first ramadan

somewhatinspired

this is my first Ramadan as a new Muslim.

im not really worried about the fasting as it is something i will just have to accept.

i am just totally confused about some of the basics.

i am moving to a new city 2 days after Ramadan starts and i do not know anyone there.

i will be honest i have been really bad lately working really hard and i have not been attending jummah for a few weeks. or praying as much as i should be.

so to be honest, i am totally clueless right now.

and of course you all know me i am probably totally over thinking everything.

but i am nervous because i am positive the mosques will be totally crowded(which is absolutely wonderful) but i don't know exactly what i should be doing. as far as when i should attend certain prayers at the mosque etc.

as far as Ramadan goes.

i also don't want to rely on advice from people who only attend prayers and practice their faith during Ramadan.

i haven't had much time to do much of anything, including research such things.

i would really appreciate it if some one could send me to a good site that details some of the basic things that go on in a Muslim community during Ramadan.

and tips or experience that you guys could share would be appreciated.

maisha_d

:salam2:

i attached a ramadhan ..prep pack its really nice alhamdulillah its small but packed with info..

:wasalam:

Attachments

• RamadhaanPrepartion.pdf
    463.8 KB · Views: 34

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Your nick doesn't seem to match you, atleast for this post :D Anyway, glad to hear that you have reverted to Islam Masha Allaah. Here's a website that I would recommend. It's IslamQA.com's Ramadhaan website. All you need to know about Ramadhaan is there Alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah swt bless and forgive us all in the month of Ramadhaan AMEEN.

:salam2: Find a masjid which will be close to the new place you are moving to. And don't worry by the end of ramadan you will get to know people in that masjid.before the imam starts taraweeh ask him questions. i am sure he will be more then happy to answer.

milbes12345

do not worry

ease your mind and allah will lead you as a new muslims and try to let people you know help you by calling you when it is time to pray and never neglect pray no matter how busy you are

i can guarantee you that if you pray 5 times a day, make dua, and in general be a good muslim than allah will guide if you have the right intention

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

May Allah guide us.

Do ye think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Greek_Rose_2005

im not really worried about the fasting as it is something i will just have to accept.

i am moving to a new city 2 days after Ramadan starts and i do not know anyone there.

i will be honest i have been really bad lately working really hard and i have not been attending jummah for a few weeks. or praying as much as i should be.

but i am nervous because i am positive the mosques will be totally crowded(which is absolutely wonderful) but i don't know exactly what i should be doing. as far as when i should attend certain prayers at the mosque etc.

as far as Ramadan goes.

i also don't want to rely on advice from people who only attend prayers and practice their faith during Ramadan.

i would really appreciate it if some one could send me to a good site that details some of the basic things that go on in a Muslim community during Ramadan.

Where will you be moving too? Do you know if there are mosques where you are moving too? I am in process of converting too, Im sure our more brothers and sisters may agree esp if there is a Masjid where you moving too that will be best place right now as you will get to be around brothers and sisters ( sorry im not sure if you are a sister or a brother ) and this will also help to encourage you to keep following Allah, not to mention inshallah meeting new friends in your new location.

I did recently find a website and it lists masjids and islamic centers yo can search via city and state

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

hope this helps

duahallah

who are you tellin im a convert of 2 years and this will be the year i abstain from my worldly desires and focus on becoming closer to god. im confused as well because i have never been to a mosque before inshaallah i will attend during ramadan and there after. i need a big sister to show me the ropes and help me along me way in my personal jihad of bearing my faith in a community of urban ignorance. :shymuslima1:

I really want to make some strong ties here because i have no true examples to show me whats whats. my prayers be with you wa alaykum salam sadeeki

:mashallah: :hearts:

NewbieToIslam

Do not be nervous at this time

Firstly, MashaAllah for embracing Islam....that is truely such a big step. I am a new muslim too alhadulillah and I know how hard it is, esp. at this time, and in a new place, to feel confident in our deen and performing our duties.

Since I reverted I realised just how blessed we are to have understood and embraced the Truth, to put aside all doubts and follow our hearts and minds and that is the biggest step of all. But brother (I assume you are a brother because of your concerns about getting to a moque to pray) we must not let our sins make us shy of going to the community or performing your duties because Allah knows all of what you will do - he knows the wrongs and the rights that you will do and STILL chose to bless you, and me, and all the Muslims out, there with this religion. If you are a sister - Allah has given us the choice to pray at home, so do not worry yourself and I have heard that Allah loves those who take up the choices He gives them.

A good friend of mine reminded me that as new muslims Allah wiped out all of our sins and replaced them with good deeds when we embraced Islam. Thus, we may actually have more good deeds than lots of other muslims. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you are quite old that's a whole lot of good deeds you have on your record alhamdulillah Allah is the Greatest. So let that cheer your heart brother or sister (and others) in this time.
Salaam from a Newbie :)

as far as Ramadan goes.

ledanielson

Assalamu alaikum,

Here's a website that I would recommend. It's IslamQA.com's Ramadhaan website. All you need to know about Ramadhaan is there Alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah swt bless and forgive us all in the month of Ramadhaan AMEEN.

Very good website, thanks! I'm in the same situation - brand new city, new Muslim, first Ramadan - and I'm nervous too about going to mosque for the first time not knowing anyone. I think we do tend to overthink things and worry about unfamiliar situations, but I think it's important for us, especially as new Muslims who need help, to get involved with a community. I am sure that this will be a wonderful Ramadan for you, inshallah!

Umaima

masha,allah that you became muslim, you know not evreybody come muslim only the poeple allah love them so my allah bless you and don,t worry about ramadan and new city allaah will help you this is first ramadan for you, end of ramadan u will be have new experience, i hope you enjoy the fasthing
aslamu alleikum warahmatulahu wabarkatahu

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Salaams,

its also my first ramadan.

I am a sister so masjid is not as imperative for me. Having said that I think you will be welcomed in any masjid you enter.....there is no place like it!

Thank you to the sister that attached the Ramadan pack thats helped me loads!

Good luck to my fellow reverts on their first Ramadan, may Allah give us all strength to complete Ramadan successfully!