Grave problem,,,

muhammad.abdullah

:salam2:

I have been living in the UK for quite sometime now. I have come across a grave problem during this stay. There are a lot of mosques near my house but i guess non of them do what they should be doing. They dont pray as did the prophet (saw) and i believe you could guess the rest. What am i supposed to do? Well, for a good part of the day i am on my job and i can pray there but on Friday, shall i go to these nearby mosques and pray even though my heart is not fully satisfied after the prayer. ...plz i feel very bad at heart by not being able to pray jumma prayer in an environment of sunnah.

jazakallah

:wasalam:

sirine

salam akhi,

If you think there is something vague in their prayers, it s better you pray at home. You will have more hassanats.

salam

eemaan1

no offence just trying to c if i can get to the root of your dissatisfaction.

how do they pray it? 2 instead of 4? without faatiha?.....what exactly is it you have a prolem with? the timing of the prayers? are all these mosques not doing the prayers properly? hav u discussed it with other brothers who pray there? hav u tried 2 speak with the imam about your concerns? is it a madhab issue?....

again no offence intended, i think you should identify the exact problem and try to speak to them about it in a sensitive manner.

wasalm

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
salam akhi,

If you think there is something vague in their prayers, it s better you pray at home. You will have more hassanats.

salam

Knowing little about the actual matter and giving the advice as if you are mufti?

Welcome sister on this forum, Please let the brother explain whats wrong and what is difference of prayers.

Wasslaaam,
VE

sirine

salam,

He said he felt unsatisfied after the prayer, so what s the point to pray there if there is no satisfaction??? If he feels something wrong there it s better to pray at home, it s obvious. I think he is speaking about chi3a but allah o a3lam.

salam

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam Brother,

Please can we have more details from you with regards to what exactly is the problem and why you feel unhappy at the end of your prayer?

Salam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
salam,

He said he felt unsatisfied after the prayer, so what s the point to pray there if there is no satisfaction??? If he feels something wrong there it s better to pray at home, it s obvious. I think he is speaking about chi3a but allah o a3lam.

salam

We shouldn't issue fatwas based on our own judgement, to say that it is better to pray at home, or even go to that Masjid again. Both rulings are wrong in this case! - Because we first need to know what exactly it is that the brother is talking about, and only then if we have sufficient knowledge about the issue advise him to do the right thing which, is based on rulings of scholars that follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

A reason for this is because we might just give someone a fatwa that we might harm him even more if he listens to our fatwa (which might be wrong - and if only from our ownselves then it is wrong)!

That is just and advice from your brother!

wasalaam.

muhammad.abdullah

description...

Thank you brothers and sisters for replying. Here is the description of the problem. When i said they are not praying as the prophet's prayer, i didn't mean that they are shia or something like that. I meant they are not praying the way they should like i read in the book written by imam Nasir-ud-din al albaanee named "The Prophet's Prayer" and in TTI's prayer guide as well. Plus the "aqeedah" of the imams is in doubt as well as even in the lesson right before jumma, they talk and applaud more about they way of sufis and people like that and talk less about the holy prohet (saw) and Allah's orders. So i dont feel comfortable at all. I mean when i know something is not proven from the Quran and Hadeeth, how can i blindly follow it. I hope you get my point.

:wasalam:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Brother,

I suggest you send a PM to the administrator of this forum, who also lives in the UK. You could probably send him the name of the Masjid or Islamic Center, or address, and I`m sure he will be able to solve your problem. Or you could let him know where about in the UK you live and he can direct you to a Masjid close to you that follows the Qur`an and Sunnah.

May Allah reward you for your effort in your search for the right road to Paradise.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

PM me brother, and I will try my best to help you out, inshaAllah.

If the people who lead the prayer, i.e. the Imam, do not have proper Aqeedah, then one must repeat the prayer afterwards. For example, they believe that Allah is everywhere or they say things of Shirk and kufr etc

Question:
We have a sufi imam. Is it valid to pray behind him?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Of the words, deeds and beliefs that are unique to the Sufis and have no basis in the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), some are bid’ahs (innovations) that constitute kufr, and some are bid’ahs that do not constitute kufr. If this imam follows bid’ahs that constitute kufr, you should not pray behind him. If he follows bid’ahs that do not constitute kufr, then it is permissible to pray behind him although someone else who is a follower of ahl al-sunnah would undoubtedly be better.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:​
If I come to a village where the imam is a sufi who does not hold one hand over the other when praying, and he does not go down on his knees before his hands when prostrating, is it permissible to pray with him?

He replied:
If he is known to believe in Tawheed and not shirk, and he is only a little ignorant or follows a few ideas of Sufism (tasawwuf), but he is a believer in Tawheed and a Muslim who worships Allaah alone and does not worship Shaykhs or any other created being, such as Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir etc, and the only problem is that he does not hold one hand over the other when praying, then there is no reason not to pray behind him, because this is something that is Sunnah, not obligatory. Holding one hand over the other means placing the right hand over the left hand, wrist and forearm over the chest when standing in prayer. The one who lets his arms hang by his sides is not doing anything wrong and his prayer is valid. …​
Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (12/120, 121).

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was also asked:​
What is the ruling on praying behind someone who goes to the graves of righteous people to seek blessing from them and to recite Qur'aan on the Mawlids and other occasions in return for payment?​
He replied:​
This is subject to further discussion. If he merely celebrates the Mawlid without any shirk involved, then he is an innovator and he should not be an imam, because it is proven in the saheeh hadeeth that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of newly-invented matters because every newly invented matter is an innovation (bid’ah) and every innovation is a going astray.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3991). And celebrating the Mawlid (Prophet’s birthday) is an innovation. But if he prays to the dead and seeks help from them or from the jinn or other created beings, and he says “O Messenger of Allaah help me or heal my sick loved one” or he says “Ya Sayyidi al-Husayn” or “Ya Sayyidi al-Badawi” or calls upon any other dead person, or prays to inanimate things such as idols, saying “al-madad al-madad (help, help)”, then he is a mushrik who is guilty of major shirk, and you should not pray behind him and his leading the prayers is not valid. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.​
But if he commits bid’ah such as attending the Mawlid but he does not do any act of shirk, or he reads Qur’aan beside graves, or he prays at the graves, but he does not do any act of shirk, then he has introduced innovation into the religion, so he should be taught and directed towards what is good, but his prayer is valid if he does not pray by the graves. As for his prayers in the graveyard, they are not valid, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the Jews and the Christians, for they have taken the graves of their Prophets as places of worship.” Agreed upon.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (9/373, 374 and 12/108, 109).

Wasalam,

-----------------
I have sent you PM, InshaAllah I hope I can find you a good Sunni Mosque.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

<This is actually what islamicfajr did in his previous post. I cut n paste>

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

With regard to praying behind an innovator, if their bid’ah involves shirk such as calling upon anyone other than Allaah, making vows to anyone other than Allaah, or believing that their shaykhs possess qualities that belong only to Allaah, such as complete knowledge or knowledge of the unseen or the ability to influence events, then it is not valid to pray behind them.

But if their bid’ah does not involve shirk, such as reciting dhikrs that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) but in unison and swaying, then it is valid to pray behind them, but the Muslim should try to find an imam who does not follow innovation, because that will bring a greater reward and be further removed from evil. End quote.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, (7/353):

.................................................. .....

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on one who lives in a city whose people adhere to bid’ah? Is it valid for him to offer Jumu’ah and prayers in congregation with him, or should he pray on his own, or is the obligation of Jumu’ah waived for him? If there are less than twelve of ahl al-sunnah in a city, is Jumu’ah valid for them or not?

He replied: It is obligatory to establish Jumu’ah prayer behind any imam, righteous or otherwise. If the bid’ah of the imam for Jumu’ah does not put him beyond the pale of Islam, then he should pray behind him.

Imam Abu Ja’far al-Tahhaawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his famous book al-‘Aqeedah: We think that prayer should be offered behind any imam, righteous or otherwise, among the people of the qiblah, and (the funeral prayer) should be offered for those of them who die. End quote.

End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 4/303

<wasalam>

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Bro muhammad,

I also pray differently from what the video says...

For example, i do not make circle with my fingers when doing tashhud..

This is just scholar difference...There is no need to argue which one is right or wrong...

The imam in my school told me his teacher is a sufi...

I do not want to assume he is a sufi....I prayed behind him and some people who i think are salafis also pray behind him. My school got quite a significant number who i think are salafis.. they do what is written in the shaykh Albanii book