Heavy head in Prostration position..

TeenagerMuslim

Asslam'u Alikum brothers & sisters,

Does anyone else have ever experienced the feeling of having heaviness in their head when in the Sujood position? Doesn't happen to me very often but does happen sometimes when I prostrate for more than normal (i.e. when I'd recite the Tasbeeh more than five times or so).

Is this (pretty) normal?

Salaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
WaAlaikum Assalaam warahmatu Allah wabrakatuh dear brother in islam:)

I have felt that before and I usually had heavy breathing as well, but that was when I used to do SAJUUD the wrong way. I used to just sajuud on my forhead without making my nose tauch the graund which I later learned that it was WRONG! AlhamduliAllah I dont feel that anymore now. I am pretty sure it's normal:)
Allah hafiz now and always:)

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum,

Try to even out the points of sujood i.e. forehead, palms, knees, and toes. This way the weight won't fall altogether onto your head. Anyway, this is the proper way to do prostration. :)

p/s And yes, don't forget the nose having to touch to ground, not just the tip of the forehead!

TeenagerMuslim

WaAlaikum Assalaam warahmatu Allah wabrakatuh dear brother in islam:)

I have felt that before and I usually had heavy breathing as well, but that was when I used to do SAJUUD the wrong way. I used to just sajuud on my forhead without making my nose tauch the graund which I later learned that it was WRONG! AlhamduliAllah I dont feel that anymore now. I am pretty sure it's normal:)
Allah hafiz now and always:)
Thanks for the reply sister. I am doing it right way - have learnt that. It's not that, but something else. Might just be that the body is not so used to it. However, Jazak Allah for your suggestion.

TeenagerMuslim

Assalamu alaykum,

Try to even out the points of sujood i.e. forehead, palms, knees, and toes. This way the weight won't fall altogether onto your head. Anyway, this is the proper way to do prostration. :)

p/s And yes, don't forget the nose having to touch to ground, not just the tip of the forehead!
Thanks for the reply sister. I am doing it right way - have learnt that by now. It's not that, but something else. Might just be that the body is not so used to it. However, Jazak Allah for your suggestion.

I know what you meant sister, if I touch the tip of forehead idea. That would be really uncomfortable if done more than few times consecutively.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Are you extending your neck when you're prostrating? or is it slightly bent?...also..is your back bent upwards in an arch?..or is it flat in a neutral position?

If your back is bent in an arch..this causes body weight to cause pressure onto your neck..which in turn bends down slightly..and causes pressure on your head...

So are you mindful of these things?

:wasalam:

TeenagerMuslim

Are you extending your neck when you're prostrating? or is it slightly bent?...also..is your back bent upwards in an arch?..or is it flat in a neutral position?

If your back is bent in an arch..this causes body weight to cause pressure onto your neck..which in turn bends down slightly..and causes pressure on your head...

So are you mindful of these things?

:wasalam:

Asslam'u Alikum,

Yes, neck in the extended position. Just prostrated again to notice this. About 80 degrees angle. So it does seem more like the problem that neck's weight builds up that pressure when I prostrate longer than normal.

Well, I actually felt this quite a bit other day so finally put it up here for you guys' suggestions. Jazak Allah for picking this up, sister. It had really making me feel as if Shatan was trying to accomplish his job, but Alhamdulillah it's a rather simple matter.

Thanks.

BigAk

Does anyone else have ever experienced the feeling of having heaviness in their head when in the Sujood position? Doesn't happen to me very often but does happen sometimes when I prostrate for more than normal (i.e. when I'd recite the Tasbeeh more than five times or so).

Is this (pretty) normal?

Salaam

What does your blood pressure usually measure?? Do you have any health issues or weight issues??

TeenagerMuslim

What does your blood pressure usually measure?? Do you have any health issues or weight issues??

Asslam'u Alikum,

Not any other health issues, but I haven't got the BP got measured recently. Last time I visited my GP, it was quite normal i.e. 110/75.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Sometimes I experience the heaviness in the head and other times I dont so I personally doubt it its technique. (as long as you have all the points brother Nurain mentioned on the ground evenly) If I get a headache or my neck is sore I will get the heaviness but al humdilelah it does not happen often :)

naaad

mu'minah

Is this (pretty) normal?

Salaam

Wa Alaikum as Salaam,
well yes, actually i've experienced that many a times. but dint really try to find out the reason.
if it happens sometimes, i dont think its something to be worried about. our body has its own issues, i guess we should let it be at times :)
but if it happens very frequently then you should definitely look for the reason...
May ALLAH always keep the Shaitan away from all of us especially when we are engaged in worship!!!

TeenagerMuslim

Wa Alaikum as Salaam,
well yes, actually i've experienced that many a times. but dint really try to find out the reason.
if it happens sometimes, i dont think its something to be worried about. our body has its own issues, i guess we should let it be at times :)
but if it happens very frequently then you should definitely look for the reason...
May ALLAH always keep the Shaitan away from all of us especially when we are engaged in worship!!!
Wa'alikum salaam,

I'll agree; sometimes happening something like this shouldn't bother us. But yeah it happens ONLY when I'd pray so this was worrying! May Allah give us protection against Shaitan, the rejected one.
Ameen to the Dua.