Guidence from my Brothers/Sisters Please?

Aisha24

Salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
My name is Aisha and I'm on a new journey in Islam, alhomdolilah! I just have a few questions concerning some current issues in my non-Muslim life that I lead...Inshallah I will be making my decision on Islam soon...
I live with my boyfriend, a non-Muslim. I need to know people's thoughts on staying living with him, financially I can't move-out (unless I head back home) and he's willing to learn about Islam, he just may never convert, inshallah he will!
and...I have dog, which I know in the Sunnah, it was said that angels do not go where dogs are. The thought of giving away my little 1 year old pup makes me cry.... what your thoughts on this?

Thank you for your input Brothers and Sisters!

Wasalaam,
Aisha

palestine

Servant of Allah
Firstly dear sis. thank you for looking into islam deeply. secondly remember that if you sacrifice what you have in this world, for example your dog: you will get something great in return from God, if not in this world in the afterlife. as for your boyfriend i would say continue to help him and yourself learn but living with each other may cause you to fall in zina(committing adultery). if there is any other place you can live in, meaning friends or maybe you can get a one bedroom by yourself then do so. and dear soon to be sis i would advice just let go of the dog, i know it's hard but someday you'll understand the great sacrifices of life can be leading to great rewards(in life and afterlife.). hope that helps and welcome to our global family :)
ps: if your boyfriend doesn't want to convert then you gotta let him go to, who knows you might meet a man who's much more better than him. but i'm not saying let him go real fast- cause you got beat around the bush to see if he accepts. and if he is too stubborn to see the truth then pack your bags and leave in respectful way. but let's forget that for the moment. concentrate on why you have chosen islam and what sacrifices you should make. peace.

munir

allah knows the best
ASSLAMALYKUM SISTER Aisha24

First of all I am really happy you become muslim and welcome to ISLAMIC community.
But I understand may be it is difficult to you,so i can help you by make dua on my prayer time that ALLAH(swt) to give us strength on our iman/faith ameen.
waslam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I advice that you embrace Islam soon and don't let your boyfriend or dog hinder it from happening. Take things one at a time so for now, the important thing is that you embrace Islam because death is unpredictable. Once you have embraced Islam, then worry about your dog, maybe you could send him to a center where they keep and feed it.

tarannumsamir

Salaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
My name is Aisha and I'm on a new journey in Islam, alhomdolilah! I just have a few questions concerning some current issues in my non-Muslim life that I lead...Inshallah I will be making my decision on Islam soon...
I live with my boyfriend, a non-Muslim. I need to know people's thoughts on staying living with him, financially I can't move-out (unless I head back home) and he's willing to learn about Islam, he just may never convert, inshallah he will!
and...I have dog, which I know in the Sunnah, it was said that angels do not go where dogs are. The thought of giving away my little 1 year old pup makes me cry.... what your thoughts on this?

Thank you for your input Brothers and Sisters!

Wasalaam,
Aisha
walekom as salaam warehmatullah wa barakatuhu.
allahu akbar.allah is greatest undoubtedly and blesses with hidayah whom he wills.alhamdulillah u are blessed with the hidayah to come toward islam.
:ma:
we are all sisters and friends in islam.
may allah bless all of us,ameen.

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumasalam wr wb dear sister Aisha24,

am Aishah too jus an extra 'h' :p....sister iam happy that by the grace of the creator of everythin you are looking into islam...hope u are guided to the religion of truth....we humans dont realize why certain things happen in our lives bcoz god is the most-wise...be patient sister....in islam u will come to know am sure step by step there is a reason for everything.

it might seem difficult but for we muslims , Allah is the source of strength...for the time being understand islam....am sure you urself will realize what step u should take.... in islam, living with a boy friend is not acceptable but u can give him the message of islam...if he accepts it then its good for both of u n the solution of ur relationship is marriage.....till that time u should be distant from him....if he is for u he will come to u....as far as the dog is concerned its not allowed as well...

it seems tuff but trust me it is not...even am a revert ... these are trials n v have to go thru them as our god tests our belief...at the end of the day u are a respected sister!

jus remember u have been created by god n u ll return to him for sure!

anythin else sis do let me know...i ll help u insha Allah

ur sister,
Aishah :)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is Haram for a man and a woman to be gathered in 1 place alone even if both were muslims, unless they get married, or if they were brother and sister in blood, or a father and daughter, or if he's her uncle.

mufakkir

As Salaam 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Bismillah,

May Allah reward you abundantly and accept your Islam. You are in a privaleged position. Indeed one that, perhaps, those who were born muslim cannot understand or hope to benefit from. Allah has guided you to His perfect religion and has chosen you to be from the best of mankind. By His Will your past sins will be forgiven and your journey in this short - and often dark - life enlightened by your pure soul.
Be thankful to Him and be not of those who reject truth after they are guided.

There is a great general principle in Islamic Law which states that baatil cannot be used to establish haq, or a wrong cannot be used to make a right.
Your situation may seem of great difficuty to you, but know that 'Allah does not burden a soul with more than it can bear'. While you may feel that remaining with your boyfriend will be beneficial for him, as he may, by your company and assistance, himself become muslim, it is nonetheless impermissible in Islamic Law. The (potential) benefit of you remaining with him so that he may accept Islam cannot be weighed against the disobedience you may be commiting if you remain. In other words the sin you may be committing by remaining with him cannot be used to establish the possibility of him becoming muslim.

Sister in Islam, you must to the best of your ability, try and find alternative accommodation. You have started life again with a clean slate. Do not blacken it with sins that you can avoid, inshaAllah. The issue of your puppy, waAllah A'lam, may be of lesser importance in this case, as your priority, inshaAllah, is to find a path out of living with a non-mahram man.

I pray that i have not offended you. Wa Allahu A'lam

Was Salaam 'Alaikum

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Salam Sister you said that you would have to head back home due to finances because you are currently staying with your boyfriend. My suggestion is you go back home because you have a choice and because it is haram to live with him or even have a boyfriend at all. If your boyfriend is interested in Islam inshallah he converts and you two can get married but if not then you have to let him go. Some things in Islam you can take it slow I agree but to me this is not one of them. If you continue to stay with him you may miss your blessing of having a pious man in Islam. Also, I know it is difficult to get rid of your dog but inshallah you can give him away to maybe a family member or someting:) But the bigger issue right now is living with the boyfriend. Do not try to change everything in one day because it is not possible. But do try to change the things that you can. :hearts: Inshallah sister you can make a choice about Islam soon. Do not put off what you can do today until tomorrow. Remember tomorrow is not promised.

Salam Amirah80