Food for thought – Making the right choices.

GreenSpark

Food for thought – Making the right choices.

Islam being unique in its nature put the responsibility on the believers (Muslims) to make the right choices in their life. It would not be wrong to say that making the right choices is what Islam is all about. Throughout your life you will be faced with situations where you will almost always have more than one options. One of which will be exactly what Allah wants you to do or not to do, and others will be full of varying degrees of impure intentions and corrupted thoughts and actions. The path you decide to take will have a long term impact on your life, both in this world and especially in the hereafter. Your choice would be indicative to your creator whether you are a Muslim (the one who has submitted his will to Allah’s will) or you are just fooling yourself or others around you by using the term ‘Muslim’ as nothing more than a label.

A friend of mine once made a choice; he decided that he would not deal in interest (interest/usury) and neither would he ever work for any banking or financial institution which is interest based. This decision hardly had any impact on this life whatsoever, as he was neither dealing in interest and was already employed and pretty happy with his job. But as always, Allah threw a test at him when he least expected it. It has been stated as a divine policy matter a number of times in Quran, most directly in Surah 103 Al-Asr (the declining). In Quran the commandment related to good deeds is followed by recommendation of being patience. This friend of mine decided to switch job for a better salary and on his first day at the new company he learnt that this new company was designing a system for another company which dealt mainly with interest in a very extreme way. They use to offer small loans at exorbitant rates to low income people in rural areas. And he was to lead the project of designing this system. Standing by his earlier decision, he resigned there and then. He had a firm conviction that because he is doing it for Allah, so He will keep His part of the deal and help him out. Being patience and putting trust in Allah after doing a good deed paid off instantly. Within the same week he got offered another good job.

May Allah Almighty help us make the right choices according to his deen.

Relevant links:
Surah Al Asr
http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=103&translator=5&mac=

Surah Baqrah (261-281)
http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=103&translator=5&mac=

ASA,

Jazakallah khair for the reminder brother. It's that TRUST and PROMISE from Allah swt that we need to put in our hearts and everything will fall into place with the Will and Mercy of The Above.

"Among The Believers are men who Truly fulfilled their covenant with Allah (i.e. they have gone out for Jihad and showed not their backs to the disbelievers); of them some fulfilled their pledge (i.e. have been martyred), and some are still waiting, but they have never changed (i.e. they never proved treacherous to their covenant which they concluded with Allah) in the least" (33:23)

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Salaam,

Very well said GreenSpark.

Many people are blinded by the common misconception these days that luxury and comfort is all there is to this life. Often forgetting that this life is so temporary and short; it is the hereafter that is of importance and that is what we should work for in this life.

Fighting between your desires/nafs and Allah Ta'allah's commandments is one of the most difficult of all Jihaad's. It is an inner conflict for many. May Allah Ta'allah guide us onto the straight path and make us the Masters of our desires and not the slaves. Ameen

Wasalaam