Gen's Revert Story

buriedaway_4536

Source: http://myresourceislam.blogspot.com/2011/08/gens-revert-story.html
More Stories: http://myresourceislam.blogspot.com/p/convert-stories.html

Gen's Revert Story

Asalam alaikum.

I am Gen and I am only still new to Islam alhamdulilah! But I am proud that I have said my shahada and become a muslim. I grew up as a normal western girl. Parties, concerts, school, honestly, just the usual. I wasn't religious but I knew I had muslim family, but they lived on the other side of the country.

My auntie was a converted muslim. She married soon after I was born and to the other side of the country. I had only met her and my cousins a few times but I was aware of them and their religion. My Mum had a problem with it all, she thought that no one could see anything good in Islam especially as a woman and that she only converted for her husband. She didn't hate my aunt but she did think she had made a bad choice. She still doesn't know about my conversion. The only people that do are my aunt and her family.

A couple of years ago my aunt's husband found a job closer to where we live and because the pay was much better than what he was getting in his old job they decided they would move. I saw this as a good opportunity to see more of her and get to know my family better so every now and the when I had a free day I'd get public transport to see her and her family. We soon grew very close and by being close to them I started to learn more about the religion and see that it wasn't what my mum thought it was and my aunt did not just convert because her husband is muslim. Slowly I started to see what my aunt saw in islam. I enjoyed conversations with her family about religion and not being religious myself I appreciated what they had to offer. I'm not sure of the moment I began to want to know more about Islam but it soon came. I started meeting friends my aunt was making in the area.

My association with muslims and good examples just brought me closer to islam.
I said the shahada with my aunt early this year. Now its my first ramadan, I'm enjoying all the time I can with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

buriedaway_4536

It's not my story! :)
I'm a brother who came to Islam over 4 years ago. Alhamdulillah.

It's a revert story submission I had to my blog.

But thanks. JazakaAllahu kheyr.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
It's not my story! :)
I'm a brother who came to Islam over 4 years ago. Alhamdulillah.

It's a revert story submission I had to my blog.

But thanks. JazakaAllahu kheyr.

:salam2:

Mashallah and Alhadmulillah dear brother that you have been guided to Allahs only truth way and our beautiful Deen Al Islam. :hijabi:

May Allah reward you dear brother for geeting back to Islam as fitrat of every human being, SubhanAllah.

Inshallah you can also share with us your story about accepting Islam. We all will be glad to read your story brother and Inshallah benefit from it as well.

May Allah bless you.Ameen ya Rabby

:wasalam: