Friday time

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Asalamu alaykum

Narrated Salman Al-Farsi:

Allah's Apostle :)saw:) said, "Anyone who takes a bath on Friday and cleans himself as much as he can and puts oil (on his hair) or scents himself; and then proceeds for the prayer and does not force his way between two persons (assembled in the mosque for the Friday prayer), and prays as much as is written for him and remains quiet when the Imam delivers the Khutba, all his sins in between the present and the last Friday will be forgiven."

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
MashAllah....I already done my Friday about 5 hours ago.

Brother, I have this doubt (not doubt with the Prophet astafirullah...), all the while my sheikh said it is only a sunnah to take bath (ghusl) before proceed to the masjid for Friday. But I show this Hadith yesterday, and it says "compulsory".

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "ghusl (taking a bath) on Friday is compulsory for every Muslim reaching the age of puberty."

- Sahih Muslim.

Is it wajib? I'm really worried now coz I only take bath before going to work i.e. before Fajr.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

About taking a bath on Friday before Jumu’uah prayer:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: Allah’s Apostle said, “The taking of a bath on Friday is compulsory for every Muslim who has attained the age of puberty.” (Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 13, Number 20)

Narrated Abu Huraira that the Prophet said, “It is Allah’s right on every Muslim that he should take a bath (at least) once in seven days.” (Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 13, Number 21)

Narrated Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) The people used to come from their abodes and from Al-’Awali (i.e. outskirts of Medina up to a distance of four miles or more from Medina). They used to pass through dust and used to be drenched with sweat and covered with dust; so sweat used to trickle from them. One of them came to Allah’s Apostle who was in my house. The Prophet said to him, “I wish that you keep yourself clean on this day of yours (i.e. take a bath).” (Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 13, Number 25)

Narrated Yahya bin Said: I asked ‘Amra about taking a bath on Fridays. She replied, ” Aisha said, ‘The people used to work (for their livelihood) and whenever they went for the Jumua prayer, they used to go to the mosque in the same shape as they had been in work. So they were asked to take a bath on Friday.’ ” (Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 13, Number 26)

http://strangerinthisdunya.wordpress.com/category/friday/

Maybe there is difference in opinion on the subject, why not contact the sheikh and ask him today after jummah?

P.S. Sorry for Late reply.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
It's ok brother, so fast it is already Friday here in Malaysia (11.53am). An hour time I will be in the Masjid nearby.

About the ghusl, all my sheikh known to said it is sunnah before Friday prayer. I'm worried with the word "compulsory" in the Hadith.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
It's ok brother, so fast it is already Friday here in Malaysia (11.53am). An hour time I will be in the Masjid nearby.

About the ghusl, all my sheikh known to said it is sunnah before Friday prayer. I'm worried with the word "compulsory" in the Hadith.
so....
... have you asked him?
:salam2:

salek

jazakallahu khair brother for your very very important reminder. we love our prophet(s) than anything . inshallah, we will do it as much as we can . may allah swt reward you.

salek

you are lucky you already prayed jummah

salam brother, how are you doing? i envy you cause you already prayed jummah, we still will have to wait for 13 hours. about the "gusl " brother, i know it's sunnah. tomorrow after jummah i will ask our grand mufti and imam bokhari inshallah. then take care. may allah (swt) grant barakah on you and your family.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
salam brother, how are you doing? i envy you cause you already prayed jummah, we still will have to wait for 13 hours. about the "gusl " brother, i know it's sunnah. tomorrow after jummah i will ask our grand mufti and imam bokhari inshallah. then take care. may allah (swt) grant barakah on you and your family.

It is Friday time again here in the east. In another 4 hours time I will in the masjid. Unfortunately last week I could not meet any sheikh coz I was in hurry, inshAllah I will be asking another sheikh tomorrow.