Gog and Magog..........

Thauban

Gog and Magog

The following is my opinion only, I don’t believe it to be true but I’m posting it as a light hearted relief to the question of Gog and Magog. Please feel free to delete this reply if it is upsetting or is fundamentally misleading. I ask Allah Subhana Wa T’ala to forgive me if I am saying anything wrong and am deviating from His Truth.

Yusuf Ali
And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have knowledge. 29:43 Surah Anka’but

Sahih International
It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. 3:7 Surah Ali Imran

The term Gog and Magog first appear in the Bible. In the Book of Ezekiel chapter 38 verse 2

"Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him “

After the Great Flood of Nuh (pbuh) his descendants spread out throughout the Earth. Prophet Nuh (pbuh) had three sons who were Shem, Ham and Japheth. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras. It was customary to name the lands they occupied with the name of the chieftain or the tribal leader. So they spread out from the Ark and all these lands became kingdoms and cities.

Then in the Book of Revelation chapter 20 verse 8 the following is revealed.

and shall go out to deceive the nations to the four quarters of the earth -- Gog andMagog -- to gather them together for battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The focus here has shifted to the End Times and they descend to cause havoc to the human race. My opinion here is that these people are the supporters of the dajjal who will fight Isa (pbuh) during the last days. Dajjal will be a Jew.

Qur'an

Sahih International
They said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in between us and them a barrier?" 18:94

I believe the story of Dhul Qarnayn to be a metaphor for what will happen in the future. The enemies of the true believers are held back (as in the Jews were destroyed by the Roman Empire in AD70 and the remnants spread out through Europe and now to America) and the dajjal will fight the believers near the End Times when Isa (pbuh) will descend from heaven to defeat him.

Sahih International
So Gog and Magog were unable to pass over it, nor were they able [to effect] in it any penetration. 18:97

The Jews are held back as in they not a force that can affect any influence. Their strength will rise slowly through time when they will rally other nations to their cause to fight the believers. The nation of Israel was created in 1948, and the biggest supporter of zionists today is the USA.

Sahih International
Until when [the dam of] Gog and Magog has been opened and they, from every elevation, descend. 21:96

To understand this verse we need to look at the preceding verse.

Sahih International
And there is prohibition upon [the people of] a city which We have destroyed that they will [ever] return. 21:95

As was previously stated Jerusalem and the nation of Israel was nearly wiped out by the Romans and the remnant who survived dispersed throughout the world. Therefore, near to the End Times there will be a rallying call by the dajjal for the Jews to fight the believers and bring havoc and destruction on a scale previously not seen or heard of. So my theory is that Gog and Magog refers to the Jews and the supporters of the dajjal near the End Times.

I hope you all had a good read.

muhammad sabri

:salam2:
Dear brother this is a free ebook pdf, no need to download about Gog and Magog and an interesting theory about them from sheikh imran hosein you can also search for Imran hosein gog and magog in youtube and find the book explanation hope it helps! :)

http://metaexistence.org/gog-magog.pdf

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRGkRJR0Ic"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRGkRJR0Ic[/ame]

:wasalam: and may Allah swt increase us all in knwoledge and love for Him and His beloved Prophet Muhammad saws :)

-Peace

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Gog and Magog

The following is my opinion only, I don’t believe it to be true but I’m posting it as a light hearted relief to the question of Gog and Magog. Please feel free to delete this reply if it is upsetting or is fundamentally misleading. I ask Allah Subhana Wa T’ala to forgive me if I am saying anything wrong and am deviating from His Truth.

Yusuf Ali
And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have knowledge. 29:43 Surah Anka’but

Sahih International
It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. 3:7 Surah Ali Imran

The term Gog and Magog first appear in the Bible. In the Book of Ezekiel chapter 38 verse 2

"Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him “

After the Great Flood of Nuh (pbuh) his descendants spread out throughout the Earth. Prophet Nuh (pbuh) had three sons who were Shem, Ham and Japheth. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras. It was customary to name the lands they occupied with the name of the chieftain or the tribal leader. So they spread out from the Ark and all these lands became kingdoms and cities.

Then in the Book of Revelation chapter 20 verse 8 the following is revealed.

and shall go out to deceive the nations to the four quarters of the earth -- Gog andMagog -- to gather them together for battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The focus here has shifted to the End Times and they descend to cause havoc to the human race. My opinion here is that these people are the supporters of the dajjal who will fight Isa (pbuh) during the last days. Dajjal will be a Jew.

Qur'an

Sahih International
They said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in between us and them a barrier?" 18:94

I believe the story of Dhul Qarnayn to be a metaphor for what will happen in the future. The enemies of the true believers are held back (as in the Jews were destroyed by the the dajjal near the End Times when Isa (pbuh) will descend from heaven to defeat him.

Sahih International
So Gog and Magog were unable to pass over it, nor were they able [to effect] in it any penetration. 18:97

The Jews are held back as in they not a force that can affect any influence. Their strength will rise slowly through time when they will rally other nations to their cause to fight the believers.

Sahih International
Until when [the dam of] Gog and Magog has been opened and they, from every elevation, descend. 21:96

To understand this verse we need to look at the preceding verse.

Sahih International
And there is prohibition upon [the people of] a city which We have destroyed that they will [ever] return. 21:95

As was previously stated Jerusalem and the nation of Israel was nearly wiped out by the Romans and the remnant who survived dispersed throughout the world. Therefore, near to the End Times there will be a rallying call by the dajjal for the Jews to fight the believers and bring havoc and destruction on a scale previously not seen or heard of. So my theory is that Gog and Magog refers to the Jews and the supporters of the dajjal near the End Times.

I hope you all had a good read.

Dear brother this is a free ebook pdf, no need to download about Gog and Magog and an interesting theory about them from sheikh imran hosein you can also search for Imran hosein gog and magog in youtube and find the book explanation hope it helps! :)

http://metaexistence.org/gog-magog.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRGkRJR0Ic

:wasalam: and may Allah swt increase us all in knwoledge and love for Him and His beloved Prophet Muhammad saws :)

-Peace

asalaam aleykum

thank you brothers,

The following is my opinion only,(that's by brother...Thauban)

and a video of sheikh Imrah Hosen is as An Islamic(his view)posted by brother muhammad sabri

To this i can can give a thumb up for brother ThauwabWHY because of "his' rather of the video nevertheless less it helps, Now coming to this let us say as a good chance so we can begin to discuss matters so many from both of us and whosoever likes to join )now or in future)

muhammad sabri

You're welcome dear but remember that in Islam it is forbidden to give fatwas egarding islamic matters based on opinion we are only allowed to talk about these matters(and in particul the matters regarding the invisible) ONLY by keeping strict to the Quran, the Sunnah and what the Good and Honest Imams tells us based on the first two. IT IS THEREFORE FORBIDDEN to gi ve out ''personal opinions '' in this particular case and i ope that my little reminder will reach you in the best of ways, may Allah swt forgive our sins grant ous tawba and increase our knowledge regarding His matters in the most halal and correct way to love Him more and get closer to Him for verily there is no God but Allah, :salam2:The loving One(al-Wadud) The One who grants Tawbah(al-Tawwab) :)
:wasalam: -Peace!

---AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST-

abjad

AlHamd Li'Laah
the hadith says 'buraq"

(17:1) Glory be to Him, Who transported His Servant one night from the Masjid-i-Haram to the distant Temple, whose surroundings We have blessed, so that we might show him some of Our Sings: the fact is that He alone is All-Hearing and All-Seeing.

::::::

ok let us talk....

as commonly known via various muftis and fatawis that it was "BURAK" the animal type which carried Nabiiyna MUhammad(s.a.w)

...My Opinion it was by BARK....as }LIGHTNING{

whats your input.

muhammad sabri

Did Prophet Muhammad (saws) say it was a ''lightning''? he didnt, and i think our beloved Prophet SURELY had the capacity of distinguishing a Buraq froma ''LIGHTNING'', this is why Allah swt describes these matters as GHAYB as \INVISIBLE\ if it was visible we woulnd't be here talking about it, do you understand what i mean :) wa jazakallahu khayran :)
:wasalam:

kalamazoo

Gog and Magog

thank you brother for accepting such a wander full offer and a reminder while i hope You kindly point out when you find am out of bounds with reasoning Ok !

Now let us go back to Juja wa Maajuja.

what lessons do we get from 'thul qarnaiyn' as a king of two horns = two ends(i hope)

Though he was powerful yet he instantly follow those teachings from the Lord;
as he stated lastly 'this wall will stand till when (Inshaa Allah) he can break it into pieces.
he dd without 'kharja' and this is as Ibadat..the question do we have such people? though they are now with abundant wealth.

(do good deeds by earning Allah's pleasure)

..adding we as present century Muslims have to be aware not just reciting Koran but who and how it is being put into practice.

thankk you

muhammad sabri

Dear brother you ask:'' do we have such people?''
i say Allah knows best BUT for sure the number of minor signs COULD lead to believe that juj wa majuj are out of the barrier and that's where i really suggest you to watch the video i posted because it is tooo long to talk and describe here! :)

..and you're welcome my beloved brother :)!

:wasalam:-Love

kalamazoo

about the video

very kind of you.

about the video, surely many many are now but i see that they miss the Major things
as we all know l that saying of Nabiina Muhammad (s.a.w) that

You do not kill them (remove them from power) as far as they say prayers and leave masjid intacts Yes,,you remember that?(Hadith)

Has there been any party (similar to the 'magicians, before Piraun) gathered to any square and reminded people that it is so and so and against our Umma?

kalamazoo

Did Prophet Muhammad (saws) say it was a ''lightning''? he didnt, and i think our beloved Prophet SURELY had the capacity of distinguishing a Buraq froma ''LIGHTNING'', this is why Allah swt describes these matters as GHAYB as \INVISIBLE\ if it was visible we woulnd't be here talking about it, do you understand what i mean :) wa jazakallahu khayran :)

wa aleykum salaam warahmatuLllah wa Barakatuhu.

brother please clear my mind and Inshaa Allah Subhaan wa Taala will give Ijra to both of us "amin'

do you a have a say about these images?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85937

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=Buraq++images

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...32&start=59&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:59,i:228

muhammad sabri

wa aleykum salaam warahmatuLllah wa Barakatuhu.

brother please clear my mind and Inshaa Allah Subhaan wa Taala will give Ijra to both of us "amin'

do you a have a say about these images?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85937

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=Buraq++images

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...32&start=59&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:59,i:228

My dear brother our beloved Prophet never ever draw the buraq, in fact it is prohibited to draw living things and as you can see the buraq is drawn as a living thing and surely this goes against islamic principles so do not think that the buraq looks like that, that's I'lm al ghaib and only Allah(swt) and those to whome He(swt) knows for sure what the Buraw is like, and Allah (swt) knows best :)

muhammad sabri

very kind of you.

about the video, surely many many are now but i see that they miss the Major things
as we all know l that saying of Nabiina Muhammad (s.a.w) that

You do not kill them (remove them from power) as far as they say prayers and leave masjid intacts Yes,,you remember that?(Hadith)

Has there been any party (similar to the 'magicians, before Piraun) gathered to any square and reminded people that it is so and so and against our Umma?

Can you make the question abit clearer please :)?

islamdonlyway

walikumassalam,

Brother i don't want to cause any controversies. But isn't this the imran hussain who claims that the dajjal is the current system (i.e, banking etc)? i have heard a few lectures from several brothers warning about imran hussain. would be nice if you could clarify.

muhammad sabri

walikumassalam,

Brother i don't want to cause any controversies. But isn't this the imran hussain who claims that the dajjal is the current system (i.e, banking etc)? i have heard a few lectures from several brothers warning about imran hussain. would be nice if you could clarify.

no by Allah! i saw ALOT of imran's lectures and the dajjal for him is not the system i can assure that to you BUT it is also true that SOME things are a bit too interpretative, for example he says that the sun rising from the west is ''the culture of the west'' and i DISAGREE with him but the cases in which he ''exagerates' are very little, and again i repeat, he sayd that the dajjal is not the system but a creature not a system ok? :)
hope i made it a bit cleare..
:wasalam: -With love

Thauban

Anas b. Malik reported on the authority of Malik b. Sa sa', perhaps a person of his tribe, that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

I was near the House (i. e. Ka'bah) in a state between sleep and wakefulness when I heard someone say: He is the third among the two persons. Then he came to me and took me with him. Then a golden basin containing the water of Zamzam was brought to me and my heart was opened up to such and such (part). Qatada said: I asked him who was with me (i e. the narrator) and what he meant by such and such (part). He replied: (It means that it was opened) up to the lower part of his abdomen (Then the hadith continues): My heart was extracted and it was washed with the water of Zamzam and then it was restored in its original position, after which it was filled with faith and wisdom. I was then brought a white beast which is called al-Buraq, bigger than a donkey and smaller than a mule. Its stride was as long as the eye could reach. I was mounted on it, and then we went forth till we reached the lowest heaven. Gabriel asked for the (gate) to be opened, and it was said: Who is he? He replied: Gabriel. It was again said: Who is with thee? He replied: Muhammad (may peace be upon him). It was said: Has he been sent for? He (Gabriel) said: Yes. He (the Prophet) said: Then (the gate) was opened for us (and it was said): Welcome unto him! His is a blessed arrival. Then we came to Adam (peace be upon him). And he (the narrator) narrated the whole account of the hadith. (The Holy Prophet) observed that he met Jesus in the second heaven, Yahya (peace be on both of them) in the third heaven, Yusuf in the third, Idris in the fourth, Harun in the fifth (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them). Then we travelled on till we reached the sixth heaven and came to Moses (peace be upon him) and I greeted him and he said: Welcome unto righteous brother and righteous prophet. And when I passed (by him) he wept, and a voice was heard saying: What makes thee weep? He said: My Lord, he is a young man whom Thou hast sent after me (as a prophet) and his followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers. Then we travelled on till we reached the seventh heaven and I came to Ibrahim. He (the narrator) narrat- ed in this hadith that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) told that he saw four rivers which flowed from (the root of the lote-tree of the farthest limits): two manifest rivers and two hidden rivers. I said: ' Gabriel! what are these rivers? He replied: The two hidden rivers are the rivers of Paradise, and as regards the two manifest ones, they are the Nile and the Euphrates. Then the Bait-ul-Ma'mur was raised up to me. I said: O Gabriel! what is this? He replied: It is the Bait-ul-Ma'mur. Seventy thousand angels enter into it daily and, after they come out, they never return again. Two vessels were then brought to me. The first one contained wine and the second one contained milk, and both of them were placed before me. I chose milk. It was said: You did right. Allah will guide rightly through you your Ummah on the natural course. Then fifty prayers daily were made obligatory for me. And then he narrated the rest of the hadith to the end.

How did we get from Gog and Magog to the Buraq?

muhammad sabri

Anas b. Malik reported on the authority of Malik b. Sa sa', perhaps a person of his tribe, that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

I was near the House (i. e. Ka'bah) in a state between sleep and wakefulness when I heard someone say: He is the third among the two persons. Then he came to me and took me with him. Then a golden basin containing the water of Zamzam was brought to me and my heart was opened up to such and such (part). Qatada said: I asked him who was with me (i e. the narrator) and what he meant by such and such (part). He replied: (It means that it was opened) up to the lower part of his abdomen (Then the hadith continues): My heart was extracted and it was washed with the water of Zamzam and then it was restored in its original position, after which it was filled with faith and wisdom. I was then brought a white beast which is called al-Buraq, bigger than a donkey and smaller than a mule. Its stride was as long as the eye could reach. I was mounted on it, and then we went forth till we reached the lowest heaven. Gabriel asked for the (gate) to be opened, and it was said: Who is he? He replied: Gabriel. It was again said: Who is with thee? He replied: Muhammad (may peace be upon him). It was said: Has he been sent for? He (Gabriel) said: Yes. He (the Prophet) said: Then (the gate) was opened for us (and it was said): Welcome unto him! His is a blessed arrival. Then we came to Adam (peace be upon him). And he (the narrator) narrated the whole account of the hadith. (The Holy Prophet) observed that he met Jesus in the second heaven, Yahya (peace be on both of them) in the third heaven, Yusuf in the third, Idris in the fourth, Harun in the fifth (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them). Then we travelled on till we reached the sixth heaven and came to Moses (peace be upon him) and I greeted him and he said: Welcome unto righteous brother and righteous prophet. And when I passed (by him) he wept, and a voice was heard saying: What makes thee weep? He said: My Lord, he is a young man whom Thou hast sent after me (as a prophet) and his followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers. Then we travelled on till we reached the seventh heaven and I came to Ibrahim. He (the narrator) narrat- ed in this hadith that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) told that he saw four rivers which flowed from (the root of the lote-tree of the farthest limits): two manifest rivers and two hidden rivers. I said: ' Gabriel! what are these rivers? He replied: The two hidden rivers are the rivers of Paradise, and as regards the two manifest ones, they are the Nile and the Euphrates. Then the Bait-ul-Ma'mur was raised up to me. I said: O Gabriel! what is this? He replied: It is the Bait-ul-Ma'mur. Seventy thousand angels enter into it daily and, after they come out, they never return again. Two vessels were then brought to me. The first one contained wine and the second one contained milk, and both of them were placed before me. I chose milk. It was said: You did right. Allah will guide rightly through you your Ummah on the natural course. Then fifty prayers daily were made obligatory for me. And then he narrated the rest of the hadith to the end.

ahah i do not know my beloved brother! :)

By the way, jazakkallahu khayran for your post :)

kalamazoo

wa aleykum salaam brothers,

Searching; similar while i was searching for the Real Tafheem of Kuran Kareem..

kalamazoo

My dear brother our beloved Prophet never ever draw the buraq, in fact it is prohibited to draw living things and as you can see the buraq is drawn as a living thing and surely this goes against islamic principles so do not think that the buraq looks like that, that's I'lm al ghaib and only Allah(swt) and those to whome He(swt) knows for sure what the Buraw is like, and Allah (swt) knows best :)

thank you brother.

what mostly i will say 'shall we keep such kind of topics aside for the time being as I see my search machine has not yet detected the targeted.

thank you everyone.