Have you tried to emulate the Prophet?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalamu'alaikum.

Here is a true story.

One pious Muslim brother when attempting to reverse his car, he accidentally knocked the car park next to him. He waited very long for the owner to turn up, but no one came. He was rushing hence he took a piece of paper and wrote small note and his contact number and placed it on the windscreen.

Not very long after, a Chinese guy (non Muslim) called this brother. The brother immediately apologised and offered to pay for the damage. The Chinese guy was not interested to talk about his car rather asked this brother why did he left the contact number? Why not just run away? The brother said that as Muslim he can't do that, God sees his conduct. The Chinese guy was deeply disturbed and was thinking about it for very long. Days passed the Chinese guy suddenly call again this brother (and the brother was also shocked) and asked him to help him to revert to Islam. Allahu' akhbar!!!

After hearing this story, not long after I was involved in similar incident when after visited friend's mother in the hospital. I knocked some one's car. I wrote similar note and my contact number on the windscreen. A Muslim guy called me and told, "brother since you were honest, I let you pay whatever amount you can afford".

I may not have done this if this brother did not shared his experience.

Pls share, if you have similar experience.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

MashaAllaah. A good deed that is to be followed, inshaAllaah.

Reminds me of Lau kaana bainanaa. If. . the beloved Prophet :saw2: were among us.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo 'Alaykom Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Jazaakillahu Khayraa.

Reminds me of the accident my father had a couple of years ago. He hit a motor bike whilst the guy tried to overtake him. He was knocked out, my father took him to the hospital and contacted his family. Since he was critical the police decided they will have take my father in, but the family intervened. The family said they were grateful my father brought him in, and that many would just leave and run away. After the guy regained consiouness he signed papers to get my fathers' car back from the police.

JazaakumAllaahu Khayraa, for their forgiveness and helping my father.

Strange place this world, even acting human is considered something of a wonder.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I thought the story was not interesting since there were few responses only. Thanks for sharing.

It's not like that akh, at times a lot of people read, they pray for the poster and close the thread. Your story had 239 views (last time I checked)I do that a number of times. I think I read a couple of threads between this post and the previous and didn't reply to many. And to be honest some I actually found much more beneficial than those I've replied to.

Inshaa'Allaah, your reward for sharing this story based on your good intentions of encouraging people to do good has already been written. Quantity of posts doesn't really matter brother, it's the quality. Your story surely had just that.

BaraakAllaaha feek.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Exactly Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. Couldn't disagree more with you. :) Quality that matters the most. Usually threads with too many responds [until 2-3 pages] aren't actually a good sign. Indicates some debates might be going on.

And Brother HRM, your story indeed is something I'll try to implement and remember because to be honest, I once hit a car when I didn't see it parked behind mine. And it was a guy's car and when me and my sister waited for the owner's to come, we apologized and was willing to pay but he didn't say anything. Not sure if he felt sorry for us since maybe we looked like some immature girls who made a mistake.

BTW, nice to see you around, Sister. Thought you're off again since you have that invisibility cloak on.

And I think you meant to say Jazaakum Allaahu khaayraa? :wink:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Exactly Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. Couldn't disagree more with you. :) Quality that matters the most. Usually threads with too many responds [until 2-3 pages] aren't actually a good sign. Indicates some debates might be going on.

And Brother HRM, your story indeed is something I'll try to implement and remember because to be honest, I once hit a car when I didn't see it parked behind mine. And it was a guy's car and when me and my sister waited for the owner's to come, we apologized and was willing to pay but he didn't say anything. Not sure if he felt sorry for us since maybe we looked like some immature girls who made a mistake.

BTW, nice to see you around, Sister. Thought you're off again since you have that invisibility cloak on.

And I think you meant to say Jazaakum Allaahu khaayraa? :wink:

Asalamo 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Alhumdulillah to have caught you around online. I was just wondering whatever happened to the good old times when I talked to your atleast twice a day. So I thought I'd remind you of me, not sure if you got that.

You are right ukht, if a thread gets 2nd 3rd page all of a sudden, it's either a debate or something stupid being discussed. The good threads are usually silent, but hey silence increases it's value yeah? I've been reading a brother's posts here, they are awesome! Mashaa'Allaah small and beneficial and most of his threads are with 0 replies. But his posts are simple superb, nonetheless.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2:
Assalamu'alaikum.

Here is a true story.

One pious Muslim brother when attempting to reverse his car, he accidentally knocked the car park next to him. He waited very long for the owner to turn up, but no one came. He was rushing hence he took a piece of paper and wrote small note and his contact number and placed it on the windscreen.

Not very long after, a Chinese guy (non Muslim) called this brother. The brother immediately apologised and offered to pay for the damage. The Chinese guy was not interested to talk about his car rather asked this brother why did he left the contact number? Why not just run away? The brother said that as Muslim he can't do that, God sees his conduct. The Chinese guy was deeply disturbed and was thinking about it for very long. Days passed the Chinese guy suddenly call again this brother (and the brother was also shocked) and asked him to help him to revert to Islam. Allahu' akhbar!!!

After hearing this story, not long after I was involved in similar incident when after visited friend's mother in the hospital. I knocked some one's car. I wrote similar note and my contact number on the windscreen. A Muslim guy called me and told, "brother since you were honest, I let you pay whatever amount you can afford".

I may not have done this if this brother did not shared his experience.

Pls share, if you have similar experience.

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

It is a great lesson and a beautifull story dear brother.
Beneficial to all non-muslims and muslims that read it.

May Allah swt reward you with good, ameen

:salam2:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
SubhaanAllaah! That was was a much needed reminder, akh! JazaakAllaahu khayr!

Unfortunately, I haven't any of my own to share.. May Allaah tabaaraka wa ta`aalaa keep us on the right path!

Salaam `alaikum warahmatullaah!