Getting Ridiculous

mezeren

Actually I am as happy as I have been in a long time.......again my reason for this post is akin to, lets say, to minorities still crying about the slavery of early america.......it's pointless today. Or lets say Gay people fighting for marriage rights, RIDICULOUS! Why should all of society change to Make Accommodations for a small groups ideas? So you don't like a dogs....why is it that they all have to cry about a cute little puppy being on public info sheet?? It seems ridiculous to me. And it seems petty. And if you have a problem with dogs because of your faith why the heck is that the country that is allowing you to live there a problem with the country? You don't have to have a dog, but you should not tell others that they need to remove it because YOU find it offensive. If you find it offensive or other non-islamic ideals offensive then maybe you should move to a muslim country. That was my soul point.

i adressed not only this post but your recent posts in general.you are not claiming to be a muslim anymore(am i wrong?) which is ok.

yes,this news is ridiculous to me as well,so what.every muslim loves(should love) every creature of Allah(s.w.t.) whether it is a dog,pig,spider etc.you can not say muslims have a problem with dogs becouse of their belief.dog's saliva,as far as i know,is considered unclean according to islam and before you perform your prayer you should clean your body and dress.while in this case complaining about a picture because it has a dog on it is simply nonesense,but it does not mean that we should not voice our concerns without being violent when we have a valid case.

and you say that minorities on this planet should not have any rights.excuse me but i do not agree with you.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Well to comment on the actually post about the dog. I know we as muslims know dogs are unclean and other reasons. But here in the USA and some other countries I also know that the police glorify dogs because they use them in performing police work. I do not think they were personally being offensive because it said they did not only send it to the muslim community but several communities. So to me being offensive would have to have only been sent to muslims only. Also they use dogs and the are apart of the police force so I do not think they would change that. It like if one religion hated white or blacks or any race and the police sent a card with a white man or the other examples to the community that did not agree should they change it, no. I do not know how many muslims disagreed but for even one to they should probably reevaluate the situation. It alot of things that come to my house maybe I do not agree but I do not feel they said oh she is muslim lets send to her house. I also do not feel it was the whole community I know when 1 person says something it become 5 and then 5 its everyone and so one to try to help prove a point. I do not feel it should have been offensive unless they were using crosses or something. The media exagerrates we all know that but sometimes I think some muslims exagerrate on what to exspect from the kuffaar. When have bigger issues to worry about then a postcard with a dog. This is a comment just on the link to the thread not all the other stuff.

dianek

Well to comment on the actually post about the dog. I know we as muslims know dogs are unclean and other reasons. But here in the USA and some other countries I also know that the police glorify dogs because they use them in performing police work. I do not think they were personally being offensive because it said they did not only send it to the muslim community but several communities. So to me being offensive would have to have only been sent to muslims only. Also they use dogs and the are apart of the police force so I do not think they would change that. It like if one religion hated white or blacks or any race and the police sent a card with a white man or the other examples to the community that did not agree should they change it, no. I do not know how many muslims disagreed but for even one to they should probably reevaluate the situation. It alot of things that come to my house maybe I do not agree but I do not feel they said oh she is muslim lets send to her house. I also do not feel it was the whole community I know when 1 person says something it become 5 and then 5 its everyone and so one to try to help prove a point. I do not feel it should have been offensive unless they were using crosses or something. The media exagerrates we all know that but sometimes I think some muslims exagerrate on what to exspect from the kuffaar. When have bigger issues to worry about then a postcard with a dog. This is a comment just on the link to the thread not all the other stuff.

Thank you for commenting solely on the original post and understanding the thought behind it. I appreciate that!

i adressed not only this post but your recent posts in general.you are not claiming to be a muslim anymore(am i wrong?) which is ok.

yes,this news is ridiculous to me as well,so what.every muslim loves(should love) every creature of Allah(s.w.t.) whether it is a dog,pig,spider etc.you can not say muslims have a problem with dogs becouse of their belief.dog's saliva,as far as i know,is considered unclean according to islam and before you perform your prayer you should clean your body and dress.while in this case complaining about a picture because it has a dog on it is simply nonesense,but it does not mean that we should not voice our concerns without being violent when we have a valid case.

and you say that minorities on this planet should not have any rights.excuse me but i do not agree with you.

FINALLY someone has said what I wanted to say all along. THANK YOU!!!

I've been looking in on this forum for a while now and finally after seeing the same nonsense over and over again I felt the need to finally register so that I can say something before I explode.

As a Muslim...it is our duty to try to educate and also to represent Islam in the best possible light, which often does not happen here, and recently it seems many people are just so quick to jump down someone's throat.
You see it over and over again...I am not sure if there is a handbook of some sort or what? But most of you tend to answer someone's questions or threads with the ever so popular "well in your country you do this...or that" "well what about Iraq?" "well what about all the murders and killings in your country"

PUUHLEASE????!!!!!!! Is that all you got? Because it's played out and old and it gets you nowhere. Those typical repsonses from Muslims when faced with anger or confusion from a non Muslim do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help Islam and do absolutely NOTHING to show a different side of Islam.
Just because someone sparks a nerve inside of you, offends you, or angers you does not mean you have to counter argue by pointing out something equally disgusting or wrong from their country, race, religion..or whatever.

Is that Islamic? NOPE!!!!

I think that the above post and Mirajmom's was exactly what the person who started this thread needs to hear and read.

You see, often times people who are not educated enough in Islam or for whatever reason choose NOT to educate themsleves just wants a Muslim to explain to them...to tell them it's not right...to affirm to them that the majority opinion of the general public is not at all what Muslims as a whole believe in.

When I am faced with someone saying "look...look what you Muslims are doing over here or there ...how can you be apart of such hatefulness and terror" I have to stop and compose myself. I don't immediately shout back that ever so popular line "well what if it were your brother or child or mother" blah blah blah...they will not hear that, they will not understand that. Listen up people...what they are really doing is crying out for someone, anyone, especially a MUSLIM to comfort them and tell them, to show them that this is NOT ISLAM!
When I am posed with those questions and comments that anger me, I try really hard to listen to the person beneath all the words and I usually see someone who just wants me to assure them that this is not what it's all about.

Just exactly what this above post did. Instead of pouncing back and insulting and trying to play the game of who is more evil and who is more ignorant(which makes everyone look ignorant and intolerant and evil) they explained to her what a Muslims stance is as far as dogs and they showed the original poster that this is not their opinion. They do not agree with however many people got upset over a picture of a dog. That;s what she wanted to hear...that is what she is crying out for.

For YOU as a MUslim to show her, to assure her that some of this nonsense is not what Islam is all about. To show her compassion and patience and understanding instead of the ever so typical responses that you see here which is that of ...let me throw it back in your face lady.

How ridiculous the state of the Ummah is when you have Muslims no longer representing the real Islam and just throwing equally digusting accusations, and instances back in the face of the person who is lost.

How does this help Islam? How does it help Islam when someone or such a thread like this is started and you become angry and start throwing things right back at the poster? Start searching feverishly on the internet for anything and everything in the Bible that could be equally if not more heinous than something someone percieves to be the message in the Quran???? How does this help???

I will tell you it does NOTHING. It will do 1 of 2 things...it will either arouse more anger in the person posing the question or passing the comment and nothing comes of this. They learn nothing. OR you just showed them that "hey..not only is the Quran filled with "evil" but so is the Bible?" Essentially confusing that person even more. Now they have lost faith in both religions.

Tell me people...HOW DO YOU REPRESENT ISLAM??????????????

How can you sleep at night knowing you just got into an argument or insulted someone online???? Doesn't matter if they did the same...doesn't matter that they have a bad impression of Islam..maybe...JUST MAYBE if you would not respond with emotion and ignorance and show the TRUE MUSLIM then you would change peoples perception of Islam.

The only accomplished in this thread is the confirmation she has of Muslims with the exception of three posters. Insha'Allah she will only read those three and only take from them. InshaAllah she will ignore the insults and Insha'Allah she will see her own errors in the process. Insha'Allah she will learn a different side of Islam from those SELECT few Muslims who truly are good servants of Allah subana wa tala. InshaAllah InshaAllah!!!!

Meraj

Brother
Puppy Ad No Offense: Scottish Muslims

Sister dainek, i request you please dont look to people what they are doing...instead look what u r doing is that right or wrong. i request you just to give some time to read about islam with ur open heart and with broad mind...dont pick up these nasty things what people r doing rather concentrate on urself.
just message is clear " there is no one worthy of worship except Allah, and muhammad (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is his slave and messenger" rest is upon u whether u believe r not. Allah guides those whom He wills. just one think sister that just beliving in god is not enough as all human being believe that there is god even so claimed athiets because it is fitrah (in human nature)but they dont want to mess up with it...just want to enjoy their desires etc without any resrictions....

ps: I think i was the one who forced u to change christianity to islam in ur profile..but i think i made a mistake as u were not fully prepared...r have not accepted it from ur heart...I wish may Allah (subhana wa taala) open ur heart and give you peace of mind.

Please read this and clear ur post...as u generalise the things from a single person....

IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

CAIRO — Scottish Muslims rushed to calm the uproar that emerged over a picture of a dog on a promotional police postcard after a local Muslim councilor argued that the puppy ad would be offensive to the Muslim community because of their religious beliefs.

"There isn't any Islamic basis for taking issue with a simple picture of a little puppy," Osama Saeed, chief executive of the Scottish-Islamic Foundation (SIF), told The Scotsman on Wednesday, July 2.

The controversy erupted on Monday, when Mohammed Asif, the Muslim councilor of Dundee city, expressed reservations over a postcard advertising the new non-emergency phone number of the police in the eastern coast region of Tayside.

The ad pictured a dog sitting in a police hat and telephone on a card highlighting the police force's new contact number.

Asif, also a member of the Tayside Joint Police Board, said the ads, already distributed throughout the region, could be offending to Muslims.

"My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards." Asif said.

But Scottish Muslim leaders dismissed the counselor's comments, affirming that religious sensitivity has nothing to do with a picture a dog.

"This seems to be a complaint based on culture rather than religion," Saeed, the SIF leader, said.

"Dogs can be used to hunt or farm, or even as guide dogs for the blind," a member of Dundee-based Al-Maktoum Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies agreed.

"I would not say a picture of a dog is offensive, but people have different sensibilities and different limits."

Islam forbids Muslims to keep dogs as pets. However it is permissible to have a dog for legitimate benefits such as hunting or guarding.

Uproar

Muslim homeowners and local businesses were asked to display the ad to calm the uproar.

The controversy has already caused uproar, especially after the Tayside Police decision to scrap the dog promotion.

"We did not seek advice from the force’s diversity adviser prior to publishing and distributing the postcards," a spokesman for the Police force said.

"That was an oversight and we apologize."

Local newspapers said that Muslim-owned shops were rejecting the advert due to the puppy's picture, triggering angry reactions from people across the region.

"Tayside Police may be forced to spend valuable funds on changing the postcard they have produced to advertise their new non-emergency phone number because a certain section of the community consider a dog to be dirty," Steve Ross, a resident of Fleming Gardens, told The Courier.

"Just let’s get on with our lives and preserve British culture."

"This story is absolutely unbelievable—what wrong have the police done?" another resident told the paper.

"How can anyone find an image of a dog offensive? Absolutely no apology is necessary."

But Muslims refuted the reports that the community is showing rejection for the picture to be displayed in shops or public places.

Mahmud Sarwar, trustee of the Scottish Islamic and Cultural Centre and the Dura Street mosque, called on homeowners and local businesses to display the ad in the public interest.

"I’ve not heard anything about that from members of the community," Sarwar told The Courier.

"I was round some shops today and at the mosque and nobody has said anything about it."

Mr Sarwar said that religious sensitivities would prevent displaying the postcard on a building of religious significance but there was nothing to stop them being displayed in shops.

"There is not a dog—it is just a picture."

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Salam
thanks for posting this info I was just about to. Dogs are ok in Islam just not in the home, etc... But not everyone knows the condition and everyone is getting so upset and it is just a picture my point exactly. I think sister dianek has said alot of controversy post so know everything she says people jump on it. I disagree with her on alot of things but I do not think she was trying to cause a problem here just more so say it is ridiculous not the whole religion itself but more so the extent some are taking it. I know when it comes to Islam and some are wrong we jump all over the people she just commented on the article the same as when we muslims post about Christains we all have comments and some of the things posted about Christains does not apply to what all Christains believe because I used to be one. Dont anyone take this wrong because I am muslim and I love Islam but the Dianek said she is not belonging to one faith. Maybe she did not give up on Islam but is still searching to determine if this is what she wants or not. To still have the option open to search is good for her because if she says she is muslim and does not believe that does not help her because she still will not be muslim. Everyone know to be muslim you must believe. I think everyone is upset at her post. But remember everyone this sister is still on TTI for one reason or another. Maybe to still seek knowledge. I do agree she needs to read Quran in its entirety because she said she has not but lets not take everything she says out of context because now we are not fully understand her. Also, I do not think we need to keep saying she is not Muslim I think everyone has gotten that. Also everyone he is not muslim. Muslim or not people will have questions and concerns so we need to answer them the best we know how and provide fatwa and daleel like the post I quoted. As well as updated information regarding this subjects. If dianek said she is a non-muslim then we need to treat her as such and expalin throughly so she can get the same information as anybody else we are trying to help achieve the knowledge of Islam. Being she was new to Islam maybe alot of things might not make sense to her because she doesnt have all the information needed but pertaining to this post maybe I missed something because to me it was a tad ridiculous. But I also know all muslims do not think like this because of the knowledge they know about this particular situation. The thing is 1 muslim or a few is not all. So one persons views do not speak for the whole community. I think that is the point we can all take from this and the info in the previous post about the dog. Also remember when a person converts of course they will not know everything but if they believe they will accept Allah and the messenger and what was ordained by Allah and what was commanded through his messenger. Of course questions will always arise lets get them the correct information not to cause confusion.

Salam Amirah80

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

JazakAllahu khayran brother Meraj,
I too was trying to point out the same thing that the others who refuted the news amongst the scotish muslims were not mentioned in the first news and we really shouln'd blame it on the whole community when we don't know if it was really the opinion of the community or just one man just like we should even try to see good soldiers amongst the US army :SMILY259:

shahul

Dear sister,
Please try to study islam from their right source. Muslims may make mistakes, but islam is the religion of the mankind. It teaches everything.
sister, there are many sources that teach islam in a proper way.
irf.net. i recomment this site. God bless us all.
wa ssalam

dianek

Salam
thanks for posting this info I was just about to. Dogs are ok in Islam just not in the home, etc... But not everyone knows the condition and everyone is getting so upset and it is just a picture my point exactly. I think sister dianek has said alot of controversy post so know everything she says people jump on it. I disagree with her on alot of things but I do not think she was trying to cause a problem here just more so say it is ridiculous not the whole religion itself but more so the extent some are taking it. I know when it comes to Islam and some are wrong we jump all over the people she just commented on the article the same as when we muslims post about Christains we all have comments and some of the things posted about Christains does not apply to what all Christains believe because I used to be one. Dont anyone take this wrong because I am muslim and I love Islam but the Dianek said she is not belonging to one faith. Maybe she did not give up on Islam but is still searching to determine if this is what she wants or not. To still have the option open to search is good for her because if she says she is muslim and does not believe that does not help her because she still will not be muslim. Everyone know to be muslim you must believe. I think everyone is upset at her post. But remember everyone this sister is still on TTI for one reason or another. Maybe to still seek knowledge. I do agree she needs to read Quran in its entirety because she said she has not but lets not take everything she says out of context because now we are not fully understand her. Also, I do not think we need to keep saying she is not Muslim I think everyone has gotten that. Also everyone he is not muslim. Muslim or not people will have questions and concerns so we need to answer them the best we know how and provide fatwa and daleel like the post I quoted. As well as updated information regarding this subjects. If dianek said she is a non-muslim then we need to treat her as such and expalin throughly so she can get the same information as anybody else we are trying to help achieve the knowledge of Islam. Being she was new to Islam maybe alot of things might not make sense to her because she doesnt have all the information needed but pertaining to this post maybe I missed something because to me it was a tad ridiculous. But I also know all muslims do not think like this because of the knowledge they know about this particular situation. The thing is 1 muslim or a few is not all. So one persons views do not speak for the whole community. I think that is the point we can all take from this and the info in the previous post about the dog. Also remember when a person converts of course they will not know everything but if they believe they will accept Allah and the messenger and what was ordained by Allah and what was commanded through his messenger. Of course questions will always arise lets get them the correct information not to cause confusion.

Salam Amirah80

Thank you Amirah80 for understanding me and your take on my original post is EXACTLY my point...I am sorry if I don't communicate it well...and I forget there is somewhat a loss in translation as for many of you here English is a second language. And you all do think I am always insulting and I am not...but you are quick to jump about on Christians and Americans for this or that, but fail to see where those amongst yourselves can be equally facist about faith....

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
I am happy that the topic ends here and our sister is satisfied by sister amirahs comments. But as most of the users have already recommended you to Read Quran. I say +1 for that don't be impatient take your time forget ahadeeth for the time being and see the beauty of quran.. If you are seeking the truth from within your heart you'll surely like it(there's no doubt about it) but if you are reading to criticize it, it won't help you. Read it slowly chapter wise.. And yeah READ THE BIBLE TOO.. As you said you've not explored deeply into religious texts(from your previous posts).

just trying to help.. Peace be upon you..

:wasalam:

Doris

"I say +1 for that don't be impatient take your time forget ahadeeth for the time being and see the beauty of quran.. "

re-think again dear muslim about your advise above. There is no Qur'an without hadith. Allah says: "Obey Allah and obey His Messenger." " What the Messeger gives you take it."

DON'T FORGET THE LEFT SIDE ANGEL.

inam1971

Seems really redicullous when people have more compassion to dogs compared to Ahadeeth of Prophet :saw:

they have time to search, read and share such news but dont want to contemplate on sayings of our beloved Prophet :saw:

ظَهَرَ ٱلۡفَسَادُ فِى ٱلۡبَرِّ وَٱلۡبَحۡرِ بِمَا كَسَبَتۡ أَيۡدِى ٱلنَّاسِ لِيُذِيقَهُم بَعۡضَ ٱلَّذِى عَمِلُواْ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَرۡجِعُونَ (٤١)
Al-RoomCorruption doth appear on land and sea because of (the evil) which men's hands have done, that He may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return. (41)

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Doris brother i didn't tell her to forget ahadeeth completely. As she said in one of her previous post that ahadeeth are hard to digest, i thought if she sees the beauty of islam in the quran.. she'll definitely turn to ahadeeth if not sooner than later.
:wasalam: