filipina muslim revert in a non muslim community

aaminah

Assalammualaykum! I'v registered here @ TTI just few days ago. I believe I was led here to find answer to my many questions about Islam, Alhamdulillah!

I used to believe that there is no such thing as perfect religion. I studied in a Catholic school from grade school to high school and was brought up by Christian relatives, I doubted their teachings because of many contradictions. Before Islam, I go to church but don't do sign of the cross.. i joined youth religious org before to be closer to God but it seems that He is so distant.. at times I feel empty without understanding why.. i'm an only child and didn't grew up with real parents, ive been through a lot and I turn to God when in trouble, I knew all along that God is my only Saviour, the only One who would never leave me but inspite of, I'm guilty most of the time for not remembering Him every minute, every day.

Just last year, an exofficemate asked me, what if you find out and proven that there is another prophet/messenger of God after P.Jesus(pbuh)? (I have no knowledge about the belief and teachings of Islam before and i didn't know then that he is a muslim.) I got curious then started asking questions and I'm always satisfied with his answers... I studied Islam, read a lot of books, search the net... Alhamdulillah, I embraced Islam July 17,2006. :
Since then, I pray(salah) 5x a day, experienced fasting(rahmadan), zakat..
Now I remember Allah subhana wa taala when I wake up.. before and after eating.. crossing the streets.. juma'a.. good/hard times.. and I've change my outlook in life... I try hard to memorize as many arabic prayers/supplications as I can.. I'm happy doing things for Allah and the reward is always more than what I expect, Alhamdulillah. When I'm wrong, Allah shows me signs to correct my mistakes. Even if I don't hear Adhan in my place and sometimes even if I don't look at the clock, I can feel Allah calling me to pray. My life now is more meaningful, I continue praying that Allah will also enlighten the people around me esp my family.
I find TTI very helpful since i seldom encounter muslim brothers/sisters and when I go to mosque, most of them talks in different dialect that I don't understand. I'm a muslim revert in a non-muslim community. I'm the only muslim in the company I work with.. I started wearing hijab February this year, it was hard at first because of different reactions I got from people(even close friends) around me but I take it as a test from Allah to prove how strong my faith is. At first, I got hurt, I cried, delayed my prayer Astaghfirullah but because Allah is good, He guide me not to give up. Now, people are used to seeing me with hijab already and started asking me many questions about Islam and I'm glad Allah guides me in clearing out their misconceptions and share to them how good the teachings of Islam is. Sad to say though that most of them, even if you've convinced them, they still would not accept the religion because they are too blinded with material things, they don't want changes, etc. InshaAllah, they will be enlightened, I try hard to follow the behavior and character of muslims so that they see how good Islam is based on what I read and my observations on muslims I meet in seminars and mosque. Some of my friends admitted that they changed their impressions on muslims because of me, thanks to Allah.
May Almighty Allah continue to guide all of us to the right path.

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum sister
MashaAllah it is very very good to hear about your Imaan being so strong and we pray that may Allah guide us and help us to be better muslims each day, AAMEEN.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum

MashAllah sister, jazakAllah khair for sharing your story

Welcome to TTI.
Hope you enjoy your stay here

Your brother in islam

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK sister, felt really good and it inspired me after i read your story. Mashallah sister keep up the good work that you are doing and remmeber the whole ummah in oyur prayers. May ALLAHSWT reward you for your eforts. Ameen.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

aaminah

Salam to everyone. i just found out that it is haram to send PM to opposite gender, i apologize, i only want to say how i appreciate the replies. pls don't take it against me, now i know it is not allowed. Allah bless all of us.

Amirah84

:salam2: my dear sister,

MashaAllah your journey is very inspiring and fills the heart with warmth and love for you as our sister in Islam. May Allah always guide you and fill your heart with love for Him and the joy of being a muslimah, ameen.

Your sister
Amirah

:wasalam: