Grieve not over unworthy things

Abu Talib

Feeling low
By being unconcerned over trifles, you display a virtue that will bring you happiness, for the one who is lofty in his aims engrossed only with concern for the Hereafter.

One of our pious predecessors advised one of his brother with the following words:
"Be concerned about this only: about meeting Allah, about standing in front of Him, and about the Hereafter".​
{That Day shall you be brought to Judgement, not a secret of you will be hidden.} (Qur'an 69:18)

There is not a single worry or concern whose significance is not diminished when it is compared to the concerns of the Hereafter. What are the worries of the life? They are status, prestige, fame, income, wealth, mansion, and children. They are all nothing when compared to the accountability before Allah!

Allah described His enemies, the hypocrites, by saying:
{While another party was thinking about themselves (as how to save their ownselves, ignoring the others and the Prophet ) and thought wrongly of Allah ...} (Qur'an 3:154)

Their concern are for themselves, their stomachs, and their lusts; they know nothing of higher motives.

When the people pledged allegiance to the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) under the tree, one of the hypocrites left hastily in search of his red camel, which had strayed. He said,
"For me to find my camel is more beloved to me than your ceremony of pledging allegiance"​
And in relation to this incident, the following is related in a Hadith:
"All of you have been forgiven, except for the owner of the red camel"​

One of the hypocrites, who was worried only about himself, said to his companions concerning the expedition to Tabuk, "March not forth in the heat." Allah, the Exalted, said:
{Say: "The Fire of Hell is more intense in heat"...} (Qur'an 9: 81)
Another one of them said:
{"Grant me leave (to be exempted from Jihad) and put me not into trial."} (Qur'an 9: 49)
And Allah said:
While yet the others were troubled and concerned only for their wealth and families​
{"Our possessions and our families occupied us, so ask forgiveness for us."} (Qur'an 48: 11)

These concerns are trifles that none should be occupied with except for those who themselves trifling and insignificant. As for the noble Companions, they desired the favors of Allah and they longed for His pleasure.

Grieve not when others blame and disparage you

{They will do you no harm, barring a trifling annoyance...} (Qur'an 3:111)

{...and be not distressed because of what they plot} (Qur'an 16:127)

{...and harm them not (till you are ordered). And put your trust in Allah...} (Qur'an 33: 48)

{...but Allah cleared him [Moosa] of that which they alleged...} (Qur'an 33: 69)

An Arab poet said:
"The vast ocean feels no harm, When the boy pitches into it a rock"​

In a hadith that has a hasan grading, the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Do not speak ill to me of my Companions, for verily, I would love to leave you with a sound breast."​

Grieve not of being poor

The more the body enjoys, the more the soul becomes sullied and there is safety in having little. Taking only that which you need from this world is an early comfort that Allah bestows upon those whom He pleases among His salves.
{Verily! We will inherit the earth and whatsoever is thereon.} (Qur'an 19: 40)

One poet said:

"Water,bread and shade. These form a most worthy bliss, I have denied the favors of my Lord. If I said that I had too little."​

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Hm....how true..:hearts:

INDEED WHEN YOU TRULY LOVE ALLAH AZZAWAJAL..THE WORLD BECOMES NOTHING FOR YOU:muslim_child:

JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR for sharing:hearts:

FEE AMANILLAH

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Assalamu Aleikum

Thank you for reminding us of the importance of putting things into perspective - Jazzak Allah Khair, insha'Allah.

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:salam2:

Jazakallah kahairan wa kaseeran! Very thoughtful & beneficial!

Indeed the heart finds true peace & bliss in remembering Allah & striving in His path- Islam.

Allah swt reward u in abundance Ameen

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu 'Aleykum!

Subhanallah! How we cling to this World's providings when we're very aware of the fact that He can give us Much More later instead, is soo hard to believe wallahi. May Allah swt guide us and forgive our faults
JazakAllah for this benficial post akhy.