Hadith Hadith

Abu Juwairiya

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: ”Whoever sends blessings upon me, Allah will send blessings upon him tenfold.” [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

12508684_1505027119801861_2177546387836185183_n.jpg

Abu Juwairiya

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) narrated from his Lord that He [Allah] Said: “I am as my slave expects Me to be.”

Ibn Hajar said: “Meaning, I am able to do whatever he expects I will do.”

Imam An-Nawawi said: “The scholars say that expecting the best of Allah is to expect that He will have Mercy on him and relieve him of hardship.”

An-Nawawi also said: “Al-Qadi ‘Iyad said that this means He will Forgive him if he seeks
such, will accept his repentance if he repents, will answer him if he supplicates, and will
suffice him if he asks for something. It is also said that it refers to having hope and longing
for relief, and this is more correct.”

Ahmad bin ‘Umar al-Qurtubi said

“It is said that His Saying “I am as my slave expects Me to be” means if one expects an

answer when he supplicates, his repentance to be accepted, something repugnant to be
repelled from him, his deeds to be accepted that are performed with their proper
conditions…

And this is supported by his saying: “Call upon Allah while you are certain
that you will be answered.” Likewise, it is incumbent upon the one who repents, seeks

Forgiveness, and does good deeds to exert himself in fulfilling his obligations while he is
certain that Allah will accept his actions and Forgive his sins, as Allah has promised that He
will accept any truthful repentance and righteous deeds.

So, whoever performs such a deed and believes and expects that Allah will not accept it and that it will not benefit him, this is despair from the Mercy of Allah, and is from greatest of the major sins. Whoever dies upon this will be delivered to that which he expected."

Ibn Al-Qayyim added

“Most people – in fact, all of them except those protected by Allah – assume other than the
truth, and assume the worst. Most people believe that they are deprived of their rights, have
bad luck, deserve more than what Allah gave them, and it is as if they are saying: ‘My Lord
has wronged me and deprived me of what I deserve,’ and his soul bears witness to this while
his tongue denies it and refuses to openly state this. And whoever digs into his soul and
comes to know its ins and outs will see this in it like fire in a triggered explosion…

And if you dig into anyone’s soul, you will see that he blames fate and would rather have something else happen to him than what actually did, and that things should be this way or that…

So, dig into your own self: are you protected from this? If you are safe from this, you have been
protected from something great. Otherwise, I do not see that you have been saved.”

He also said:

“The more you have good expectations of your Lord and hope in Him, the more you will
rely on and trust in Him. This is why some explained true reliance and trust to be having
good expectations of Allah.

In reality, having good expectations of Him leads to relying on and trusting in Him, as it is unthinkable that one can trust in someone that he has bad expectations of or no hope in, and Allah Knows best.”

He also said: “The one who hopes in Allah should always be optimistic, cautious, and
hopeful in Allah’s bounty, expecting the best from Him.”

Last edited:

Abu Juwairiya

“I [Allah] am as my slave expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me.

If he remembers Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself.

I make mention of him to Myself. And if he remembers Me in a group, I make mention of him in a group better than it. And if he comes near to Me by a handspan, I come near to him by an armspan.

And if he comes near to Me by an armspan, I come near to him by the span of an outstretched arm. If he
comes to Me walking, I come to him running.” (Hadith Qudsi, Bukhari and Muslim)