Greetings to all

carpy321

i would just like to thank everyone for the oppertunity to join TTI.
I am almost 17 and at the moment i am a "christian". My girlfriend who is also a muslim taught me a lot about islam. A few months past and i started to look into islam a lot more. i then started to read the quaran. next thing i know im here wanting to praise allah!

i beleive islam is the right path for me. at the moment i just need some one to help me convert, i dont know what to do, where to go. i cant wait untill the day i am finally closer to allah.

thank you all

carpy321

thank you for that link, i will go to it in just a few moments .

yes. i beleive i have the basic knowledge on islam. hopefully a bit better then the basics. But then again i dont think there is enough u can actually learn about islam.
Ever since islam ive become a better person. Much more peaceful and forgiving then i was before. The only problem im finding now is acceptance in the family.

thank you, carpy321 ((mike))

Bluegazer

I'm glad to help you Mike.

Click on the following link to read about the 6 Pillars of Faith:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-2.htm

And Click on the following site to read about the 5 Pillars of Islam:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-16.htm

It's also a good idea to read the whole guide. This is the main page:

http://www.islam-guide.com

Once you're sure about your beliefs, then you can become a Muslim by saying the Shahada, in Arabic and in English.

I also highly recommend that you go to your local Mosque to pronounce the Shahada in front of other Muslims.

My advice is also to see knowledgeable Muslims who'll be able to help you gain more knowledge about Islam. Try and contact Abdurraheem Green [who's an English convert to Islam]. He can be found in the London Central Mosque in Regent's Park, London.

I hope you all the best Mike.

Take care of yourself,

Bluegazer

carpy321

once again i cant thank you enough. Before when i have asked for help from other muslims they didnt take to me asking to well.

i know no how i can show my faith thank you.
I will keep on learning as much as i can about islam, while also seeking help from other muslims about converting back to islam.

Abdurraheem Green i looked him up, do u really think he would talk to some one like me?

thanks mike

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Welcome brother mike,

Welcome to the family of Allah SWT.
You are among those who are blessed by Allah SWT that He opened your heart and guided you to right path. It is really very special. So, feel special and defend the faith in Allah and stay affirm even if you have to face some resitence from your family. At first they might resist, but with the passage of time they will calm down, InshaAllah.

Bye.

yasser_khan1210

allahs peace blessings and mercy be upoun u

in the name of allah most merciful and the most beneficial

dear bro,

i am happy to see that u have realized the truth but remember one thing do not ever never call urself a converted muslim call ur self a reverted muslim for Islam was the religion of our forefathers its was the the work of satan that we followed or went behinde other relegions.so one more thing i would like to tell u go nad contact u r new islamic brothers any if u know any get in touch with the mosque near by

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Welcome !!!

:salam2:

A very warm welcome brother, its really nice to know that you want to be close to Allah and that you love him more than anything else. As Jesus (PBUH) himself said, as Allah told us in the Quran

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.(Whereas) the Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.
(Quran:Al-Ma'ida)

and its still there in the NT as well

29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
(Bible:Mark Ch. 12)

Brother its really nice to know that Allah has guided you to his chosen path and that he has beautified it for you, Allah says in the Quran,

but Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts and He has made hateful to you unbelief, wickedness and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness― (7) A grace and favour from Allah; and Allah is full of Knowledge, and Wisdom. (8)
(Al-Hujrat)

and brother Allah also promises to everyone who really have a will to be guided and who have faith in Him that,

And those who strive in Our (Cause)― We will certainly guide them to Our Paths: for verily Allah is with those who do right. (69)
(Al-Ankaboot)

I pray brother that Allah keep guiding you and all of us as well forever and help you overcome any hurdle that might come in your way.

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

Noor to shine

You are most welcome
Islam opens the gates of mercy, happiness, peace ....and Paradise widly for people by following the steps of the seal of the prophets.

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

mamoun

in the name of Allah

Dear brother who wants to convert to Islam but has the family acceptance problem :), and all other brothers and sisters in Islam, Alsalamo alikum.
let me please try to help you, I think the best way to overcome any problem, is to look how other people has overcomame it, does that make sence!!
So, my advice to you brother is to read about those who has converted to Islam, how did they face the problem of famiy acceptance? and I think you will find your answer Inshallah :).
Since I was born as a Muslim, I don't have that experience myself, but I still have the desire to try to help you and all people around the world to Know better about how amazing is Islam, how peaceful and logical it is, and how Allah is Great and Mercyful.
two more lines brother, I think when somebody decides to have his own lifestyle, his famiy won't object, especially when the life style is better than his previous life, what I mean, when you convert to be a Muslim, you should never drink, have premarital sex, insult your parents, hurt other people, and many other very good and wanted things in the society.
what I believe, your family are going to feel okay, and they won't object what you are going to do since you are going to change, but to a BETTER person.
I know you might face some problems since your parents might think you have lost your right bath which they think they are on it, but with your Iman and faith in Allah, all obstacles will be overcomed Inshallah.

I hope I've added something beneficial for you today, and may Allah help and Guide all of us to the right path, Ameen.

Salam
Mamoun J.

Bluegazer

Hello again Mike!

I'm glad to see that you weren't discouraged by those Muslims who didn't respond to your questions about Islam.

About Abdurraheem Green, you posted the following:

Abdurraheem Green i looked him up, do u really think he would talk to some one like me?

Why not?

Actually, he does this on quite a regular basis to students about your age or younger. Please click on the following link to see him talking about Islam to some students who were visiting the London Central Mosque:

http://www.iccuk.org/activities/guided_tours/tours.htm

Also, please read the following:

IFSC
Islamic Fundamentals Study Course

The London Central Mosque and Islamic Cultural Centre Presents For the fourth year the 'Islamic Fundaments Study Course'. A unique quarterly series of intensive weekend study courses for new Muslims: converts, those have recently started practicing, or those who need to be refreshed on the basics of this noble religion.

Designed to fit in with the hectic city life style where attending regular weekly classes is problematic, this course would also be useful for Muslim professionals, although attendance so far been from very diverse groups of people.

The course involves a series of lectures, workshops and presentations delivered by English speaking scholars including Abdurraheem Green, Sheikh Suhaib Hassan, Sheikh Hiatham Al Hadad, Surkheel Sherif, Dr Usama Hassan, Sheikh Ashraf and Sheikh Nasir.

Held in the conference centre of the London Central Mosque library in a relaxed, yet studious environment. Breakfast and lunch, tea and coffee and crèche facilities are included.

Although the first course does lay down some important principles and background knowledge each course is designed to stand on its own, so you don’t have to have attended course one to benefit from the others.

Attendance is by registration only. Fee £15 per course

Source: http://www.iccuk.org/activities/courses/ifsc.htm

The reason I mentioned Abdurraheem Green and the London Central Mosque is that they're close to where you are, since you're near London.

I hope you all the best Mike,

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Bluegazer

Oh, and one more thing:

Mr. Abdurraheem Green of the LCM & ICC is responsible for Da’wah in English and the official ICC’s guide to schools visit.

Source: http://www.iccuk.org/activities/guided_tours/tours.htm

"Da’wah" means "propagation" or "calling to", which means it's one of his duties in the London Central Mosque. I'm also sure -God willing- that he's the sort of man that will help you out and answer your questions even if it wasn't one of his official duties, since calling to Islam is one of the noblest deeds, and it is a duty upon every Muslim.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

carpy321

thank you everyone. I have only joined TTI today and yet i am already recieving a great welcome.
I am not going to lie. i am slightly nervous. Finding islam is going to change my life a lot, for the better i know but the nervousness is still there, but thank you all. I didnt think people would take me seriously or accept me into islam. i know do not fear that.
thank you

Bluegazer

Hello again Mike,

You're most welcome.

Remember that it's our duty to inform non Muslims about Islam. So, when a non Muslim actually asks us about Islam, that's an even more imperative duty.

It's a duty that most Muslims welcome and are delighted to perform. God Almighty said:

"And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."

[Interpretation of the meanings of the Qur'an 41:33]

carpy321

I dont like feeling nervous. because i think its wrong to be. I should know that allah will make it easy for me so its ok, but nervs still wont go.
I spoke to my friend today and she said that her dad would gladly take me to london to speak to some one in a mosque.

Bluegazer

To Mike:

I have read about reverts who did feel nervous, but it went smoothly for them. So, you're not the only one to have felt that way.

To my revert brothers and sisters in Islam:

I'd appreciate it if some of you would say something to Mike, since I feel that he'll relate to it more when it comes from a person who's been in his position at some point in their life.

Sonia88

:salam2:
dont be nervous, and im sure you'll learn alot, as you'll find alot of support. ive just joined like just a hour ago or sumit actually i dont know ive been reading for ages lol, but this is a great support network and very informative, hope you enjoy the site