farewell boots for BUSH...:D

salam alaykum

i actually consider it really brave .....if u havent heard an Iraqi journalist threw his boots at G.W bush at a press conference in iraq.....cant seem to find the story online

palestine

Servant of Allah
wow! lol. i would love to have seen that. mashAllah. i also remember that pakistani graduate who wouldn't shake hands with that women. i was so proud! asalamu alaykum wrwb. lol. :)

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:

Bush makes farewell visit to Iraq
Advertisement

George Bush is received by President Jalal Talabani

US President George Bush is in Iraq on a surprise, farewell visit to the country that has defined his presidency since the invasion in 2003.

Mr Bush met Iraqi leaders to celebrate the new security agreement between the nations and was to thank US troops.

But at a news conference in Baghdad, a man threw his shoes at Mr Bush, calling him "a dog" but missing the president.

Mr Bush was speaking to reporters with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki when the footwear was thrown.

"All I can report is a size 10," Mr Bush said according to the Associated Press (AP) news agency.

The shoe thrower was taken away by security guards and the news conference continued.

Mr Bush's visit comes a day after US Defence Secretary Robert Gates told US troops the Iraq mission was in its "endgame".

'Crippled' reconstruction

Mr Bush's first stop upon arriving in Baghdad was the Iraqi presidential palace in the heavily-fortified Green Zone, where he held talks with President Jalal Talabani.

"The work hasn't been easy but it's been necessary for American security, Iraqi hope and world peace," Mr Bush said during his talks with Mr Talabani.

PREVIOUS BUSH VISITS TO IRAQ
President Bush serves Thanksgiving dinner to US troops in Baghdad - 27/11/2003
Nov 2003: Serves Thanksgiving dinner to troops in Baghdad
June 2006: Meets new Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki
Sept 2007: Visits Anbar province - former stronghold of Saddam Hussein

The Iraqi president called Mr Bush "a great friend for the Iraqi people, who helped us liberate our country".

Mr Bush then met Prime Minister Maliki and signed an agreement governing the future of US forces in Iraq.

The BBC's Humphrey Hawksley, in Baghdad, says the key issue at present is exactly how American troops will withdraw within the next three years and what sort of Iraq they will leave behind.

The US media has just published details of a US government report saying that post invasion reconstruction of Iraq was crippled by bureaucratic turf wars and an ignorance of the basic elements of Iraqi society.

The report is circulating among US officials in draft form, says the New York Times.

It reveals details of a reconstruction effort that cost more than $100bn (£67bn) and only succeeded in restoring what was destroyed in the invasion and the widespread looting that followed it, the newspaper said.

Troop promises

Mr Bush's visit, unannounced in advance and conducted under tight security, follows the approval last month of a security pact between Washington and Baghdad that calls for US troops to be withdrawn from Iraq by the end of 2011.

US troops are first to withdraw from Iraqi cities, including Baghdad, by June next year.

Defence Secretary Gates said on Saturday that "the process of the drawdown" had begun.

US troops near Mosul
The end in sight for US troops in Iraq?

"We are, I believe, in terms of the American commitment, in the endgame here in Iraq," he told US troops at an airbase near Baghdad.

Mr Gates has been picked to stay on as defence secretary by President-elect Barack Obama.

President Bush leaves the White House in less than six weeks. He said in a recent interview with ABC News that the biggest regret of his presidency was the false intelligence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

Finding these was one of the key justifications for the invasion. None were ever found.

Mr Obama has promised to bring home US combat troops from Iraq in a little over a year from when he takes office in January.

More than 4,200 US troops and tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and security personnel have been killed since the invasion in 2003.

There are currently about 149,000 US soldiers in Iraq, down from last year's peak of 170,000 after extra troops were poured in to deal with a worsening security situation.

As Mr Bush arrived in Baghdad, Gen David Petraeus, the head of the US Central Command, which includes Iraq, said attacks in the country had dropped from 180 a day in June 2007 to 10 a day now.

In a sign of modest security gains in Iraq, Mr Bush was welcomed with a formal arrival ceremony - a flourish that was not part of his previous three visits.

He arrived in the country on Air Force One, which landed at Baghdad International Airport in the afternoon, after a secretive Saturday night departure from Washington on an 11-hour flight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm
:wasalam:

Salaam,

Not so fast....Human Rights group are trying to punish G.W. Bush for war crimes he has committed. His farewell won't be that easy inshallah. The atrocity he has brought in the Middle East & to Muslims should not be so easily waved because if he does not go to prison then U.S. policies will continue to allow their presidents to get away from crimes they've committed.

May Allah eschew evil and flower righteousness. Ameen.

AlQurtubi

Banned
yeah and lets see if they are able to punish him.

US barks about democracy but their president if free from any sort of prosecution. WHAT KIND OF DEMOCRACY IS THIS?

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
It was a brave act but it would been better if he got them shoes on the face. But this guy deserves more than a pair of shoes thrown at him for the crimes he commited.

The Iraqi president called Mr Bush "a great friend for the Iraqi people, who helped us liberate our country".

Salaam,

Seems like some Muslims presidents have indulged to the Muslim holocaust caused by the neo-nazi Bush tyranny. Western puppets are content with their own complacency when their own innocent brothers & sisters are dying every day. Money worship is form of shirk too.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salaam,

Not so fast....Human Rights group are trying to punish G.W. Bush for war crimes he has committed. His farewell won't be that easy inshallah. The atrocity he has brought in the Middle East & to Muslims should not be so easily waved because if he does not go to prison then U.S. policies will continue to allow their presidents to get away from crimes they've committed.

May Allah eschew evil and flower righteousness. Ameen.

Oh come now brother! You should know better,

Those with power and authority are above Human Rights abuse and International Law. Plus they created those institutions, you think they will punish themselves in it? You only find leaders from 3rd countries, or former dictators or dictator friends of the west who turned out to be sour tried in the Hague.

It's interesting to note, United States barking about human rights and freedom, and blah blah all the sugar coated terms tends to shy away from embracing International Criminal Court, Geneva Convention, etc etc...

P.S. Oh Man, too bad it wasn't a grenade thrown at his monkey face.
He made a surprise visit, and it's only fair he get's a surprise too. How embarrassing it is, they were showing it on the 10:00 o' clock news with subtitles. It made my day! :SMILY288:

Gotta give it to Bush though, he is pretty good at dodging! Whether it is draft dodging or shoe dodging.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Across Mideast, Arabs hail shoe-hurling journalist
By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA and OMAR SINAN, Associated Press Writers

BAGHDAD – Thousands of Iraqis took to the streets Monday to demand the release of a reporter who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush, as Arabs across many parts of the Middle East hailed the journalist as a hero and praised his insult as a proper send-off to the unpopular U.S. president.

Journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi, who was kidnapped by militants last year, was being held by Iraqi security Monday and interrogated about whether anybody paid him to throw his shoes at Bush during a press conference the previous day in Baghdad, said an Iraqi official.

He was also being tested for alcohol and drugs, and his shoes were being held as evidence, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media.

Newspapers across the Arab world on Monday printed front-page photos of Bush ducking the flying shoes, and satellite TV stations repeatedly aired the incident, which provided fodder for jokes and was hailed by the president's many critics in the region.

"Iraq considers Sunday as the international day for shoes," said a joking text message circulating around the Saudi capital Riyadh.

Palestinian journalists in the West Bank town of Ramallah joked about who would be brave enough to toss their shoes at Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, another U.S. official widely disliked in the region.

Full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081215/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq;_ylt=An9uB5_I8JYmjr*!*!*!ECDwNQLewgF

"the international day of shoes" doesn´t sound bad at all...

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Across Mideast, Arabs hail shoe-hurling journalist

"Iraq considers Sunday as the international day for shoes," said a joking text message circulating around the Saudi capital Riyadh.

"the international day of shoes" doesn´t sound bad at all...

Lol.... Very nice.
thanks

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
yes,
we are here in Iraq are celebrating the day, my God, this is so so making my day,
Muntadour al Zaidi, is the name of the journalist he is 28 years old
The number one joke spread all over Baghdad today is that Chinese are celebrating today, coz those shoes where made in China.

Samandar

yes,

The number one joke spread all over Baghdad today is that Chinese are celebrating today, coz those shoes where made in China.

:salam2:

i saw on the news yesterday.. and loooooooooooooooooooool its just funny.. and his face was red with embaresment..ya must've been really emberrasing. and looked like he was afraid of the shoe hitting him but what about the people he had thrown bombs at? he is a coward. what the journalist did is what millions wish they could do.lol..good way to end the year!!

Oh come now brother! You should know better,

Those with power and authority are above Human Rights abuse and International Law. Plus they created those institutions, you think they will punish themselves in it? You only find leaders from 3rd countries, or former dictators or dictator friends of the west who turned out to be sour tried in the Hague.

It's interesting to note, United States barking about human rights and freedom, and blah blah all the sugar coated terms tends to shy away from embracing International Criminal Court, Geneva Convention, etc etc...

P.S. Oh Man, too bad it wasn't a grenade thrown at his monkey face.
He made a surprise visit, and it's only fair he get's a surprise too. How embarrassing it is, they were showing it on the 10:00 o' clock news with subtitles. It made my day! :SMILY288:

Gotta give it to Bush though, he is pretty good at dodging! Whether it is draft dodging or shoe dodging.

Asalaam'alikum brother xSharingan01x,

You are right to some respect -key word I stated was inshallah (God willing), Bush will be indicted for his war crimes. I believe when the masses stand together against Bush then the verdict will be on the side of Righteous inshallah.

Truth is a weapon on the side of humanity. If truth is known, tyranny and injustice will be defeated.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

Related link:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10554

wantobeMumin

Every one seems to be enjoying this story. But I am still pondering if it was too much of a disrespect for a ruler of a country? regardless of all the horrendous things Bush has managed to do with muslim countries, are we to become like that? have no respect for a ruler?

Salahu din ayubi was fighting against invading crusaders when he saw their prince got wounded and fell down. He ordered to cease fight becasue His adversary fell down. he had him treated for the wounds in his own tent. What do we make out of this?