His production just the same as an engineers who make things in the fabric. Or an artist who make a sculpture. At least there are a part of production made by Allah and people are same. Whereas the Action by Allah to make creatures should be 100% different than people make things. And this is a big shirk

aelshamy

:salam2:

this is doesn't take from Archimedes and Socrates these are 100% pure from The Holy Quran. And we must remember about attribute belong to Allah: Mukhalafatuhu Lil Binafsih in the Asmaa' ul Husnaa, This atribut means Allah different then creature in the view of His Element, His Characteristic, and His Action, or Deed.
So IF we take a view as Allah made human direct immediately from the dust then suddenly became him, prophet Adam. So the action, deed of His production just the same as an engineers who make things in the fabric. Or an artist who make a sculpture. At least there are a part of production made by Allah and people are same. Whereas the Action by Allah to make creatures should be 100% different than people make things. And this is a big shirk

ِAllah doesn't need to simulate what an engineer or artist do and also he doesn't need evolution theory to create any thing . Allah سبحانه وتعالى has the absolute power and absolute ability, he سبحانه وتعالى needs nothing to create what he wills as he wills.

" His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is " translation of the meanings of Quran 036.082

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was " translation of the meanings of Quran 003.059

The scholars put regulations and measures should be followed when an Authorized mofasir ( the man who can make tafsir ) when he considers an ait of Quran from the modern sciences point of view. Tafsir of Ait 20 of Sourt Al-Ankabut which is mentioned in this thread violates these regulations in two points.
Scholars said that the mofasir should consider a scientific FACT which there is no doubt that it is correct now and it is correct after 1000000 years. And of course evolution is not a FACT and no body can claim it is because it is just a theory and also there are many arguments about it.
Also the scientific tafsir should integrate with traditional and old tafsirs and don't contradict with them. ِall of them (for example Altabri, Ibn kather and tafsir algalalin) said that 'the latter creation' is the resurrection. Also al-sahabi Abdullah Ibn Abbas - رضى الله عنه - said that it is the resurrection.
Abdullah Ibn Abbas - رضى الله عنه - is called by ummah along the ages " the interpreter of Quran, Also the prophet :saw: said about him :" Allahouma teach him al-taaweel" taaweel is tafsir.

zulfikar

:salam2:

ِAllah doesn't need to simulate what an engineer or artist do and also he doesn't need evolution theory to create any thing . Allah سبحانه وتعالى has the absolute power and absolute ability, he سبحانه وتعالى needs nothing to create what he wills as he wills.

" His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is " translation of the meanings of Quran 036.082

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was " translation of the meanings of Quran 003.059

The scholars put regulations and measures should be followed when an Authorized mofasir ( the man who can make tafsir ) when he considers an ait of Quran from the modern sciences point of view. Tafsir of Ait 20 of Sourt Al-Ankabut which is mentioned in this thread violates these regulations in two points.
Scholars said that the mofasir should consider a scientific FACT which there is no doubt that it is correct now and it is correct after 1000000 years. And of course evolution is not a FACT and no body can claim it is because it is just a theory and also there are many arguments about it.
Also the scientific tafsir should integrate with traditional and old tafsirs and don't contradict with them. ِall of them (for example Altabri, Ibn kather and tafsir algalalin) said that 'the latter creation' is the resurrection. Also al-sahabi Abdullah Ibn Abbas - رضى الله عنه - said that it is the resurrection.
Abdullah Ibn Abbas - رضى الله عنه - is called by ummah along the ages " the interpreter of Quran, Also the prophet :saw: said about him :" Allahouma teach him al-taaweel" taaweel is tafsir.

I think we don’t know anything at all about how Allah view towards His creations. Because if we had already know it. Then we know already about the detail of destination of creations by Allah (the livelihood in the hereafter). Only a few people who understand about the destination of creations (prophet Muhammad).
And the points of my post that u reply are about muslims should know how Allah made the creations. I didn't mentioned that my post discuss about the detail of evolution process, but how we should accept the evolution. this discussion go back to the my post above (at the page two). I alredy give explaination about this discussion.
This discussion is about Allah ordered us for knowing how he made creations.
Do we know already about how Allah made prophet Adam scientifically?
Darwinism fake is yes. But evolution theory isn’t. I already explain at my above post ( page one or two).
And the resurrection in tafsir ibnu kathir of ayah Al- Ankabut 20 are tell us about the purpose of this ayah. but one ayah in the Al-quran always have at least two meanin. The real meanin (what was really happened) and the purpose for people so that they could take a lesson. For example. the story about prophet Noah. We could take a lesson about obedience and disobedience. And we must know what was really happened at the moment of prophet Noah, so at the moment of prophet Hod and prophet Salih. I could tell you about what was really happened at the moment of prophet Noah, peophet Hod and prophet Salih (detail of the story). And do we know alredy about how Allah made prophet Adam scientifically?
Maybe for the scientific world in the present right now, evolution phenomena still in the theory area, there are many debate and polemic towards this theory among scientists. But in the view of Holy Quran this is just very clear already.