Hadeeth

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum..
I was wondering if this hadeeth is stateing that if you sleep and have a good dream it is okay to pray without doing wudu?..

Narrator: Kuraib

Ibn 'Abbas said, "The Prophet slept till he snored and then prayed (or probably lay till his breath sounds were heard and then got up and prayed)." Ibn 'Abbas added: "I stayed overnight in the house of my aunt, Maimuna, the Prophet slept for a part of the night, (See Fateh-al-Bari page 249, Vol. 1), and late in the night, he got up and performed ablution from a hanging water skin, a light (perfect) ablution and stood up for the prayer. I, too, performed a similar ablution, then I went and stood on his left. He drew me to his right and prayed as much as Allah wished, and again lay and slept till his breath sounds were heard. Later on the Mua'dhdhin (callmaker for the prayer) came to him and informed him that it was time for Prayer. The Prophet went with him for the prayer without performing a new ablution." (Sufyan said to 'Amr that some people said, "The eyes of Allah's Apostle sleep but his heart does not sleep." 'Amr replied, "I heard 'Ubaid bin 'Umar saying that the dreams of Prophets were Divine Inspiration, and then he recited the verse: 'I (Abraham) see in a dream, (O my son) that I offer you in sacrifice (to Allah)." (37.102)

poetic

mrs aisha b
Also..
I heard that when doing hajj and you get your menses you dont take part in any activities and your hajj is counted as being done.. but this seems to give a different message?

'Aisha said, "We set out with the sole intention of performing Hajj and when we reached Sarif, (a place six miles from Mecca) I got my menses. Allah's Apostle came to me while I was weeping. He said 'What is the matter with you? Have you got your menses?' I replied, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is a thing which Allah has ordained for the daughters of Adam. So do what all the pilgrims do with the exception of the Taw-af (Circumambulation) round the Ka'ba." 'Aisha added, "Allah's Apostle sacrificed cows on behalf of his wives."

I am also wondering.. I have read in Hadiths that only men are suposed to bath on fridays?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Salaam Alaikum..
I was wondering if this hadeeth is stateing that if you sleep and have a good dream it is okay to pray without doing wudu?..

sleeping breaks the wudu. so wudu is compulsory. (if u r sleeping in an chair sitting upright, then it doesnt break)

Also..
I heard that when doing hajj and you get your menses you dont take part in any activities and your hajj is counted as being done.. but this seems to give a different message?

sorry, no idea

I am also wondering.. I have read in Hadiths that only men are suposed to bath on fridays?

Allah knows best.

PS: these questions are better if asked to a scholar as they are very detailed. and we here dont have much knowledge of minor details.