Girls's Jealous

theonlystar

:salam2:

i need to know what all girls's natural jealous of ?

and is natural jealous haraam?

i am newly married and my wife is jealous of someone

for example:

She is jealous of my sister in law's new clothes.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalamualikum
I don't know about the rest of the girls, but me I am not jealous of anything. Well I try not to be.
It is forbidden to be Jealous, as far as I know.:astag:
Shaytan tries to create Jealousy, I have heard Allah doesn't like Jealous people.
But being jealous of clothes sounds draft to me.
But most girls naturally do get jealous of clothes, beauty,love, and if some one has more attention or wealth.
But not all girls are like that I think minority are.
We shouldn't be jealous, we should be happy with what Allah has blessed us with, as Allah has given us bounty without measure.
So I thank Allah for every thing good and bad.:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Envy and jealousy are normal human emotions. They are part of our lower nature. We have to learn to get rid of them. Why are there wars? The grass is always greener on the other side.
Satisfaction is the cure for envy and greed. You have to learn to thank Allah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Preconceived Ideas & Bias!

Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

You are newly married and starting a new life together.

The worst thing YOU can do is to have Preconceived Ideas & Bias about your wife, even if the sisters reply to say that they are jealous of someone wearing nice clothes or someone having more money that DOES NOT mean that your wife will be the same!

Start your life with an honest heart and open mind and you will see the blessings of Allah (SWT) in your relationship.

Take the NEGATIVE out of your heart and mind....Your wife is the BEST person and the MOST suited to YOU and you two will be very happy (forever & ever), Insha’Allah

AMEEN YA RABBAL A'ALAMEEN!

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Asalamualikum
I don't know about the rest of the girls, but me I am not jealous of anything. Well I try not to be.
It is forbidden to be Jealous, as far as I know.:astag:

salaam alikom

Jealousy is not haraam forbiden, but too much of it is not good for any one.

Question
I assume that feelings of jealousy should be contained and limited because of the potentially harmful affects. I always felt that feeling jealous is linked to insecurity and that one who is truly one with Allah and Islam, would not feel jealousy, or would at least fight the feeling. However, I have read several Hadith involving the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and I can see that feelings of jealousy were very common, particularly concerning the Prophets wife, Aisha. With that in mind, what can we conclude about this fiery emotion?
Thanks!

Answer
Asalamu aleykum

Jealousy is part of human nature. Here are several good discussions of it:

Islam Questions & Answers
www.islam-qa.com
Question Reference Number:: 39686
Title: Why did Sarah feel jealous of Hajar even though she was a woman of such righteousness and virtue?

Question:

When Hajar gave birth to Ismaeel (upon him be peace) was Sarah jealous of her? If so why would a noble lady like Sarah get jealous? Is her jealousy the reason why Ibraheem (upon him be peace) was ordered to send Hajar and Ismaeel (upon him be peace) to the desert?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

A woman's jealousy towards her co-wives is something that is entirely natural, and it is not something that only some women feel and not others. Hence she will not be called to account for it unless she transgresses the limits and lets it lead to wronging her sister, which is something that Allaah has forbidden, by backbiting or spreading gossip or demanding the divorce of her co-wife or plotting against her and so on.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Basically, jealousy is natural and is not something that only some women feel and not others, but if a woman oversteps the mark then she is to be blamed. The guideline concerning that is the hadeeth which was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Ateek al-Ansaari, who attributed it to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There is a kind of jealousy which Allaah loves, and a kind which Allaah hates. As for the kind of jealousy which Allaah loves, it is jealousy when there are grounds for suspicion. And as for the kind of jealousy which Allaah hates, it is jealousy when there are no grounds for suspicion.”

Classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Irwa', 7/80.

So jealousy on the part of the husband and wife, if it is of the type that is part of human nature which no woman is free from, then it is excused, so long as she does not overstep the mark and do or say anything that Allaah has forbidden. This is the way in which the reports from the salaf which speak of women's jealousy are to be understood.

Fath al-Baari, 9/326.

Ibn Muflih (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Al-Tabari and other scholars said: Jealousy on the part of women is to be overlooked and they are not to be punished for it because it is part of their nature.

Al-Adaab al-Shar'iyyah, 1/248

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, commenting on the hadeeth which describes ‘Aa'ishah breaking the vessel of one of her co-wives:

They – i.e., all those who commented on this hadeeth – said: this indicates that the jealous women is not to be taken to task for what she does, because in that case her reasoning is overshadowed by the strong anger that was provoked by jealousy. Abu Ya'la narrated from ‘Aa'ishah with an isnaad with which there is nothing wrong a marfoo' report which says: “A jealous woman cannot tell the bottom of the valley from its top.” Fath al-Baari, 9/325

The jealousy that occurred on the part of the best of women is something which no one can avoid, and they will not be taken to ask for it because it is not an action that transgresses the laws of Allaah.

The jealousy that Sarah felt towards Hajar comes under this heading. For a woman to ask her husband not to let her see her co-wife and not to make her live with her is something that cannot be denounced. It should be noted that the scholars said that Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) is the one who took Hajar and her son away, and Sarah did not ask for that.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

And it is said that Sarah was intensely jealous, so Ibraaheem took Ismaa'eel and his mother to Makkah because of that.

Fath al-Baari, 6/401

This is also indicated by the words of Hajar: “O Ibraaheem, will you go and leave us in this valley in which there are no people and nothing?” She said that to him several times, and he did not answer her. Then she said to him: “Is it Allaah Who has commanded you to do this?” He said: “Yes.” She said: “Then He will not forsake us.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3184.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When what happened between Ibraaheem and his wife happened, he went out with Hajar and Ismaa'eel, carrying a skin full of water…. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3185.

Al-Haafiz said:

The words of Ibn ‘Abbaas – “When what happened between Ibraaheem and his wife happened” - “his wife” refers to Sarah and “what happened” refers to Sarah's jealousy when Haajar bore Ismaa'eel.

Fath al-Baari, 6/407

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom,

I think there are two kinds of jealousy; positive and negative.

Positive jealousy is when we feel it towards good things that pleases Allah like getting beneficial knowledge and having a fortune that we spend as charity. In such case jealousy is important as it urges us to compete in doing good deeds.

Negative jealousy is a kind of heart diseases . It can be cured by occupying our heart with contentment, satisfaction and knowledge.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalamualikum Brother MrMuslim,
JAK for the post, I was quite confused too, that's what I meant extreme Jealousy is hatered, which harms others.
May Allah protect us from that kind of Jealousy. Ameen

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

I'd be jealous if my husband went to Syria without me......lol j/k that would never happen or else :SMILY32:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam to all...
I think jealousy is very dangerous .And in my opinion it mostly occurs among women.To be jelous because of clothes in my opinion is rediculous....
wasalam

dianne

Salam,
I am jealous of the ppl who praying on time,which is cant make it bcoz im on the meeting.

I am jealous of the ppl who can qhatam quran real soon,which i cant make it coz i have to go to the office,after work i took care of the kids & doing housework.

I am jealous of the ppl who can go to the mosque for pray jamaah,which i cant make it bcoz my husband still working.

I am jealous of the ppl who can fasting on ramadhan (last year),which i cant make it bcoz of my pregnancy.

I am jealous of the ppl who can attend for ceramah/assembly/khutbah,which i cant make it coz i have to do my paperwork.:tti_sister:

happy 2 b muslim

Lool all girls get jealous for no reason and some thing over small thing, i get jealous when i see some one that had past me in quran or more knowlegdable i wish best for them but most girls jealousy is more like i wish i was in her shoes thats all.

ws love the ummah for the sake of allah
may we all unity under thaweed :tti_sister: inshallah

allah knows best....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

To sister jabba...that is not being jealous...you are in love!...you need to be near your beloved.
to the rest...we can all try harder and sometimes we have to fogvie our shortcomings to go forward.

amatullah sajida

i guess that jealousy is so bad, but anything have a limit where it turns bad.

jealousy and here we have to be aware that it is not envy and not withing harm for people who are better or so.

the jealousy i mean is when a person look up for being better, somewhat ambicous.

i myself donot like this feeling, because it can turn easily by shaytan to a bad feeling like envy or so.

a muslim should be ambicous by his own mind, donot wait to see others who are better, to work hard,

working hard and being as good as a person can is a very important thing in islam.

i know that the context of what i am writing is not so relevant to the original post, but i think that being jealous from clothes or such things is not a prefered feeling, it can readily turn to something so damaging to the muslims faith and soul,
so my brother u can tell ur wife that every body have his own Rizq and a person should be thankful to allah for all what allah gives, so that allah would give u more and better in shaa allah.

sorry for writing too much and thanks

abdellah007

salam

salam alaykum brother

am not a girl but i prefer to buy her the similar clothes and make her happy ,if it s aonly about clothes it is still ok. praise allah she is not jealous of a car or something presious lol

firdeus

Salam alaikum sister,

I don't have handy the hadith, maybe our brothers and sisters will help, but I have read that this type of jealosy you described to yourself is the only one jealosy liked by Allah teaala. It is also a verse of Quran that states something similar but I couldn't locate exactly.

Anyway, that jealosy will only make you strive for good deeds.

:salam2: :hijabi:

Salam,
I am jealous of the ppl who praying on time,which is cant make it bcoz im on the meeting.

I am jealous of the ppl who can qhatam quran real soon,which i cant make it coz i have to go to the office,after work i took care of the kids & doing housework.

I am jealous of the ppl who can go to the mosque for pray jamaah,which i cant make it bcoz my husband still working.

I am jealous of the ppl who can fasting on ramadhan (last year),which i cant make it bcoz of my pregnancy.

I am jealous of the ppl who can attend for ceramah/assembly/khutbah,which i cant make it coz i have to do my paperwork.:tti_sister: