Hajj Or Ummrah.. Anyone Planning??

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
:salam2: Brothers and sisters..

I am making new Thread for People who planning for Hajj & Ummrah. From this Thread Insha allah People who has already Perform their Hajj or Ummrah masha allah they can give advice what Do and Don’t for Hajj or Ummrah…

I would like to know any one Planning for Hajj or Ummrah this year..

Insha allah I am going for Umrrah Next year Jan or Feb.. Kindly Make Dua for me Brothers and sisters That ALLAH Swt accept my Intension..
:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

This is very good thread brother...

I would love to hear about our brothers and sisters experience who have performed hajj or umrah...

I have planned twice to go on umrah, unfortunatly it did not work out....:SMILY23:

I hope my brother is free next year to take me, then definly...:inshallah:

Do dua for me too....i will do dua for all who have intention to go...

wasalaam

Kayote

:salam2:

Wonderful idea.

Insha'Allah by the grace of Allah (SHW), I will go next year for Umra with my whole family! Insha'Allah.

I went last year as well by myself & I met so many inspiring young boys from up north & Alhumdulillah it was one of the most amazing experiences for me.

Oem Soufiane

mashallah! i will remind you in my duaa inshallah! May Allah swt accept your duaa and forgive you for everything you repent for (and all of my brothers and sisters in islam ofcourse)

q8penpals

My husband and I drove from Kuwait to Medina and Makkah in March 2005 for Umrah. My husband talked me through the entire process while we did it, so I don't remember all the exact details (he would tell me what to say in Arabic and then translate it for me, but since I don't speak Arabic, it is hard to remember). I will stick to some of the practical things about Umrah.

In Medina, we got hotel rooms over looking the courtyard-type area around the Prophet's Mosque (we got rooms for about $30 US a night). In the area around the mosque, there are little shops that sell lots of different books on Islam in many languages. For women, there are only certain times of the day that you can go through the mosque to the men's side to see the place of the Prophet's home. Hire a taxi to take you around the city - we prayed in some of the oldest Mosques, including the mosque that is considered the "1st' mosque (I say considered, because it is in the exact place, but it has obviously been rebuilt, remodeled, and refurbished, so "it" is not the exact first mosque). I found many, many women who were willing to try to talk to me in the various mosques (again, blue eyes and pasty-white skin makes me stand out) - in one mosque, a group of ladies from Qatar even sent a little 5-year old boy over to translate from Arabic to English so they could talk to me!

In Makkah, take time to walk around all the Haram Mosque if possible - the architecture is magnificent, and even non-Muslims would appreciate the beauty of the building itself. Also, make sure (for Umrah) to take a taxi around Arafat and Mina and see the pillars. Also, it is great to tour both cities because it is amazing to see all this history and religon, but then just a block or 2 from the Haram Mosque there is KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Hardees, and McDonald's! It is a fabulous mix of old and new!

Practical advice for both time in Medina and Makkah -

bring a supply of plastic bags and easy to slip off sandals. Put your sandals in the bag and tuck it under your arm - there are so many shoes lying around that it would be easy to lose yours (or, unfortunately, have yours "traded" by someone who needed better shoes).

Also, be very, very wary for all the street beggars (especially children) - I had so many children tugging and pulling on me that I nearly had a panic attack! They see my blue eyes and white skin and they know I am a foreigner. They also come running at you with scissors to cut your hair (and me, safety freak, is going crazy with all the little beggar kids, some as young as 3 or 4 years old, running in a big crowd of people with scissors!) - use one of the actual barbers. My husband got his hair cut by the barber, and the barber let him just borrow the scissors for a moment to pull a tuft of my hair out of my hijab to snip.

Smokers- when we went, there were signs everywhere in multiple languages speaking against smoking (using the verses from the Qu'ran about not injuring yourself and that the Prophet did not smoke) - even the hotel rooms, on the back of the doors with the emergency exit information, basically berated you for smoking at all since it is the cause of so many fires (again, quoting Qu'ran with their own statement).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I personally loved Saudi Arabia in general, and of course, had a very fulfilling Umrah!

Illalika!

Lana

Mujaahid

mashaAllah nice topic to choose,

im going this year for hajj again as an organiser. my experience last year was definitely life changing.

for those who are contemplating wether they should go or not....GO! it will change your life for the better inshaAllah. make istikharah and put tawakul in Allah.

any questions about hajj i will be happy to help inshaAllah.

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
:salam2:

Jazzak Allah Kharin for sister to share your Great Journey i would like to listen more brothers and sisters.

cadette

Insha-allah my husband and I will go for Haj this year (depending on the quota issue). We have applied to go, paid for tickets and accomodation. now we sitting here biting our nails waiting to hear if we will be allowed to go.

My father took us for Umrah in 1990, it seems like a life time ago. But one thing thats amazing is that everytime I watch a program showing the Kaaba, I can't help but cry, the place calls to you to come back.

Before we went for Umrah, people told us that when you see the Kaaba for the first time that you will cry. Being a teenager at the time (and as with most teen, I knew better), I couldnet understand that, I mean how can just standing there make someone cry). But believe me, when you walk into the Haram for the first time, you are so overcome with emmotions, its difficult to explain. Your knees go week. It is such a simple building, so plain but so stunning and amazing at the same time. When you stand there you also realise how lucky we are to have this beautiful religion of Islam. And if seeing all those thousands of people doing the same thing you have come to do isn't enough to humble you, you realise that you are standing on the very ground that our Prophet Muhammed SAW and Ebrahim AS walked.

Sorry, I'm finding it difficult to find the words to explain how amazing a feeling it is to see the Kaaba for the first time. Imagine seeing all the natural wonders of the world, the sun rise, sun set, the oceans, a baby being born (animal or person) a rose bud, listening to the gentle sound of first rains on the season. A child walking for the first time. Take all of those things and the feeling that it brings to your heart and mind and imagine it all happening at the same time.

Ok, I'm done now, going to pray Jummah salaah now.
:muslim_child:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Jazakallah khair, all for sharing your experiences....alhamdulillah its so wonderful to hear peoples journey to makka/madina...:subhanallah:
May Allah (swt) accept my dua to visit such a beautiful place, even if its only one time....insha-allah

Keep em coming guys....i get teary reading :SMILY23:

wasalaam

BigH

I am going for Hajj inshAllah

Assalamualaykum

I am planning to go for hajj this year and have booked everything with a tour group but have heard nothing yet about a visa and my flight is leaving in about 2 weeks (20th dec). I think this is because of a new hajj quota in the UK and there are limited number of visas available. InshAllah I will get the visa confirmation soon. Is anyone else having problems with acquiring visas?

Miss.R

inshaallah planning 2 go dis year...last year wen it was finalised the hajj got cancelled at da laast moment n i was very dissapointed....i waited desperately fr the whole year...pray fr me tht i visit the holy city this year....