Guidelines on Ramadhan for New Muslims

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum everyone.
Ramadhan is just around the corner.Here are some tips for newly converted msulims and this would be their first Ramadhan InsyaAllah.

I would suggest that u start fasting sunnah Monday and Thursday as a training.i did fasting sunnah before the actual Ramadhan.i converted on April and i had 5 months for training.it is not too late if u haven't begin yet.

it is sunnah to delay ur sahoor(of course before the subh adzan).
it is sunnah to eat as soon as the Maghrib adzan.

there are some dua for everything.i hope someone could share it here.

first u must have the niah(intention that u want to fast)do it in ur heart without others hearing what ur saying.

second eat something atleast 30 mint before the subh adzan.once u hear the subh adzan DO NOT EAT ANYTHING.

during fasting u must keep urself clean from everything .all ur 5 senses should be clean from any sins.as well as ur heart and throughts.

it is sunnah to break ur fast with dates and drink some water and go for ur maghrib prayer.u may continue eating after the maghrib prayer.

it is advisable not to eat too much when u break fast coz ur stomach couldn't bear the sudden changes.give it some time or perhaps u can continue eating after isha paryer.it is all up to u.

i want other brothers and sisters to participate here and give ur suggestions.

if there are non muslim in this forum,why dont u join the muslims during ramadhan and break ur fast with them.u will know hopw united and friendly muslims are.if u want to break fast in the mosque,plz wear something decent(women)

check out this link
http://islamfactor.org/index.php?showtopic=1942&st=0&p=32255&#entry32255