Hard time reading Quran

maryjo

Salam,

if a person is not very good at reading the quran and makes alot of mistakes (not on purpose), is it permissible to read? Or should he stop? Some words are diificult to make out, amd if one isnt sure if he has pronounced them correctly thus he is terrified that this is ithim

salamu alykun

Aroosak

:wasalam: dear Ukthi

Tajweed or proper reading of the Qur'an is an obligation upon every muslim inshAllah. If one reads Qu'ran one should do it correctly. So the first step should be to seek knowledge and find a way to learn Tajweed. If you cannot find a course with an actual teacher I will soon post or can pm you this amazing online course that teaches you the basics all the way through recitation of some ayahs inshaa' Allah.

But to answer your question, you shouldn't stop reading the Qu'ran. The Prophet (saw) said "The one who is proficient in the recitation of the noble Qu'ran is associated with the honorable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the noble Qu'ran and finds it difficult to recite during his best to recite in the best way possible, will have double reward" (#991 Riyad As-sSaliheen)

So sister I pray Allah subhana wa t'ala makes it easy for you to read His beautiful verses inshaa'Allah :tti_sister:

esperanza

revert of many years
recitation of quran

:wasalam: dear Ukthi

Tajweed or proper reading of the Qur'an is an obligation upon every muslim inshAllah. If one reads Qu'ran one should do it correctly. So the first step should be to seek knowledge and find a way to learn Tajweed. If you cannot find a course with an actual teacher I will soon post or can pm you this amazing online course that teaches you the basics all the way through recitation of some ayahs inshaa' Allah.

But to answer your question, you shouldn't stop reading the Qu'ran. The Prophet (saw) said "The one who is proficient in the recitation of the noble Qu'ran is associated with the honorable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the noble Qu'ran and finds it difficult to recite during his best to recite in the best way possible, will have double reward" (#991 Riyad As-sSaliheen
So sister I pray Allah subhana wa t'ala makes it easy for you to read His beautiful verses inshaa'Allah :tti_sister:

please give details of this online course

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

100% agreed with sister Aroosak. Do not stop reciting sister, rather, try to do your best and at the same time make a strong effort to learn Tajweed inshaAllah. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

ayesha.ansari

Try to learn

Dear don't be afraid if you make mistakes unintentionally try to get coaching or classes or take help of some one who can teach you. :tti_sister:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is perfectly OK to stumble in your recitation of the Quran. Even if you read very slow now, but if you make it a habit to read the Quran DAILY, inshaa Allaah without you even realized it, you'll eventually recite the Words of Allaah beautifully (provided that you keep on learning the tajweed and perfecting your recitation). Inshaa Allaah.

وعليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

as a sheik taught me, stop, reading and reciting incorrectly the Quran it is not acceptable and as he said it "may curse you."

no need to learn tajweed right now.

First and foremost you need to learn articulation of the letters and how to pronounce them by a physical person. If this is not an option then be patient and seek to find some assistance.

Then you recite after a sheik. That is how all people learn even if they know Arabic. There is no other way.

That is all there is to it, later on when you have learned and memorized a certain amount then you could go on to the advance levels of learning tajweed.

It is that simple.

for the time being in Ramadhan you can read/recite by going to like : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

and playing a verse then reciting after sheik.

it takes time to learn so be patient. And just because you think you recited it correctly it would not be valid unless a learned person heard you recite it and affirmed it. So do the best with what you have available.

oh I almost forgot to mention: don't be intimidated by others who are able to read very good.

Knowing just a few ayat by recitation, memorization, basic meaning is how the sahaba,ra did it. Later on they pondered on the ayat more in depth and obtained additional meaning from the prophet, PBUH. They would do 5 to 10 ayat at a time.
:wasalam: