excuse my use of language

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2:

BismiAllah Ar-rahma al-raheem

I just wanted to say Iam sorry for my use of language lately...I was just trying to shorten my posts but I guess it was bad so, I want to say I am sorry & please forgive me for doing that. It is my promise that will InshaAllah stop using slang language (ex. dis, dat, dey etc) in here from now on. I love you all for the sake of Allah and I hope you will forgive me InshaAllah. Jazaka Allah Khairan for reading.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Thank you. We are a public forum. We need to excel. You will be a model for others. Once again, thank you.

Abu Hurairah

Extinct
Assalaamualaikum,

On the topic of language, how does the letter 'y' replace the 'h' when transliterating?
Examples: Insyallaah, Syeikh, Masyallah.

It's ridiculous! Makes no sense at all.

I'm only semi-serious about this:p

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum :D
bro im not sure if ur a university student :) cuz i know im and i use abbrev a lot since we have to write really fast everything that the proff says :) and im pretty sure most ppl here understand the abbrev and if someone didn't :) im pretty sure that brother or sister will ask

ShyHijabi

aslam o alikum :D
bro im not sure if ur a university student :) cuz i know im and i use abbrev a lot since we have to write really fast everything that the proff says :) and im pretty sure most ppl here understand the abbrev and if someone didn't :) im pretty sure that brother or sister will ask

Salaam,

While I understand the need to make shorthand notes while recording a lecture I do not understand the need to use "ur, dis, dat,coz" etc., on this board. Often we are addressing very serious subjects about Islam and we need to remember that non-muslims frequent this board. Muslims were once known as the forerunners in science, language, and mathematics but that has changed over the centuries.

I think we need to remember to try our best to put our best foot forward and at least not purposely mispell and use slang to talk about our perfect religion. I am no grammar queen but simple mistakes are understandable...purposely mispelling to look "cool"....not so much.

Sister Allah's servant has been very gracious and kind in giving us a reminder to maintain adaab and use the education Allah swt has blessed us with.

Wasalaam

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Sisters Mirajmom and ShyHijabi got it right! We should always seek excellence in order to be the best example.

May Allah guide us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam,

While I understand the need to make shorthand notes while recording a lecture I do not understand the need to use "ur, dis, dat,coz" etc., on this board. Often we are addressing very serious subjects about Islam and we need to remember that non-muslims frequent this board. Muslims were once known as the forerunners in science, language, and mathematics but that has changed over the centuries.

I think we need to remember to try our best to put our best foot forward and at least not purposely mispell and use slang to talk about our perfect religion. I am no grammar queen but simple mistakes are understandable...purposely mispelling to look "cool"....not so much.

Sister Allah's servant has been very gracious and kind in giving us a reminder to maintain adaab and use the education Allah swt has blessed us with.

Wasalaam

actually thank you for explaining it well sister I take my statement back i was wrong sister is correct we cant give someone wrong information :$
thank you for letting me know thou

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: sister

First before saying any thing, this shows us a great example which we have to follow in all our affairs. Sister I also believe this is not something to ask forgiveness. However, we got a very important lesson from your post sister. JazakAllah khair.

I am indeed one of those who had been using those short words in all my posts and threads. However, sister mirajmom and some other brothers and sisters have been trying to improve the adaab of the forum by using their kindness and care to those who make this big mistake. I am one of those who got a lesson from their threads and posts about this issue. I made the change without mentioning it out here so that it will keep me in safe side always. Believe me I am ashamed of my very first posts and threads as it was completely against the precious adaab (good manners) of Islam.

I am not trying to say all my posts and threads will be free of mistakes. They may have grammar or spelling mistakes as English is not my mother tongue. However, I can proudly say that you brothers and sisters will not find those "short words" in my posts.:cool:

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
MashaAllah this is the beauty of this forum :)
We get lessons from small things like these.
Thanks for the reminder sisters,a Muslim got to be the best!
I'm grateful to be a member of this forum Alhamdulillah.
:jazaak:
:wasalam: