Giving dawah to muslims

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
:salam2:

As an american student at a university in the states, I often meet saudi students who come here to study. Many of them i tutor and hang out with. However, one of my good friends is joining the wrong crowd and I'm not sure wht i should say to him. I won't expose his sins but they are pretty bad. What can i do to call him back to islam?

:jazaak:

spike.p

Salaams bro

All I can suggest is make dua for him, and be patient with him. Keep trying to stick around with him as a friend and speak to him about Allah to remind him.

boupj

I know these types of people, I have many friends like them, the best you can do is make dua for them, and though yoru friend may think he is having a good time now the lifestyle will wear on him and insha'Allah he will realise you are a true friend while the others they keep around for amusement.
Countries like Saudi Arabia, (and other Muslim countries) are nice because you don't face discrimination for being a Muslim and practicing Islam is easier, but in my experience it doesn't build very strong Imam in most cases, it is important that while they realize the west has great opportunities for education and employment the lifestyle is very negative.
I am a convert and most of my friends like this are from before I converted but seeing me practice my faith makes them feel so guilty, because they know what they should be doing. The best form of dawah is your actions and words, Insha'Allah your friend will notice.

brother4ever

Brother Khalid
I want to know few things u belongs to which parts of States & did u ever attend any tableege ishtema ,ask any responsible person from markaz & request him to see ur froend ,if not find out the markaz or let me know I will give u the address & inshallah I hope u problem will solve

ALLAH HAFIZ

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid

I am from Toledo Ohio. and im sorry brother but i don't know what tableege ishtema or markaz is. Unfortunatly, my friend is scared to go to the masjid because about 6 months ago the FBI had a "muslim"/agent come into the local islamic community and arrest 3 brothers on charges of terrorism. So he does not go to the masjid at all and for salaat al jummaa he goes to the salat on campus that is about 10 minutes long so students can go in between class then return to their studies. I'm not sure this brother knows that I know about his activity but it is obvious from the facebook website who his friends are and what he is doing. Should I tell him not to hang out with those people?

When he first met me and went to the masjid with me he cryed on the way home because almost everyone in the masjid is american and we all have beards (not like that matters alot) and everyone was studying Qu'ran and he had just shaved that day and he said he felt bad for abandoning his islamic roots. I'm sad to say that it seems like he forgot about that night.

:jazaak: :wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Foreign students!

W-Salam,

Foreign students; particularly from Arab countries (Saudi & Kuwaiti et al) are notorius in the campuses in the West & lets just leave it at that!

When I was in university (& not practising) I thumped a few in my days due to sheer arrogance that some of these foreign students display.

Apart from being a student we also had a family catering business; where we supplied food to some of the embassies for these "students" & I couldn't beleive what they got upto!; although I was not practising myself and was active in the game but it was still shocking.

Akhi! Like anyone else you should reason with the brother, invite him towards Sunnah with good morals, exemplary manners and wise council

& above all

Make dua for him.

We have all been through that age & its hard to accept someone's advice

As an american student at a university in the states, I often meet saudi students who come here to study. Many of them i tutor and hang out with. However, one of my good friends is joining the wrong crowd and I'm not sure wht i should say to him. I won't expose his sins but they are pretty bad. What can i do to call him back to islam?

:jazaak:

A

addan

hi bro

salamu alakum
hi bro in islam
the only wat i can say to u friend is not big tin so leafe him a lone
if u no leafe him tomorow u will be like him
so bro hung with people love allah {s h w}and love muslims
bro the people is not were thay come from if u sink people of saudi our other muslim country thay all good muslims no isnot.
the muslim stast and we have tast in here west.bro allah now good
and be a muslim is givety a d see the light is heart tast.so allah now as
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

Globalpeace

Banned
Sorry?

W-Salam Brother,

I am sorry but I didn't understand what you are saying?

Have I said anything wrong?

salamu alakum
hi bro in islam
bro the people is not were thay come from if u sink people of saudi our other muslim country thay all good muslims no isnot.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salamu alakum
hi bro in islam

I think what he mean is this :

Hi bro in islam

I give up...

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum wa rahmatallah
Arent there hadith that we are suppose to advise them gently and remind them of thier wrong doings? yes and of course make dua' and also leading by example ...anyone have the hadiths or know what I am talking about?