friendships

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2:

I hope you all alright.
Does Islam allows friendships between boys and girls?
My dearest brothers and sisters in islam, please make ducaafor my oncle who is ill inshallah may Allah give us health
ameen
:wasalam:

Marwa17

ShaheedU, I read the link thing but it raises more questions than answers. I understand that islamic relationships between boys and girls are prohibited. But, what if you go to school and of course it is co-ed. Sometimes these things are out of your situation. For example, my brother's P.E. class is co-ed at school. They also have to go swimming three weeks per semster. He does not swim; instead he walks the pool. However, he is still in the same room with them. I realize it is haram. He has talked to counselors, the principal, my dad has also talked to them, but it was too late in the semster for him to get his schedule changed.
My high school is obviously co ed. I can't change that and i have to go to class. The link is about a question whether a husband and wife can attend classes where there are other men and women intermingled. The answer is it is haram. Idk why but that just shocked me because then the basis of like everything i do is haram.
Is it totally haram then to go to a co-ed school? or as long as you don't talk to boys it is okay?
I think the way our world is run today is soooooo wrong. It makes it harder on us as muslims. But if we are able to go past it then our iman becomes stronger. We have to want to be muslims in order to survive as such.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
yes,you are right sister marwa that the link did not really answer my question, i was quite surprised when i read it, but i think that as long as we don't mix, imean physically with boys it's alright; please correct me if i am wrong

ShaheedU

Extinct
:salam2:

I hope you all alright.
Does Islam allows friendships between boys and girls?
My dearest brothers and sisters in islam, please make ducaafor my oncle who is ill inshallah may Allah give us health
ameen
:wasalam:

the answer i thought was pretty clear with respect to libins question. but allaah knows best.

Verse No. 53 of Surat al-Ahzab, or the Confederates (Interpretation of the meaning); "...for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and for theirs..."

In explaining this Verse, Ibn Kathir (May Allaah have mercy on him) said: "Meaning, as I forbade you to enter their rooms, I forbid you to look at them at all. If one wants to take something from a woman, one should do so without looking at her. If one wants to ask a woman for something, the same has to be done from behind a screen."

with respects to marwa17's question, Is it totally haram then to go to a co-ed school?

allaah knows best.

can i also apologise to Marwa17 for calling u a bro, it was out of force of habit. Sorry

Marwa17

no problem shaheed...:)...i have done it enough times my self...lol
but like libin was asking is if it all right for boys and girls to be friends.
That's not what i'm asking.
Like i was reading the link you had, and it said that a husband and wife together cannot take classes where they are mixed with other genders. I am asking does that mean that schools with boys and girls are haram?

ShaheedU

Extinct
i think that the husband and wife were just wondering if they could go to the classes, possibly individually, or possibly together. cos i did read another q&a where someone asked if a married couple could invite someone over for dinner and if both the husband and wife could sit and eat with the guest. and the answer was yes they can on the condition that the sisters awra wasnt revealed. i think they were talking about the niqaab, but then theres the question of is the niqaab fardh or not. Anyways, if this couple could invite a non-mehram over for dinner then surely the other couple could go to the arabic classes together. right? this is probably useless, most of my posts are!

i dont remember the proofs for the dinner party situation, sorry but its probably on the site. www.islamqa.com

does that mean that schools with boys and girls are haram?

i have no idea, allaah knows best. i go to a mixed college so its a problem for me as well.
im 17, it wasnt likely that i would have known the answer to your question.
sorry

salaam

ShaheedU

Extinct
ask your question at islamqa.com

let me know the answer when they post it, please.

p.s. this is me being lazy.
Jazakillah kahyrun

Marwa17

don't post because that's your aim...to be a moderator...post for the fun of sharing your knowledge...lol...just joking with you
you're still at junior member....i just got upgraded....YAY!!!!! lol...i actually thought junior member meant you were younger than 18 or something...oh well...computers are definitely not my thing...

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

I don't know why the User titles do what they do... sometimes they have 'moods' of their own.

Every person should be aware that it doesn't matter what our titles say. It really doesn't, don't keep your hopes up on such matters because then if the opposite becomes truth, it'll be that much harder. Be a king in your mind, but be a pauper to all else. Meaning... be optomistic... but don't be arrogant.

Sharing knowledge is fun, but opinoins can also be dangerous, especially when it comes to Islamic things...

all that being said... I'm really a Junior Member in disguise.. ;) so no worries there. :D

Wassalam.

khan_saddozai

SALAM
samiha ..i cant undersand y u have said 'Sharing knowledge is fun, but opinoins can also be dangerous, especially when it comes to Islamic things...'
i think peoples opinion on islamic issues shud be discussed so we can get rid of the false ideas people have. i mean thats wat i intend 2 do.
look i'm no trying to criticise u...i'm jus wondering wat u meant.
salam