following Hadith question

Metalman

Hello this looks like an old discussion, but this topic was a big one for me when i was a muslim.
I was engaged to a sister who followed hadith. I was a new muslim and was still reading the Quran.
Near the end of the quran i realized that some of what i was being told to do wasn't anywhere in the Quran. That infact it came from another source other than Allah. But it is written in the Quran that Allah provided us with everything we needed to know, that the Quran was perfectand complete.

6:114 Am I, then, to look unto anyone but God for judgment as to what is right and wrong, when it is He who has bestowed upon you from on high this divine writ, clearly spelling out the truth?" And those unto whom We have vouchsafed revelation aforetime know that this one, too, has been bestowed from on high, step by step, by thy Sustainer. Be not, then, among the doubters

16:89 for one Day We shall raise up within every community a witness against them from among themselves. And thee [too, O Prophet,] have We brought forth to bear witness regarding those [whom thy message may have reached], inasmuch as We have bestowed from on high upon thee, step by step, this divine writ, to make everything clear, and to provide guidance and grace and a glad tiding unto all who have surrendered themselves to God.

So are hadith followers among the doubters? for they think they need to look outside the Quran for guidance? When infact you don't NEED to at all. You may choose to pray the way it says in hadiths, but need? Allah was perfectly clear on what we need.
obey the Prophit in as far as the Quran as revealed to him, anything else is personal choice. some may seek a way of praying that comes from the heart.
I personally found i was paying more attention to doing the movements right and pronouncing the arabic right than i was thinking about Allah which was the whole point anyway.
so i was told i am not a muslim by numerous other muslims. my engagemnet was broken off, and here i am.

Peace

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi,

Its simple,

Muslims follow both the Quran and the sunnah. If you truly believe and Love Allah, you will also love the Prophet and accept both the Quran and the Sunnah.

THere is no reason to deny the Sunnah, i.e. the hadith. We Are not Doubters of the Quran, that is such a ludicrous accusation. The Only person doubting the Quran is the person who rejects the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. One who rejects hadith humiliates himself by rejecting Allah's commands.

HOW DO YOU LOVE ALLÂH AND HIS MESSENGER?

Answer: You Love them by following them and obeying their commands. The Almighty says:

“Say: if you do love Allâh , follow me: Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.” (Qur’ân 3:31)
Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “None of you (truly) believes until I become dearer to him than his son, father and all people.” (Agreed Upon)

Allah has ordered us to follow him and his messengers:

Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad saaws) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)."
(Quran: An-Nûr 24:54)

This is clear evidence, from the Quran that we are to follow the Prophet Muhammad :saw:

So do you love Allah and his Messenger? If so, follow Allah's commands and accept the sayings of his messenger.

We use the hadith to learn how to do wudhu, the rules to do with how to pray, how we give zakat, how you go to the toilet, what nullifies your wudhu etc.

Acting in accordance with a sound Hadith is obligatory as Allah the Almighty most Magestic says:

“So take what the Messenger assigns to you and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.” (Qur’ân 59:7)

This is done by following the Sunnah of the Prophet:saw: and by Obeying him!!!

As Allahs Messenger :saw: said:

“Hold fast to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs. Stick to them.” (Sound Hadith, Ahmad)
We should hold on to the Qur’an and should not dispense with the Hadith. Allah the Almighty says: “And we have sent down unto you (also) the Message: that you may explain clearly to men what is sent for them.” (Qur’ân 16:44) Allâh ’s Messenger :saw: said: “Verily, I have been given the Qur’ân and a likeness of it with it (i.e. the Sunnah).” (Sound Hâdîth, Abu Dawud and others)

The Hadith form an explanation of the Quran, they also help increase our knowledge and understanding of Islam.

Allah The Almighty says: “If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allâh and His Messenger if you do believe in Allâh and the Last Day: that is best and most suitable far final determination.” (Qur’ân 4:59)

So, Do you believe in Allah and the Last Day?? Therefore Refer to Allah and his messenger!! for this is what Allah commanded us!

What Are the Quran And Sunnah? Why Do Muslims Have To Follow This?

Important: The Science of Hadith, What Are Hadith?

"Hadith Followers" as you put it, are the True Muslims. We follow both the noble Quran and the hadith.

Those who do not believe in Hadith are foolish, they have little knowledge about the science of hadith and are relying on their false ideas.

And YES, those who reject hadith are Disbelievers, A person has to believe in both the Quran and the Sunnah, by rejecting the Sunnah you reject the above verses of the Quran and you go against what God has ordered to mankind. Following the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and his sayings is obligatory.

Metalman

i guess i am asking why I am considered not a muslim if i only follow the teachings of the Quran in there perfect detailed and completeform?

It doesn't show a lack of love for Allah or the Prophit(pbuh). just because i don't feel i need that extra guidance provided by hadith.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Know that Islam is the Sunnah, and the Sunnah is Islaam [1] and one of them
cannot be established without the other.

1. The Prophet said, "He who turns away from my Sunnah is not from me."
Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 7/1-2/no.l), Muslim (Eng. Trans.
2/703/n0.3236) and an-Nasaa'ee.

Abu Hurairah said that Allaah's Messenger said, "All of my Ummah will enter
Paradise except those who refuse." It was said, "Who will refuse?" He
replied. "Whoever obeys me enters Paradise and whoever disobeys me has
refused." Reported by al-Bukhaaree (Eng. trans. 9/284/n0.384).

Imaam az-Zuhree (the famous taabi'ee, d.124H) said,"The people of knowledge
who came before us used to say,'Salvation lies in clinging to the Sunnah.'"
Reported by ad-Daarimee in his Sunan (no.96).

Imaam Maalik said,"The Sunnah is like the Ark of Noah. Whoever embarks upon
it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned." Quoted by Shaikh
ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah in Majmoo' ul-fataawaa (4/57).

Metalman

ok Thanks for your replies,
so i can't reach salvation by following the Quran the word of Allah alone? Even though Allah says that all i need is in the Quran.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Yes, everything we need is in the Qur'an but Allah swt made Nabi Muhammad :saw2: our last prophet for us to follow and that alone is reason enough for us to make the Sunnah a part of our everyday lives.

samiha

---------
Staff member
i guess i am asking why I am considered not a muslim if i only follow the teachings of the Quran in there perfect detailed and completeform?

It doesn't show a lack of love for Allah or the Prophit(pbuh). just because i don't feel i need that extra guidance provided by hadith.

The Quran in it's perfect form tells us to follow the Messenger of Allah (saws) so therefore, a Muslim HAS to follow the hadith or they wouldn't really be fulfilling the following of the Quran.

Metalman

Quote:
The Quran in it's perfect form tells us to follow the Messenger of Allah (saws).

but only while he was being the messenger of Allah to deliver the Quran. after the Quran was completed in it's perfect form. he is no longer actually acting as the messenger of Allah.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
What is your proof for this? Muhammad S.A.W. did his role as the messenger until his last breath. Even though now he's gone, his message continues to spread Allhamdulillaah!

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Hello,MetalMan...wellcome here..

It was reported in al-Saheehayn from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you not trust me, when I am the trustee of the One Who is in the heaven?”

if someone went against the Trustworthy Messenger, and followed a way other than that of the believers.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell — what an evil destination!” [al-Nisaa’ 4:115]

Aslo,It was reported in al-Saheehayn from the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The best of people are my generation, then the generation that follows them, then the generation that follows them.” And there are other versions of this hadeeth. And the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I advise you to fear Allaah and to listen and obey, even if a slave is appointed as your leader. Whoever among you lives after I die will see differences arise. I urge you to adhere to my Sunnah and the way of my rightly-guided successors (al-khulafaa’ al-raashidoon); clench your teeth on it (i.e., hold fast to it). Beware of newly invented things, for every innovation (bid’ah) is a going astray.” (Narrated by Ahmad, and Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi, who said, it is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

One of the most important characteristics by which those first generations were distinguished and by which the achieved a higher level of righteousness than all other people, was the fact that they referred all their affairs to the Qur’aan and Sunnah; the Qur’aan and Sunnah were given precedence over all individual opinions, no matter whose opinion it was; they understood the texts of the two noble Revelations (i.e., the Qur’aan and Sunnah) in accordance with the principles of sharee’ah and the Arabic language; the sharee’ah was adopted in its entirety, and with regard to every single detail; ambiguous texts were referred to clear texts. Hence they upheld the sharee’ah and adhered to it, and they held fast to it. They did not add anything to it or take anything away from it. How could they add anything to it or take anything away from it when they were adhering to the divine texts which free from mistakes and errors?

======================
Alhamdulillah 4 blessing of islam..the fulfilment of Allaah to protect His religion and sharee’ah, as He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)” [al-Hijr 15:9]

And according to the hadeeth narrated in the books of Saheeh, the Sunans, the Musnads and others, the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“A group of my ummah will continue to adhere to the commands of Allaah, and they will not be harmed by those who let them down or oppose them, until the Command of Allaah comes to pass, and they will be prevailing over the people.” And there are other versions of this report

=====================================

finally, 4 u if u wanna learn about islam,.. see this Article why islam ?

=========================

Allah saied:

[7] Who doth greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not those who do wrong.

[8] Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

[9] It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

[As saff 61:7-9]
=========================

“And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice” [al-An’aam 6:115]

“a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allaah [the Tauraat (Torah)], then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it?”
[al-Baqarah 2:75]

“They want to change Allaah’s Words. Say: ‘You shall not follow us; thus Allaah has said beforehand.’” [al-Fath 48:15]

peace,

islamicfajr

Metalman

My proof is in the Quran. I know i have only read it 1.75 times but it seems clear to me, when Allah says
35:43 their arro*gant behaviour on earth, and their devising of evil [arguments against God’s messages]. Yet [in the end,] such evil scheming will engulf none but its authors: and can they expect anything but [to be made to go] the way of those [sinners] of olden times? Thus [it is]: no change wilt thou ever find in God’s way; yea, no deviation wilt thou ever find in God’s way!

really think about that one.

5:99 No more is the Apostle bound to do than deliver the message [entrusted to him]: and God knows all that you do openly, and all that you would conceal.
it doesn't say anywhere in the Quran words like "Obey Allah and obey Muhammad". the word messenger is always used.

you will find that the Sunna of Allah is the only Sunna
no where in the Quran is there any mention of Sunna Muhammad.

maybe i am interpreting it wrong but i don't see how. i believe Allah did make the Quran perfect and complete. the words sing in my head and are more clear than anything i have ever read.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
i think u talk half the Truth..

check it out also Tafsir Ibn Kathir > Fatir

Allah saied:

On account of their arrogance in the land and their plotting of Evil. But the plotting of Evil will hem in only the authors thereof. Now are they but looking for the way the ancients were dealt with? But no change wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing): no turning off wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing). (35:43)

وَأَقْسَمُواْ بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَـنِهِمْ لَئِن جَآءَهُمْ نَذِيرٌ لَّيَكُونُنَّ أَهْدَى مِنْ إِحْدَى الاٍّمَمِ فَلَمَّا جَآءَهُمْ نَذِيرٌ مَّا زَادَهُمْ إِلاَّ نُفُوراً - اسْتِكْبَاراً فِى الاٌّرْضِ وَمَكْرَ السَّيِّىءِ وَلاَ يَحِيقُ الْمَكْرُ السَّيِّىءُ إِلاَّ بِأَهْلِهِ فَهَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلاَّ سُنَّةَ آلاٌّوَّلِينَ فَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللَّهِ تَبْدِيلاً وَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللَّهِ تَحْوِيلاً

http://www.theholybook.org/en/c.5039.html

(42. And they swore by Allah their most binding oath that if a warner came to them, they would be more guided than any of the nations; yet when a warner came to them, it increased in them nothing but flight (from the truth).) (43. (They took to flight because of their) arrogance in the land and their plotting of evil. But the evil plot encompasses only him who makes it. Then, can they expect anything (else) but the Sunnah (way of dealing) of the peoples of old So, no change will you find in Allah's Sunnah, and no turning off will you find in Allah's Sunnah.)

They longed for a Warner to come, but when He came, They disbelieved in Him
Allah tells us how Quraysh and the Arabs swore by Allah their most binding oath before the Messenger came to them,

[لَئِن جَآءَهُمْ نَذِيرٌ لَّيَكُونُنَّ أَهْدَى مِنْ إِحْدَى الاٍّمَمِ]
(that if a warner came to them, they would be more guided than any of the nations;) i.e., than any of the nations to whom Messengers had been sent. This was the view of Ad-Dahhak and others. This is like the Ayat:

[أَن تَقُولُواْ إِنَّمَآ أُنزِلَ الْكِتَـبُ عَلَى طَآئِفَتَيْنِ مِن قَبْلِنَا وَإِن كُنَّا عَن دِرَاسَتِهِمْ لَغَـفِلِينَ أَوْ تَقُولُواْ لَوْ أَنَّآ أُنزِلَ عَلَيْنَا الْكِتَـبُ لَكُنَّآ أَهْدَى مِنْهُمْ فَقَدْ جَآءَكُمْ بَيِّنَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ فَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن كَذَّبَ بِآيَـتِ اللَّهِ وَصَدَفَ عَنْهَا]
(Lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: "The Book was sent down only to two sects before us, and for our part, we were in fact unaware of what they studied.'' Or lest you should say: "If only the Book had been sent down to us, we would surely have been better guided than they.'' So, now has come unto you a clear proof from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy. Who then does more wrong than one who rejects the Ayat of Allah and turns away therefrom) (6:156-157)

[وَإِن كَانُواْ لَيَقُولُونَ - لَوْ أَنَّ عِندَنَا ذِكْراً مِّنَ الاٌّوَّلِينَ ]
[لَكُنَّا عِبَادَ اللَّهِ الْمُخْلَصِينَ - فَكَفَرُواْ بِهِ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ ]
(And indeed they (Arab pagans) used to say: "If we had a reminder as had the men of old, We would have indeed been the chosen servants of Allah!'' But they disbelieve therein, so they will come to know!) (37:167-170) Allah says:

[فَلَمَّا جَآءَهُمْ نَذِيرٌ]
(yet when a warner came to them,) -- meaning, Muhammad with the Book revealed to him, i.e., the Clear Qur'an,

[مَّا زَادَهُمْ إِلاَّ نُفُوراً]
(it increased in them nothing but flight (from the truth).) means, they only increased in their disbelief. Then Allah explains this further:

[اسْتِكْبَاراً فِى الاٌّرْضِ]
((They took to flight because of their) arrogance in the land) means, they were too arrogant to follow the signs of Allah.

[وَمَكْرَ السَّيِّىءِ]
(and their plotting of evil.) means, they plotted to prevent people from following the path of Allah.

[وَلاَ يَحِيقُ الْمَكْرُ السَّيِّىءُ إِلاَّ بِأَهْلِهِ]
(But the evil plot encompasses only him who makes it.) means, the evil consequences of that will come back upon them and not on others.

[فَهَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلاَّ سُنَّةَ آلاٌّوَّلِينَ]
(Then, can they expect anything (else) but the Sunnah (way of dealing) of the peoples of old) meaning, the punishment of Allah for disbelieving in His Messengers and going against His command.

[وَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللَّهِ تَبْدِيلاً]
(and no turning off will you find in Allah's Sunnah.) means, it does not change or alter, and this is what happens to every disbeliever.

[وَلَن تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللَّهِ تَحْوِيلاً]
(and no turning off will you find in Allah's Sunnah.) means,

[وَإِذَآ أَرَادَ اللَّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوءًا فَلاَ مَرَدَّ لَهُ]
(But when Allah wills a people's punishment, there can be no turning back of it) (13:11). This means, no one can remove that from them or ward it off from them. And Allah knows best.

peace,

islamicfajr

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Allaah warns against rejecting the word of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning): “… And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment (i.e., his Sunnah) (among the sects) beware, lest some fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Noor 24:63]

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
complete the surah verses..
============================
[99] The Messenger's duty is but to proclaim (the Message). But Allah knoweth all that ye reveal and ye conceal.

[100] Say: "Not equal are things that are bad and things that are good, even though the abundance of the bad may dazzle thee; so fear Allah, O ye that understand; that (so) ye may prosper."

[101] O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur-an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

[101] O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur-an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

[102] Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.

[103] It was not Allah who instituted (superstitions like those of) a slit-ear she-camel, or a she-camel let loose for free pasture, or idol sacrifices for twin births in animals, or stallion camels freed from work; it is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah; but most of them lack wisdom.

[104] When it is said to them: "Come to what Allah hath revealed; come to the Messenger": they say: "Enough for us are the ways we found our fathers following." What! even though their fathers were void of knowledge and guidance?

[105] O ye who believe! guard your own souls: if ye follow (right) guidance, no hurt can come to you from those who stray. The goal of you all is to Allah: it is He that will show you the truth of all that ye do.

(ِAl-Mai`da 5:99-105)

Metalman

Thanks for your replies. i am still new, been studying 3 years now, but it's hard. i will keep reading. i lost so much because of this difficulty i am having.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Every Muslim has to believe in all the ahaadeeth of the Messenger :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – if they are saheeh – and not reject any of them, because his ahaadeeth and his Sunnah are revelation (wahy) from Allaah. Whoever rejects the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has rejected revelation from Allaah.

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).
Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.
Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
It is only a Revelation revealed.
He has been taught (this Qur’aan) by one mighty in power [Jibreel (Gabriel)].
One free from any defect in body and mind then he (Jibreel — Gabriel in his real shape as created by Allaah) rose and became stable”
[al-Najm 53:1-6]

Allaah has commanded the people to obey His Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He has enjoined this in many verses of the Qur’aan, of which we will quote some. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allaah and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:32]

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”
[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”
[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

“And perform As‑Salaah (Iqaamat‑as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) that you may receive mercy (from Allaah)”
[al-Noor 24:56]

And there are many similar verses.

The one who rejects the Sunnah is a kaafir and an apostate.
Al-Suyooti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his essay Miftaah al-Jannah fi Ihtijaaj bi’l-Sunnah:

Note that whoever denies that the hadeeth of the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), whether it describes his words or deeds, so long as it meets the conditions outlined by the scholars, may be quoted as evidence, is a kaafir and has gone beyond the pale of Islam; he will be gathered with the Jews and the Christians or whomever Allaah wills among the kaafir sects [i.e., on the Day of Resurrection].
Those who want to restrict themselves to the Qur’aan only are called al-Qur’aaniyyoon. This view of theirs is an old view which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against in more than one hadeeth, as we shall see below. Among the soundest evidence that this view is false is the fact that those who say this do not really follow what they say.

How do these people pray? How many times do they pray each day and night? What are the conditions and details of zakaah? What is the nisaab (threshold of wealth) for paying zakaah? What is the amount that must be paid? How do they do Hajj and ‘Umrah? How many times do they circumambulate the Ka’bah? How many times do they go back and forth between al-Safa and al-Marwah?

There are many other issues the details of which are not narrated in the Qur’aan, rather they are mentioned in the Qur’aan in general terms, and the Messenger:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained them in detail in his Sunnah.

Would these people refrain from acting upon these rulings because they are not narrated in the Qur’aan?
If their answer is yes, then they have passed judgement against themselves that they are kaafirs, because they have denied a basic principle of Islam that no Muslim has any excuse for not knowing and on which there is unanimous consensus among the Muslims.

If they reply that they do not refrain from following these rulings, then they have demonstrated that their view is false.
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said – after quoting the verses that enjoin following the Messenger:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) –
These texts enjoin following the Messenger even if we do not find what he said specifically referred to in the texts of the Qur’aan. These verses also enjoin following the Qur’aan even if we do not find what is said in the Qur’aan specifically mentioned in the hadeeth of the Messenger.

So we must follow the Qur’aan and we must follow the Messenger. Following the one implies following the other, for the Messenger conveyed the Book, and the Book commands us to follow the Messenger. The Book and the Messenger do not contradict one another at all, just as the Book does not contradict itself.

“Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely, have found therein many a contradiction”
[al-Nisa’ 4:82]

And there are many ahaadeeth from the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which state that it is obligatory to follow the Qur’aan and that it is obligatory to follow his Sunnah, for example, the hadeeth in which he said: “I do not want to find any one of you reclining on his pillow, and when he hears of something that I have commanded or forbidden, he says, ‘Between us and you there stands this Qur’aan, whatever we find is permissible in it we will take as permissible, and whatever we find is forbidden in it we will take as forbidden.’ For I have been given the Book and something like it with it; it is like the Qur’aan or more.” This hadeeth is narrated in the books of Sunan and Musnad from the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with a number of isnads from Abu Tha’labah, Abu Raafi’, Abu Hurayrah and others.
In Saheeh Muslim is it narrated from Jaabir that the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon: “I am leaving behind among you something which, if you adhere to it, you will not go astray after that. It is the Book of Allaah.” The version narrated by al-Haakim says “The Book of Allaah and my Sunnah.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2937).

In al-Saheeh it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa that it was said to him: Did the Messenger of Allaah leave a will? He said, No. It was said, How then is it prescribed for people to make wills when the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not make a will? He said, He made a will in which he enjoined (adherence to) the Book of Allaah.
(Narrated by Muslim, 1634)

The Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah explains the Qur’aan, as it explains the number of prayers, how much should be recited in them, which should be recited out loud and which quietly. It also explains the amounts of zakaah to be paid and the threshold at which zakaah becomes due; the rituals of Hajj and ‘Umrah; how many times one should circumambulate the Ka’bah, go between al-Safa and al-Marwah and stone the Jamaraat, etc.

When any Sunnah is proven to be saheeh, the Muslims are agreed that it is obligatory to follow it. There may be something in the Sunnah which a person thinks appears to go against the apparent meaning of the Qur’aan and add to it, such as the Sunnah which explains the threshold of stealing at which the hadd punishment becomes due, and the Sunnah which stipulates that the married adulterer is to be stoned. This Sunnah must also be followed, according to the view of the Sahaabah and those who followed them in truth, and all the groups of Muslims.
Adapted from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/84-86

That which was brought by the Messenger :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is true just as the Qur’aan is true.

peace,

islamicfajr

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Thanks for your replies. i am still new, been studying 3 years now, but it's hard. i will keep reading. i lost so much because of this difficulty i am having.

u wellcome in any time..some day insha` Allah..i wanna say to u my brother in islam..

any Question..feel free i'm here 4 u..and All my time is ur time

May Allah direct Allah us to the right path and All us meet in paradise Ameen..

peace,

islamicfajr

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The Quran in it's perfect form tells us to follow the Messenger of Allah (saws) so therefore, a Muslim HAS to follow the hadith or they wouldn't really be fulfilling the following of the Quran.

I was going to say that too. Answers the question.

Oem Soufiane

salaam aleikum,

what about the first pillar of islam, the shahada, ashadu la illaha illa allah, wa ashadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasulluh, why should we say that muhammad pbuh is our prophet, but not follow him. if you only state that There is no god but Allah, and not say the rest of the shahada, what makes us different from the christians then. keep om searching brother, but please don't search because you want to prove the 'hadith followers' wrong. Keep an open mind and let things that are doubtfull to you go before the things you are shure about (i don't know if i said this right) i mean that you can better do too much than too less, NO BIDAH! but you found out in the quran that you must follow the prophets lifestyle, but where did you find that this has to end when the quran is finished. follow our beloved prophet muhammad pbuh and if you find any evidence in the quran that you shouldnt do this, stop it, but i (and all my dear muslim brothers and sisters) can asure you that you won't find any.