Excellence of Khalid bin Al-Waleed (RA)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:
The Prophet (Sallalahu alayhis Sallam) said: ''Khalid Bin Waleed! On the basis
of your intelligence, understanding and foresight I was very hopeful that one day you would finally accept Islam"

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet had informed the people of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Jafar bin Abi Talib and Abdullah bin Rawaha before the news of their death reached. The Prophet said, "Zaid took the flag (as the commander of the army) and was martyred, then Jafar took it and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took it and was martyred." At that time the Prophet's eyes were shedding tears. He added, "Then the flag was taken by a Sword amongst the Swords of Allah (Khalid bin Al-Waleed) and Allah made them (i.e. the Muslims) victorious." [Bukhari]

Narrated Khalid bin Al-Walid:

"On the day of the Battle of Mu'tah, nine swords were broken in my hand, and nothing was left in my hand except a Yemenite sword of mine." [Bukhari]

Abu Saeed Al-Khudri reported there was some dispute between Khalid bin Al-Waleed and Abdur-Rahman bin Awf (RA) and Khalid (RA) abused him. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (SAWS) said to Khalid (RA): "Do not abuse my Companions, do not abuse my Companions. By Him in Whose Hand is my soul, if one amongst you would have spent as much gold as Uhud, it would not amount to as much as one mudd (handful) of one of them or half of it." [Bukhari, Muslim]

When Khalid Ibn Al-Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) reached Yarmook with his army to fight the Romans, he addressed them saying:
“Oh mujahideen! This is a memorable day. It is the day on which our faith will be tested and tried. Today we should avoid every kind of arrogance, pride and not contend for individual glory or egoistic bragging..

Oh mujahideen of Islam! Fight only to gain the Goodwill of Allah Almighty. In the Muslim army today there are many great generals: each of them is worthy and can be entrusted with the permanent command of this army. Today you have assigned me this honor of commanding the Muslim army. So I hope that for the honor and victory of Islam, today we will enter the battlefield of Jihad as one. Allah will be our Supporter and Defender.”

Then both the armies confronted each other at Yarmook. The Roman general, Mahan, scornful addressed his counterpart, Khalid bin Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) and said:

“It looks as if poverty, nakedness and starvation has compelled you to come here. If you wish I am willing to give each of you ten dinars, expensive clothing and good food. You can take these things and leave. Next year too I can send you these things; you do not have to take the trouble to come here.”

Khalid bin Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him) was enraged on hearing these scornful and arrogant words, and answered:
“Mahan listen to me very carefully! You are mistaken about the reason why we are here. We are people who drink the blood of our opponents.
We have heard that Roman blood is very delicious, and we have come here to enjoy it!”

Khaild Bin Waleed (R.A), The great General of Islam had died at Hamas in the year 21th Hijrah, and was buried there. He had lived an enviable life and went to meet his His Creature very peacefully.