Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No and would not tolerate such

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • No but unsure how I would react

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dianek

Are you trying to tell us something sister?

Just being honest and after reading that story about abuse....just wondering what the stats are here on tti. I have been on the receiving and perpetuating end of it.......of physical......but for me I don't consider it an abusive situation because I give back what I recieve......I am not fragile in anyway physically so I can fight like a man......that is the benefit of doing man's labor....

dianek

Salaam,

Yeah - when I was young my mom use to chase me around the dinner table with a shoe! She was lucky 800 hot lines weren't available those days lol

Oh see, now that don't count! Shoot many times I told my dad that I was going to call the police and claim child abuse if he spanked me.....didn't stop him, he spanked me harder!!!! But I learned to behave! I am afraid to spank my kids these days......it is frowned upon.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salaam,

Yeah - when I was young my mom use to chase me around the dinner table with a shoe! She was lucky 800 hot lines weren't available those days lol
Lol.
Like people from south east asia have a very different idea of the word 'abuse', im sure I wouldnt like it where my teachers/professors were allowed to raise the stick to me if I hadnt done my homework (Id be black and blue!) but the children in these places respect their teachers immensely :confused:, I would respect my teachers because of their knowledge not because they held a stick in their hand and treated me like an animal.

Scarred for life

Lol.
Like people from south east asia have a very different idea of the word 'abuse', im sure I wouldnt like it where my teachers/professors were allowed to raise the stick to me if I hadnt done my homework (Id be black and blue!) but the children in these places respect their teachers immensely :confused:, I would respect my teachers because of their knowledge not because they held a stick in their hand and treated me like an animal.

Salaam,

Yeah I remember those sticks too! I use to get wacked with it left and right. None the less, it did discipline me. Here, in the U.S. you have students flipping the middle finger at their teachers without any kind of respect and dignity to authority.

dianek

Salaam,

Yeah I remember those sticks too! I use to get wacked with it left and right. None the less, it did discipline me. Here, in the U.S. you have students flipping the middle finger at their teachers without any kind of respect and dignity to authority.

Well physical punishment was rare for me in school growing in the US....though Ms.Garrett had no problems grabbing hold of an ear and leading you across the room to the corner......and in reading group, I remember her saying "Diane Hands!", I knew that meant put my hands out in front of me and she would smack them good......for talking too much and laughing! IMAGINE THAT!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Lol.
heheh fuunnnnnnnnnny:SMILY259:
:SMILY149::SMILY149:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salaam,

I was made to attend my cousins school whilst on vacation when I was 10, (in pakistan) I decided I was allowed to leave when it suited me so I promptly left after registration on the first morning, so I was never introduced to those sticks Alhamdulillah :) ..no, I'm a victim of the British education system not the South Asian one :D ..an I think that to get through the system without ever getting in trouble for talking back in lessons would be close to a miracle.

I was made to attend my cousins school whilst on vacation when I was 10, (in pakistan) I decided I was allowed to leave when it suited me so I promptly left after registration on the first morning, so I was never introduced to those sticks Alhamdulillah :) ..no, I'm a victim of the British education system not the South Asian one :D ..an I think that to get through the system without ever getting in trouble for talking back in lessons would be close to a miracle.

Salaam,

I guess miracle is subjective. I've seen many that has circumvented the system and got away with it. The difference is in South Asian countries is that they try to prevent it completely but in US or British systems they allow it but try to minimize it.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Lol.

i think you meant South Asia, i.e Pakistan Bangaldesh, India.
South east Asia include Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia :shymuslima1:

Wawanda-D

I live in Indonesia, teachers raise a stick and spank their students is not common here anymore, but that was part of physical education and would end once we enter college or University. But this spank things was used for bad students only, not for general stuff such as not finishing homeworks. But sometimes this method is really needed as most of students don't respect their teachers these days.

Wassalamu'alaykum.

hajooora

salaam alecum

abuse...it means a lot of things....it can be a strong headed father or mother,it can be a husband who treats u bad,heats u when u dont agree with him or when u dont accept the things which he is doing,abuse is when u r working `12 h by day and he s sleeping,spending money,going out and chating with girls,and taking ur money,just cose u let him do it cose u dont want to have any conflicts anymore....yes all this things mean ABUSE...but still u love him more then anything in this world a u continue praing for him
INCHALLAH nothing like this will ever come upon u
MAY ALLAH PROTECT U my brothers and sisters

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
Well guessing from the poll I'm assuming you mean abuse in a relationship. no I have never been abused alhamdulillah, my husband is a good Muslim mashAllah and wouldn't hurt a fly, although he say's he has a bad temper, in 3.5 yrs of being married I've only seen him hit the wall once and that was because of immigration ( hey I wanted to hit the wall too). Abuse should NOT be tolerated there's so many services (esp in the West) that help women get out of these situations safely even if you have kids, so really there's no excuse to put up with this type of unIslamic behaviour.
:wasalam:

dianek

Interesting.....so far more of us are living in bad situations than otherwise that have taken the pole.......

Interesting.....so far more of us are living in bad situations than otherwise that have taken the pole.......

Salaam,

Your pole can give you misleading information & facts, because you asked "Have you ever been a victim of abuse?" and the answer for "Yes and continue to live with abuser" does not mean that they are still being abused - but they can still continue to live with them!

A person might of been called an abuser but what if they've changed and they don't hit that person. Even the term "abuse" is ambiguous and relative to each individual. I've seen abused physically people in the hospital and I've seen some that get a smack on the hands- where is the line for "abuse"? Also, if a person got abused once in their life does that mean that person is an "abuser" and should they still be associated with that term?

What is a "bad situation" if someone has a higher emphasis in accordance to other situations or problems in their life? Is someone being abused in a "bad situation" or innocent Palestinians whose land is being occupied, their homes are being deteriorated and innocent one getting killed without cause? In order to understand bad you have to understand good, it's opposite.

Sorry for being so picky, I'm just trying to make you see it from different angles.