Hana

Believer1985

:salam2:

Brothers and sisters,

I have been wanting to change my name for a while now, and I have found one I like. On a website, I saw that "Hana" is Arabic for "happiness". Are there any Arabic speaking here that may confirm? Unfortunately, I do not speak Arabic. Only Urdu and English.

I would love feedback too!

Many thanks,

:wasalam:

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

Why do you want to change your name?

It is not just a muslim or arabic name.

Hana \ha-na\ as a girl's name is pronounced HAH-nah. It is of Arabic, Japanese, Hawaiian, Spanish and Slavic origin.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

MashaAllah, I think its a pretty name. One of our TTI sisters name/username is Hana.

Though, sis, you know you'll only *need* to change your name if your present name has a bad meaning.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

I might do arabic Classes if anybody wants to learn arabic online Private message me

Believer1985

Salam,

Many thanks for your replies!

I want to change my name for several reasons. First of all, nobody can pronounce it and even after rectifying them, they still get it wrong. Secondly, nobody knows what it means and I don't like meaningless things. The meanings that I have heard are not to my taste and nobody has ever given me a solid meaning, because I hear different things from different people. I think that is reason enough.

Salam

Hatty

Yes sister, in this adjective form it actually means you are all of the happiness. It is written in Arabic as follows هناء I think it is a nice name and very light on the tongue. Congratulation on your new name. you can probably use your original name too, so you can have 2 now :)

:mashallah: