Halal and Haram?

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:

Can anyone plz tell me in detail about which food i can eat? I mean which food is allowed to be eaten by muslims. Send me links if u can. It helps a lot too. :)
Since yesterday i have only drank water and ate dinner at my muslim friends house and a little bit of fruit. Reply soon! I'm starving.. :D

AND Allah Bless you ALLLLLLLLLLLLL for the nice posts :D

Waiting for reply..

Amina

Meekaal

May Allaah reward you for your sincerity and care of following His commands, sister.

Other members may provide good links to exhaustive lists but I mainly wanted to inform you of a general principle in Islaam regarding worldly matters:

"Every worldly matter is Halaal (allowed) except if there is evidence to the contrary (i.e. proving its prohibition.)"

That is to say, the default ruling on matters pertaining to actions which are not purely acts of worship is that they are allowed except if there is evidence from the Qur'aan or the Sunnah declaring its prohibition.

Therefore, the general ruling concerning foods are that they are all allowed except for those that are mentioned in the Qur'aan and the Sunnah which include intoxicants (alcohol and any other kind of intoxicant), pork (and all derivatives from pigs), blood, animals that are slaughtered in an un-Islaamic way, animals that are slaughtered for other than Allaah (i.e. Allaah's name is not mentioned upon slaughtering or it is slaughtered for an idol or a certain god), and a number of other certain foods which you have to be careful of.

yakubpasha

Can anyone plz tell me in detail about which food i can eat? I mean which food is allowed to be eaten by muslims. Send me links if u can. It helps a lot too. :)
Since yesterday i have only drank water and ate dinner at my muslim friends house and a little bit of fruit. Reply soon! I'm starving.. :D

Waiting for reply..

Amina

Salam- once again congrats. Welcome to this beautiful religion.. The tough part now begins :). Always remind yourself of heaven and that this world is meaningless.. When We will be asked how long we remained on earth we will reply that we remained a day or a part of it..

[029:002] Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

Here is a good link to find out what is halal and what is not.

http://muslimconsumergroup.com/Gene...D62D08EA49B15684E3?menu=Home&eventAction=init

Basically No pork, alchohol, meat on which Allahs name has not been blessed I.e Zabihah. It means when you get to eat amazing sea food when you go out to restaurants :). you can go to zabihah.com and find list of places that serve
zabihah meat.

Sorry for giving so much info too soon :)

Salam

sarmadn

:salam2: sister. Generally speaking, you can eat all vegetables and fruits. With regards to meat, for example chicken or beef, the animal has to be slaugthered according to the Islamic method with the mention of Allah's name upon slaugthering, for the meat to be considered permissible to eat. You can find restaurants near your zipcode where you will be served with halal meat on this website www.zabihah.com. In general, most seafood is halal by default; they do not have the requirement of being slaughtered. Therefore if you head to Burger King or Mc Donald's, you can get their fish burgers without any worry. If you go to Pizza hut etc., you can get their cheese pizza with non-meat toppings like jalapeno or olive etc. Cheese quesadillas, Rice and beans, fish tacos are some other options while eating out. Also, you can ask your muslim friend there about which meat shop does her family get their supplies from. Try to get the meat supplies for you kitchen from the same place. Hmmm that's mostly what I wanted to say... InshaAllah you have a lot of choices of good food to choose from. It might be worrying at first, but be patient and you will find it easy inshaAllah.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

Waiting for reply..

Amina

wa alaikom assalam , honey :)
I'll clarify 4 u :
A. Forbidden Foods According to the Qur'an:

Alcohol or liquor Alcoholic drinks "confuse the mind and lead one astray".
Pork - In the Qur'an , pork and any pork products (some types of gelatin, and lard) and even leather goods from the pig are forbidden to Muslims. This is also true of Jewish traditions. [NOTE: The disease of trichinosis is caused by worms that live in pigs and can be passed on to humans who eat unclean pork. This restriction was very important to people's health.]
Carnivorous (meat eating) animals and birds, e.g. lions, tigers, vultures, eagles, etc. are forbidden.
Other animals are also excluded: donkeys, monkeys, elephants.
Any animal that has died due to natural causes, killed by some wild animal, by a fall or blow are also forbidden. Of course there are good health reason for not eating animals that may be sick or diseased. Flesh that had been sacrificed for some God or Goddess by pagans was also forbidden.
Blood is forbidden.
Drugs are also forbidden (except as medical drugs).

and also :

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet...kAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1123996015382

Ok honey , but don't torture ur self , our beloved prophet PBUH said what means : No harming and know causing harming .

Allah is the most merciful , so that don't toture urself .

May Allah bless you , u r a good Muslim ma sha'a Allah .