GAME: Question and answer (No Serious Religious Questions please)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum,

Mirajmom, Allaah has said in more than 12 aayaat of the Qur'aan that He is above us, above his throne. To then say Allaah is everywhere, or in our hearts or within the creation is incorrect. Allaah is the Creator and we are the creation. The two don't come together, and believing so is disbelief/shirk. So no Allaah does not reside in our hearts. There is an ayah in soorah Qaaf (16th aayah) wherein Allaah states, "And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein", however no one from the people of knowledge have understood this to mean this in a literal sense. Ibn Kathir said that it is in reference to the Angels, and that 'We' means 'Our knowledge' (so Allaah is nearer to us, by his knowledge). He than goes on to assert, "...avoid falling into the idea of incarnation or indwelling; but these two creeds are false according to the consensus of the Muslims..." Hence, we stick to the consensus of Ahl us-Sunnah, not the speech/garbage of Ahl ul-Kalaam (people of rhetoric). Some of the people of kalaam make strange claims, saying one thing with the tongue, meaning something far from what can be perceived (from such speech).

As for the saying that Allaah is the Light of the Heavens and the earth, then again, the companions themselves understood this to mean, 'the Guide of inhabitants of the heavens and the earth.'

Refer to Tafseer Ibn Katheer of the relevent aayaat.

warda A

Sister
Missed the point

:salam2:
Dear brothers Mabsoot & kashmiri, i think most people missed the point entirely,
I wanted people to ask and answer question in a proper manner where by they have to bring evidence for their answers , they are not scholars but answers have to come from scholars, meaning they do research for those answers,(like the answers you give, detailed and to the point) i also asked for the question to be simple.
Jazakallahu kheiran

Question
What do you say when you see someone afflicted by misfortune.