Fasting without Prayer?

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

Yes I know Salam Again.

Its true that if you do not pray you're fasting will not be admitted. Since Prayer is the most important thing. Or am I wrong?

Salem9022

The 5 Daily Salah is the Most Important thing After the Shahadah. Once You become a Muslim the 5 Daily Salah becomes Obligatory on You. Shiekh Al-Albani had the Opinion that if a Muslim even Misses One Salah he/she becomes a Kaffir. This is how serious the 5 daily Salah is. As for if Fasting won't be accepted I don;t know. But why would a Person Fast when they don't even do the Salah? The Salah comes before the Fasting.

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
Yes, the fasting will not be accepted, nor will any other deed of theirs.

HOWEVER - If you know somebody who fasts and does not pray DO NOT tell them their fasting is not accepted.
Fasting reminds us of Allaah, and it is a door to further worship. Remind them rather that now al-Hamdulillaah they are fulfilling 1 pillar of Islam (fasting) so they should also strive to fulfill the greatest of pillars which is prayer.

As our shaykhs always advise us - If somebody has left prayer, do not rush to call them Kaafir as if that's what we want of them, rather rush to call them back to Imaan, back to prayer.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Yes, the fasting will not be accepted, nor will any other deed of theirs.

HOWEVER - If you know somebody who fasts and does not pray DO NOT tell them their fasting is not accepted.
Fasting reminds us of Allaah, and it is a door to further worship. Remind them rather that now al-Hamdulillaah they are fulfilling 1 pillar of Islam (fasting) so they should also strive to fulfill the greatest of pillars which is prayer.

As our shaykhs always advise us - If somebody has left prayer, do not rush to call them Kaafir as if that's what we want of them, rather rush to call them back to Imaan, back to prayer.

Assalamualaikum,

MashaAllah Brother! What a postive way to deal with the issue.

Most of us would have addressed it as "Why bother fasting, when you are not fulfilling one of the most important pillars of Islam (prayer)?"

But MashaAllah this is a really good way to deal with it. Because everything happens step-by-step. We can't climb a ladder in one jump, we got to go up it in steps. And encouragement is such a good value to possess as humans and especially as Muslims to bring the light back into our lives.

Jazaka Allah Khair for your 'encouraging' opinion.

Wasalaam :)

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

OmG! I just realised that Brother Musa Abu Aisha is an Australian!!! I am in Australia too but I don't know many Muslims there.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Australia are you?

Sorry for making this thread off topic, but I couldn't be bothered PMing.

Wasalaam :)

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum

I think the video below says it all. May Allah (swt) help us all to guard our prayers, Ameen.

[yt]goXV_zPo9ao[/yt]