Feeling guilty for being sick

Sheba_770

:salam2:

I been out of hospital in June and i am still weak and taking medication....however that did not stop me from fasting first 2 days.....i can no longer do it and was told i don't have considering my chronic illness. My problem is i feel guilty.

mhamzah

:salam2: sister,

(Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew. (2:184)

Guilty of what? Good health and sickness comes from Allah (swt) alone. In addition you can make up for the missed fasts later.

:wasalam:

Ebn-El-Islam

No you can re-make it next year inchallah. and you did your best (there are many muslims who are ok and don't fast).

Your health comes first :) May Allah Be with you

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
guilty?? but why?

its not a sin to fall ill, so why u feel regret.

fasting is for Allah's pleasure and bearing sickness with patience too is for Allah's pleasure.

inshallah, it'll make ur sins wash away.

and may Allah restore ur health soon.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
guilty? but why sister????..
oh! come one sister.. allah is with you..do not feel guilty, as when a person is ill , allah forgives his minor sins..
so be happy..do not feel guilty..inshallah! when you become alright , then continue your fast...

I understand!!

Salaam Sister,

I totally understand, wallah. I became ill the night before Ramadan started and ended up having emergency surgery and had my appendix removed alhamdulilah. I am healing but haven't been able to fast and it is depressing me. I am going to try and fast today insha'Allah but not sure how long I will last....

The important thing for us is that we have the strong desire to be fasting, and Allah's wisdom goes beyond our's....He knows what is best for us. All we can do is still perform acts of worship, still give in charity, still pray and attend Taraweeh and do our best....at the end of the day, if we did our absolute best, then that is what matters.

Feed a homeless person, start a coat drive for the needy, organize an iftar for fasting people....do something that will make you feel good too.

Wishing you a fast road to recovery insha'Allah.

May Allah (SWT) make this a blessed month for all muslims, ameen.

Wasalaam,
J

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom

Brother and sisters, dont forget that Allah test people based on the level of their Iman with sickness, with problems to purify them and bring them closer
you can be patient and get reward or give up and be sad and you will still face what Allah have decided for you and wont get reward for it.

Remember Allah do things for a reason we dont know he purify us with problems and sickens, imagen your sins been elminated while dont even have to fast.

refer to these verses and Ahadeeth

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying “We believe” and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false. (29:2-3)
Each believer, therefore, must expect to be tested. The stronger his faith, the harder will be the test, and the greater his reward will be if he remains patient having unshakable faith and trust in Allah (swt).

The Prophet :saw: said:
The magnitude of the reward goes along with the magnitude of the affliction. (Tirmidhi)

And the believers will continue to go through trials and tribulations in their life until their sins are wiped and they die and meet Allah (swt) free from all sins:

The believing man or woman continues to have affliction in person, property and children so that they may finally meet Allah, free from sin. (Tirmidhi)

That is so because Allah (swt), in His Mercy and Generosity, not only rewards one when he is patient through his trials, but also sheds his sins for the pains and sufferings that he or she goes through. No matter how small the trial or how insignificant the discomfort, Allah (swt) will reward him for that and eliminate some sins. Said the Prophet :saw:

No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn. (Bukhari)

Allah knows your intention and inshAllay you will get rewards for it.

Wa salaam alikom

Sheba_770

:salam2:

Thanks to all you brothers and sisters for insightful replys. I feel better in spirit .Hopefully soon... insha'Allah better in health also.