Getting to know one another!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome I hope this post finds all my brothers and sisters at TTI in good health an Iman.

I thought it might be fun to start a Question/Answer type thread and see if we can get to know each other a little better. I will post some questions and you can copy and paste into your message box then answer the ones you want to answer and skip the ones you think are too personal or maybe you just dont feel like answering them. Nobody will be upset if you dont answer. :SMILY129:

So keep your answers as light or as deep as you wish because this is all in fun. Lets get started.....

1. Share with us one of your earliest childhood memories.
2. Share your happiest experience you can remember with your mother.
3. Share your saddest experience you can remember with your mother.
4. Share your happiest experience you can remember with your father.
5. Share your saddest experience you can remember with your father.
6. Do you have a favorite person in your family? If so who (be general i.e. Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother etc.)
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What food could you eat every single day and never get tired of it?
9. If someone told you that your best friend was badmouthing you behind your back what would you do about it?
10. Have you ever flat out refused to eat something just because of the way that it looked or smelled?
11. What is the one thing you are most afraid of and why?
12. Do you dream in color or black and white?
13. Have you ever had a recurring dream?
14. If you were given the opportunity to learn another language other than your own which one would you choose?
15. If you were offered to have one wish come true but only ONE what would you wish? (think very carefully about this one).
16. If you could sit and talk with one person in history who would that person be?
17. If you were given the opportunity to ask our beloved Prophet Muhammed (SAW) one question what would you ask him? Remember you are only allowed ONE question.
18. When you get angry or frustrated what method do you use most to calm yourself down?
19. What is your favorite animal? (not necessarily a pet but it can be)
20. If Allah were to ask you what you did today to benefit your soul what would your answer be?

There you have it. Answer what you want and dont answer anything if it makes you uncomfortable. Oh yeah.......sorry about that last question I know its rather deep but I thought it would be good to make us all think about what we did today and I speak to myself before I speak to anyone else.

This is supposed to be all in fun and a way of getting to know each other better so please have fun with it.

Wa salam

sliver

1. My earliest childhood memory would me being taught about Allah and the Prophets
2. All talks I have with my mother has to be it.
3. no comment
4. All the things he has taught me and is going to teach me.
5. No sad experience yet
6. Uncle
7. Red and sometimes Blue
8. Dont know about food but Pepsi would be it.
9. I would ask my friend if he was badmouthing me if not than I have no way if disproving his claim.
10. Yes, Some chinese food
11. Lack of knowledge is what am afraid that someone will asked me a question that is answerable but I will not know it.
12. Full of color dreams
13. Yes
14. If I had the opportunity to learn another language it would me ARABIC and I'll say it again ARABIC
15. If were speaking earthly wish then to someday have a chance to go to Hajj. If were speaking Hereafter then it would be for my prayers to be accepted
16. I would talk with Prophet Muhammed(SAW)
17. Simple and explicitly How did you do it?
18. Really don't know how to calm my self down so I just try not to get angry.
19. Jaguar and a Hawk
20. aside from doing salat it would have to answering these questions.

Valerie

I just love quizzes :)

1. Answering the phone and my dad telling me that I had a little sister. I was 4.
2. Hugging my mom when she came home from work. She worked at a hospital and her hair was covered with snowflakes. I met her at the door. So many happy moments though :)
3. Watching my mom cry and not being able to say anything to comfort her.
4. Riding my bike for the first time. He held onto the back of it while I pedaled. When I realized he had let go I fell off :)
5. Seeing my dad cry when he lost his job. He never knew I saw that.
6. Tough question. I would say my maternal grandmother. She had a garden and I used to go out with her in the morning to pick fruit and veggies.
7. Black. Or green. Or blue. Or whatever mood I'm in that day :)
8. Potatoes. Or stir fry.
9. Talk to my best friend. We're not best friends unless we're honest with each other. I'd be careful how I brought it up though.
10. I don't think so. I think I've refused to eat something when I was told what it was :)
11. Having someone hate or misunderstand me. I'm just terrified of it.
12. Color
13. Probably. I can't remember though :)
14. ALL of them. Well, top of my list would be Arabic, Spanish, French, Italian.
15. I wish I could cure a disease or build peace in the middle east. But I wouldn't want anyone to know it is me. I would just want it to happen.
16. I would want to talk to Jesus and get the real story from the man himself.
17. I would ask him to outline very clearly how he feels women should be treated and their role in society.
18. Pray.
19. Dolphin
20. I prayed :)

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum sister, nice to meet you. Nice thread also. Nice questions. Nice feeling mashalah. May Allah protect u there. :)

---- i remember that i saw a flying rooster

---- she gave me permission to do 'umrah

---- when he was playing with us as if he was the smallest among us

6. Do you have a favorite person in your family? If so who (be general i.e. Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother etc.)
---- my eldest sister

---- brown

---- hmm.. i cant remember :D

9. If someone told you that your best friend was badmouthing you behind your back what would you do about it?
---- i will not believe the person who told this to me

10. Have you ever flat out refused to eat something just because of the way that it looked or smelled?
---- yes

---- my sins.

---- colorful dreams :D

---- yes

14. If you were given the opportunity to learn another language other than your own which one would you choose?
---- (1) arabic! i want to speak like native,,inshalah

15. If you were offered to have one wish come true but only ONE what would you wish? (think very carefully about this one).
---- i wish Allah has forgiven me and pleased with me

16. If you could sit and talk with one person in history who would that person be?
---- Muhammad (peace be upon him)

17. If you were given the opportunity to ask our beloved Prophet Muhammed (SAW) one question what would you ask him? Remember you are only allowed ONE question.
---- i will ask him to pray for me that Allah will forgive me and make me among those who are righteous (ameen)

18. When you get angry or frustrated what method do you use most to calm yourself down?
---- i will go to surf internet (TTI for e.g.) or if it's too severe i will just sleep

---- cat

20. If Allah were to ask you what you did today to benefit your soul what would your answer be?
---- only Allah knows :)

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Cool thread:D

> wow there a lot:p lol..... umm yeah the day when i 1st when to school:D
> many many many infact all da tyms spent with her are the best alhamdulilah:D
> none that i can think of .....:O
> :lol: :p too many bt i remember when once we hanged out 2gether and :cool: had so much fun :D
> ummm idk? there isnt any :D
> my grandfather....
> Black and blue....
> well if i had to eat that food evry day :lol: i wud get tired ov it:p so i cant think of any ;)
> I'd say i cant judge wht u said is true unless and until i hear my bestfrnd's side of the story too:D for all i knw that person cud be jus lying:p
> ummm naw rarely happens like very rare :p
> to make a mistake and not realize it......
> naw :lol: they always colorful:D
> maybe.........:p
> umm arabic and french :D
> i'd wish there was peace everywhere....
> wow umm idk :D
> I'd ask him to make same dua fr me as @almanar said :)
> think things over, take a deep breathe and try to think from other's point of view.... or talk to a friend :D
> cats♥ ;)
> prayers.......

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Ans: The day my mom gave birth to her second child, my sister. :) I was only 5 then.

Ans: There are a lot. Cannot specify one.

Ans: Indeed there are many. The day which I fist went with dad to catch fish without knowing mom, and brought home a Jack at the length from ground to my chest, on myself at the age of 6. Yeah dad and me was happy and mom was..........eheh. Because you guess what? I was wearing the new shoes bought for Eid. :D That makes me smile every time I remember that even now.

Ans: The day my dad called me by my real name for the first time, in anger rather than "oh son!", "my son". "son" etc. I never remember he called me by name and yeah I started crying immediately because I was so hurt and that's when I was 15.

Ans: No one except my lovely mom and dad.

Ans: Green.

Ans: Umm....some local foods.

Ans: I will be 1000 times more careful with the person who told that to me, and will ask for proof and if he cant show that, I will stop trusting him.

Ans: Sure.

Ans: Show-Off in my deeds. Because it is something that is in between the acceptation of our Deeds with Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala). O Allah! Prevent us from al-Riyaa.

Ans: Colour.

Ans: Yes I did.

Ans: Arabic.

Ans: To enter me into paradise without a Hisaab. Because the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said. "Man 'Hoosiba 'Udhdhib". (The one who got Hisaab, has got 'Azaab).

Ans: My most beloved person who set foot on the face of the earth. Yeah Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).

Ans: What should I do to make you happy O Prophet?

Ans: Think about Allah's watching over us.

Ans: Cat.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome. I think I need to answer too as someone posted. :shymuslima1:

Share with us one of your earliest childhood memories.
Seeing my mothers ceramic bird talk to me in English when I was very sick with fever.
She used to work until very late into the night and every night she would come home and check on us. I remember her brushing the hair off my forehead.
Whenever she would get angry with me. I didnt like to make her mad.
My parents divorced when I was 8 years old and I went to live with him for a year when I was 10 years old. He bought me my first bike.
The day he told me he was moving to California and leaving me behind.
My younger sister. Shes always been there for me.
Purple
Well its not really a food but it would have to be chocolate!
I would ask my friend about it and then get both people together so that my friend could confront that person in front of me.
Yes actually many things. If its not pretty and doesnt smell good it wont get past my lips!
Being a hypocrite and not knowing that I am. Quran says (and Im not quoting) - "We will make their deeds seem pleasing to them." That is my biggest fear.
I think in color because usually my dreams are very real.
Not that I know of.
Arabic so I am able to read Quran in the language it was written.
For my children to be among the believers and embrace Islam.
Jesus.
If he ever had a doubt. I would ask this because at times in Quran Allah is talking directly to the Prophet (SAW) telling him not to doubt his work. It made me curious.
I have to talk it over with someone and get it out or I will brood on it for a long time.
Lion
I prayed and I made this thread to make others smile inshallah.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Because the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said. "Man 'Hoosiba 'Udhdhib". (The one who got Hisaab, has got 'Azaab).

Assalamualaikum Bro IbnAdam, can u specify which Hadith bro? This is new to me and it scares me. Thank you.

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
When my mum sent me to masjid when i was about 10 years old and i became so interested in Islam. I came home one day from a lesson in masjid about prayer (this was when i was 10 years old) and that very day i told myself that i will begin to pray and all with the Blessing of the Most-High i started my journey as a muslim

When i passed my exams LOL mum was very happy=)

When my mum begins to cry=( May Allah grant all mothers Jannah Aameen.

When i accepted to marry=)

When my dad began to cry=(

My sister=)

Black,Grey,Deep turquoise

BIRIYAANIII FOR SURE!!

I know my best friend wouldn't do that, so i wouldn't believe them

LOL yehh HAHA,i know it was bad of me

Jinns,i think because of the stories i hear about them

I don't know =\

One too many times

ARABIC and maybe french

To die in sujood

Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Even if i wanted to ask him a Q, by seeing his face i would be speechless

Read/listen to the Qur'aan and sometimes i listen to nasheeds

CATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS=)

umm..that i did my salah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum wr wb

hehe sis LOL nice thread its like ur own personal interview :D

i cant pick one lol all those pranks i played sneaking out of the house with my cousins lol staying up all night, making everyne laugh, lol honestly way too many, but the best memory is when all the loved one got together.

everyday, starting from the good morning hug to the good night duas and hug.
funniest experience would be teaching my mom how to drive and freaking out lol

hmm i dont know, they are not sad just emotional moments

:lol: when my dad made me go to somewhere, i wasn't too happy :lol: and we played cricket there. I hit him 6 sixes (score) on all 6 of his balls :lol: he wasn't too happy. Revenge of the son LOL

:lol: cant think of any lol maybe when he told me to study and i make the saddest face of all and he was there too lol

All my aunts and uncle on my mom side sorry cant pick one LOL :p *warning* can lead to arguement who i love more :lol:

Depends, mostly Green and black

Beef! i love beef lol, just has to be cooked differently thou

:lol: idk lol hasn't happened so far ... but im sure i wud be dissappointed but never happened so idk

YEP! lobster! and some other sea food ... cant believe people actually eat somethings ....

Losing someone you love, cuz it leaves an empty space inside that no one can fill

always color lol too colorful if u ask me

Many many many lol its like a Pakistani drama sometimes lol ik episode after another lol continuing from where i left :p sometime even recaps :lol:

Arabic and Perfect my punjabi :D

Allah (swt) bless me and all my loved ones with Jannat ul firdous - ameen
its my dua always

Our nabi (peace be upon hiim)

how to be the best among his Ummah in the eyes of Allah (swt) and his nabi (Peace be Upon him) not this duniya.

I remind myself anger is a sign of a kaffir and when your angry shaitaan is running in ur blood, and Allah (swt) doesn't show mercy to people who dont show mercy to others, it cool me down Alhumdulilah i rarely get mad :)

Tigers! very fascinating and fast, but realistically speaking cat :) i love having cats lol

ALl my deeds are for Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) only, he knows my heart and i ask for his forgiveness , so Allah (swt) will know best.
If he is merciful, my small prayer can be a source for Jannah, if i dont get his mercy my life long ibadah is mere dust.

=) nice im done hehe
May Allah (swt) bless you sister and everyone (including me) with best of this duniya and aakhira - ameen

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
cool thread sister:)
okay here's mine

hmm i think making shadow figures with my father.must have been 3-4 something like that.

lol just recently!!how she jumped after i kissed her feet on a sudden inspiration that my jannah lies there:pshe gave me the looks of "you okay" and then we laughed so hard :lol:

well i was 6 yrs old i think.my father told me something about my mother just by the way of joke.....and i went to tell her :"my father said you didn't wanted me when i was a baby".i still remember the pure look of pain and embarrassment on her face as she smiled and said:"he's pulling your leg"........*sigh* i wish i can change that.go back and sew my mouth:(!!

lol you want one i got many:p.......okay i got one to top them all:D:my father is very playful,painfully playful to say it correctly.i remember all of us were so happy when i discovered his weakness.he had his arms around me and i was suppose to break free.i did everything.but he said:"looks like someone is losing:p".and he tickled me:pi dunno i just extended my fingers in his direction to tickel him and he jumped and let me go:lol:i told everyone he's very TICKLISH and we all attacked him together:ppoor paps!!!:lol:

don't know.i think the same as my moms.wish i never believe him*sigh*.

tough one,can't say:)!!there is a tie between my maternal uncle,grand ma and aunty

everyone knows:)green and white!!

potato CHIPSss!!!:p,have them almost everyday:pstill want more........

firstly i won't believe it inshallah.but if it happens then nothing!!can't force someone to talk good about me now can I??think i'd pray i don't become like that.yeah that's all i'd do inshallah:)

erm no i don't remember doing that!!

ALLAH's wrath....think it's obvious why!!

colorsss lol,i don't remember a black and white dream:)

once or twice!!other then that never!!there is always a variety of things to dream about so yeah it's like a unique one everytime:D

Arabic.coz i need it and i'm pretty poor at it*sigh*

ALLAH's compleeeeeeeeeeeete pleasure for me and everyone i love,here and hereafter.may ALLAH grant it to us all.ameen

if i can overcome my embarrassment of how weak i am then our prophet:saw:i fear he won't be happy with what i am:(!!

i would ask him:saw:if I could visit him in jannah to ask all the Questions i have for him:)

can't say much.....mostly try to be alone or go watch my face in the mirror and take a good laugh at how funny i look:p

oh now that's one of my favourite Qs but the answer...it'a always a tie...okay i like tigers(all sorts of leapords,tigers cheetas included:p).they are cool.got personality lol......well i like wild basically.somebody had a good laugh at me coz i had the word TIGRESS in my pevious email addy:lol:pretty funny i'd say....don't see what that person had against tigers*sigh*

the deed that has been accepted:)

jazakallah khairan sister.....it was fun:)!!

Miss Aaliyah

Assalamo alaykom,

Fun :)

I think when I was around 5 or 6 years old and I dropped a candy in the ground outdoors, I took it up and ate it anyway and my sister who is 2 years older than me said "Ewwww that's disgusting! Hey did you see what she did, she dropped it in the ground and took it up and ATE it!!". Lol.

I can't remember anything right now.

When me, my sister and brother had been fighting too much and my mum was depressed and just cried all day and said she wished she never got us children...I still remember how bad I felt for it.

I can't remember anything right now.

The saddest I'm still trying to forget and don't want to write here.

My sister.

White, black, brown and green.

French fries lol...so unhealthy as something can be. So pretend like I didn't say that and I will answer red apples instead.

I've already been through that so many times so I don't consider anyone my best friend anymore. I have my sisters, and I have some nonMuslim friends. And two weeks ago I got to know a friend backbites me and I was sighing and said "What a surprise!". But I pretend like nothing and just keep living, whatever happens is up to Allah swt.

Yes lol... But not so much anymore, it was when I was younger. Now I always try before I say no. Except if someone gave me brains or organs from animals...

Hell, explanation unnecessary.

Most of the times in colour, sometimes in black and white.

Yes, and pretty scary dreams too unfortunately...

Arabic, I'm learning it right now but I would like some professional help IRL.

My laziness to be totally gone.

The prophet Mohammad (saaws).

If I could ask the prophet Mohammad (saaws) I would ask him what he would suggest me to do to forget my past before I became a Muslim.

Say "Aodho bilahi minash shaytanir rajeem" as many times as I need to control my anger and then take deep breaths and sit down. I don't become very angry often, but with my family it happens sometimes when I can't stand their ignorance towards Islam...

Horses. I rode from I was 10 to 17 years old, and I miss it a lot today.

Salah.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalamualaikum Bro IbnAdam, can u specify which Hadith bro? This is new to me and it scares me. Thank you.

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sister

I have heard that Hadith many times from a local Sheikh who is one of my favorite too. I also cannot specify the hadith's information here because I do not remember he said all the information in his talks.

However, inshaAllah I will try to get information about that Hadith and if I manage to get it, then I will inshaAllah provide it for you.

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) make us among the people who are successful, and make us among the knowledgeable. Ameen.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh