Funny Americans!

Idris16

They are not funny they are stupid. They would even invade Kirgistan,sri lanka and even Italy. If america invades france the americans would support the war eventhough they dont know a thing abt that country. No wonder why american citizens cheered when they killed Al Shabaab leader. Na3latulah

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool hiccup hic hic looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
About ten years ago, when I was in America, once me and my brother were on the bus and we were going to return a video we'd rented. The video was in my brother's hands and he was reading the stuff on the back of the case, and then this American man sitting across the aisle from us leaned over and asked us where we were from, and we said "India." After that he got really interested and then started explaining to us that what we had in our hands was a "video cassette" and he started explaining video recording technology and stuff, and we were so shocked that we could just stare at him. *shakes head* He thought all Indians lived in villages and draw water out of wells, and spend their days milking cows and buffaloes probably. But it was more hurtful than amusing actually, because it was a glimpse of what people really think of you. But maybe that guy's job was outsourced to better talent, lol.

Ladybug3478

Wow!

This post is somewhat disheartening as an American and a person who's studying Islam even to the point where my head scarf arrived today. Only a few hours have passed since my husband and I enjoyed a moment as I tried it on using different styles! But, the whole head scarf think was a decision based on Christianity, Judaism, and Islam together. I guess people are people (and all that entails).

Oh man...today...what a day! I've been struggling with anger. Well, this was one more challenge at the end of my day. Thanks to God, as I send this out - I am calm.

This will take a few days to try and understand in a non judgmental way and get to the root. The possible hurt feelings, pride, and so forth. So, I'm interested in understanding what REALLY creates poking fun? Who wants to pick on others? It's those who feel hurt. Please understand, I know not everyone poked fun and some even pointed out the direction they where being led. So, there are always the wise, the 'not so' wise, the pure hearted, the 'not so' pure hearted. And, this takes me to the video. There are those who are educated in many things, those who specialize, and those who like to keep it simple (who are we to judge someone else).

If this is seen as a problem...what can we do to help? Seriously!

By the way....how long did it take to make this video? And, how many people did they interview?

Please note: this post is not intended to offend anyone.

Regards.

Ladybug3478

Hummmm...

To answer your question Sazk - is to go back. Maybe we should move forward.

I see that you are very intelligent from other posts. So, again, the question is how can we help those from around the world gain education?

If there is what some say a problem - let's ask God to show us how to help.

Regards

Ladybug3478

Just some quick thoughts...

Maybe some could volunteer their time. We could make somethink like 'education hour' in the local parks. People can ask questions and we can search the answers via various websites using wireless technology. People can ask all kinds of things. For example...where did the shoe lace come from (this is just an example). As a back up plan (in case the computer isn't working as we'd hope :)) we can create back up activities (educational games etc...) that would put the time to use.

There are so many bright people on this site. I know if you put your heads together we could do a lot of good.

I'll keep brain storming this topic. What do you guys think?

Regards

sazk

Banned
the "dumbing down" of you people -common americans, is in the interests of the few elites who run your country. we've already got a message to give. as muslims its sort of an obligation on us to spread the message of islam to you people.(and remove misconceptions).

and its your duty to read and research more about what true islam really is.

after that its your choice, its all upto you.

sazk

Banned
i dont know much about people from texas and alabama. first time i saw the video my first thoughts were these people must have been paid to act dumb. there is no way a person can NOT know how many sides are in a triangle. i can't believe these people are allowed to vote!

mhamzah

Salam Alakum,

Salam Alakum,

Well first of all the only reason of starting this thread was just to share a video, wasn't to offend any one (but its seems my thread don't end up as planned).

Personally speaking I don't have a problem with some people (and i stress some) getting questions wrong which they ought to know. I don't believe one would find Americans as a whole getting simple questions like these wrong. In addition who are we to judge them.

However what bothers me, is when people say we should invade others countries (when they are ready to invade other countries which even don't exist) just because they will believe what their President says and that too because he is from same state you are from, or you don't like other countries attitude or you don't like the way they dress.

In Islam a person crime is not what he believes, his crime is as to whether he checks on what he believes (the word Imam, often translated as faith, however actually means to check or to verify).

And I am afraid these people believe this despite the fact that they know better. They see what is going on in the world, yet they want to invade other countries.

May Allah guide us closer to the truth,
Ameen

:wasalam:

Ladybug3478

Great! I think I got it!

Sazk,
I mentioned education around the world not just America. So, I guess you decline my invitation to help all. Your choice. :)

Mhamzah,
Quote from your post:
In Islam a person crime is not what he believes, his crime is as to whether he checks on what he believes (the word Imam, often translated as faith, however actually means to check or to verify).

What is it that you believe? You state that the people do not know better. So, what do you believe should be done?

I agree with you that people should not attempt to make decision on something they know nothing about. Someone's mind set, whether, knowing that you don't have to have all the answers - is a learned behavior. Someone needs to be taught otherwise. And, how does this happen? Is the question? It's kind of like being able to spot an instigator before being dragged into his mind game of negativity. Beware he may seem to give you the courage to speak but, ask yourself 'what word(s)s and feeling(s) he stirs up with his comments'? How do you know to beware if you are not taught what to watch out for? Who should be responsible? The folks that benefit from the ignorance of others or the community itself? Do you think that on that day God just might ask that a problem was recognized (referring to what you mentioned having a problem with in your post) and wanted to know what good deed(s) you did to better his world while he allowed you to reside here?

This is about more than a few people getting some questions wrong for a laugh (not referring to anyone on this site) I'm referring to the actual purpose/ intent of the show that has been circulated.

I know - you stated many of times that negativity was not your intention. But, can you tell yourself, if not the folks on this post - what was your intention? What were you feeling thinking when you sent it?

Curious, what do you think Muhammad (PBUH) as an example on how to live our lives would say needs to be done if someone is in the dark?

Someone, a while back, came to sell me windows. The person ended up being a Muslim who had studied Islam, Christianity, and Judaism on his personal search for truth. The end result was that he chose Islam (just a little back ground info). He's been on Hajj. My husband mentioned that he was so young - he said it was the best time to go. Anyway, he told a beautiful story that amazed me since I was taught otherwise. He said that when Muhammad went in to conquer some folks that he rode on his horse with his head down in a state of humility and that he didn't fight if he was angry. He would fight after anger had gone. This is BEAUTIFUL!

Basically, he educated me by the will of God. I would have not known if he didn't open his mouth.

What I took from this is that if something is going in the wrong direction and requires knowledge or any kind of positive change - then we should jump at the chance to do some good.

Well, all of this has moved me forward towards my desire of helping children in the inner city. You know, the ones who's parents say they'll be nothing, and the teacher confirms this, then they believe it and create this horrible reality for themselves for years to come. I will proceed! God willing!

Regards.

mhamzah

salam Alakum,

:salam2:

What is it that you believe? You state that the people do not know better. So, what do you believe should be done?

To begin with Allah won’t ask a person on the day of Judgement whether he knew how many side a triangle has or not, or where is Taj Mahal. Its not a crime not to know these things.

However when you hear comments like Yasir Arafat is the President of Al-Qaeda, that we should invade countries that does not even exist if what I have a problem with and this is something one who indeed be held acountable for.

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful. (49:6)

I stated that in case of war, people know better (not that they don’t know better), its not rocket science to figure out what is going out in the world.
I agree one should confront the truth, infact enjoying what is the truth and good is indeed very much part of Islam, infact it is necessary for one to be successful.

103.001 - By time,
103.002 - Indeed, mankind is in loss, (103:1-3)
103.003 - Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and
advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

As far as what I have been doing on a personal level, I guess Allah knows best what I have been doing but I just dont go about claiming I have been doing. If you want to figure it out for youself maybe you can go though some of my posts on other threads.

This is about more than a few people getting some questions wrong for a laugh (not referring to anyone on this site) I'm referring to the actual purpose/ intent of the show that has been circulated.

I know - you stated many of times that negativity was not your intention. But, can you tell yourself, if not the folks on this post - what was your intention? What were you feeling thinking when you sent it?

Its not about a laugh, infact its an unfortunate situation, which needs confrontation. By hiding or avoiding these things in anticaption that it would disappear, unfortunately wont lead any where. As far as what good came out from the circulatio (in your own words )

What I took from this is that if something is going in the wrong direction and requires knowledge or any kind of positive change - then we should jump at the chance to do some good.

Well, all of this has moved me forward towards my desire of helping children in the inner city. You know, the ones who's parents say they'll be nothing, and the teacher confirms this, then they believe it and create this horrible reality for themselves for years to come. I will proceed! God willing!

:wasalam:

Khalil2u

ASALAAMU ALAIKUM,
I WAS JUST ON THE FLOOR:laughing-dancing:
:SMILY206:WELCOME TO AMERICA
I HAVE THE PLEASURE OF LIVING HERE WITH THESE FINE PPL
PP HERE LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD
ITS CALLED THE AMERICAN DREAM
THANKS TO ALLAH SWT I KNOW TO ALWAYS SEEK KNOWLEDGE
ISLAM SAVED MY LIFE

Ladybug3478

Mhamzah,
I'm talking about the intention of our hearts as we type in a response to the post. As I mentioned before (in so many words) I was upset because it's about Americans and being that I'm American - I felt laughed at - poked fun of and so forth by people I sought guidance from. This I'm sure you can understand. In addition, it somewhat worries me as someone (depends on the person) might focus on one person who agrees to attack a non existent county. This seems to be fuel for the fire. Fuel for hate and anger (not referring to you). Fuel for those looking for reason/ fuel.

I will read some of your post in order to obtain a better understanding of you and your view point.

Also, I am interested in the majority of results due to the post. Not just what has come from me (referring to your comment about the good that occured as a result of the post).

And, thanks for saying God is using me for good.

Khalil2u,

What were you referring to when you posted the word 'stupid'? What had you on the floor? About living in a fantasy...well, many American's lives are far from that. If I am attempting to be a better person and keep my heart clean...is this what you consider living in a fantasy?

It is what it is - in reality.

Thanks

Ladybug3478

Hello Khalil2u,

You know what - don't even reply to me. Thanks to God, I see I'm taking this way to personal and therefore my judgement is cloudy. I'm done responding to this post. But, will use it to learn more and hopefully grasp a better understanding of other point of views.

I beg God to guide us all.

Thanks.

mhamzah

Salam Alakum,

The link to the video has been removed. I am sorry if I have hurt someone's feeling, that was not my intention.

I appologise again.

:wasalam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind, The Sovereign of mankind. The God of mankind, From the evil of the retreating whisperer - Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind - From among the jinn and mankind." (114)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We need to stop...we are so busy pointing fingers at the ignorance of the disbelievers we become proud.
We need to be serious. We need to help everyone. It is the duty of the Muslims to help the oppressed.

I was at the masjid for a dinner the other night. I asked a group of Muslim students what was the significance of the colors I wore..including my scarf...not one knew. They were all honor students with A averages; high school and college. I was wearing the colors of Palestine. A blind person would have known.

So before we make fun of anyone..let us look at ourselves.