hello all!

labagel

Hi! I'm Lauren from the U.S. (Michigan, to be exact). I was raised Christian, but I stopped identifying myself with that several years ago. Since then, I've been floating around, reading about different religions and beliefs.

As soon as I got to Islam, things started to click -- it just made sense! As soon as I have a better understanding of how to pray, I'll be converting :) (or, um... reverting? I've seen that term used in place of "convert")

I'm so happy to be here!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Welcome to TTI Lauren!

I am one of the moderators of these forums. It's great to hear that things have started to make sense for you with Islaam, it is one of the many reasons why people turn to the religion, whether they are Muslim or non-Muslim! I would however, advise you to revert sooner than later. None of us can guarantee what will happen in to us within the next minute of our lives... If you feel that you need to learn the prayer before accepting Islaam, then that isn't the case. We begin with the testification that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger. Everything else kind of falls into place after that!

Regarding the terms "revert" and "convert" then let me (try to) break it down for you. We prefer to use the term revert, because we believe as Muslims that every human being is born upon the natural disposition (Ar. fitrah) of having belief in Allaah alone as the deity who deserves our worship. It is one's parents and enviorment that distorts this disposition that man has inbuilt. So by using the description/noun "revert", we are saying that one has turned back to this state, whereas a convert "converts" to something new... I hope that explains it.

Anyway, know that we are all here to help you, and if you have any questions or need support you know where to turn. I hope you can benefit from this site and that you take your shahaadah (testifying Islaam) soon!

Take care,

Al-Kashmiri

cmelbouzaidi

Dear Lauren, Welcome to TTI and I trust you will learn a lot here :) It is a diverse community here with members from all over the globe learning more about the beautiful religion of life, Islam :) I am a revert too from a non practising Catholic family. Please ask anything that comes to mind along the way to Truth.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Welcome to TTI. Masha Allah nice to know about u Lauren. As brother Al kashmir has explained if u think Islam make sence to u then it will be advicable to come to the truth the sooner u can u have to just say

"Ash Ha do An La ilaha Illallah Wa Ash Ha do Anna Muhammadan Abdo hu Wa Rasooloho"

"I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and that I bear witness that Muhammad peace be upon him is the servant and messenger of Allah"

and rest u learn after step by step as in Islam u will learn all ur life I m born Muslim with 27 years but every till I still learn new new things about Islam. Hope to hear good news sooooon from.

May Allah guide all of us to the truth and protect us from hell fire. Ameen

lily_mawar

Hello Lauren,

Welcome to the community ... May Allah give you hidayah and guide you to the right path ... You may find this site very beneficial ...

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Hello Lauren,

WELCOME TO TTI. Inshallah, you will find alot of beneficial information that will help you on your quest of seeking the truth.:hearts:

Bye Amirah80

munira02

*Muslim Ummah*
Hello lauren

Welcome to the TTI ... May Allah guide you to the straight path . You may find this site very beneficial inshallah

sajjuaiah

Hi! I'm Lauren from the U.S. (Michigan, to be exact). I was raised Christian, but I stopped identifying myself with that several years ago. Since then, I've been floating around, reading about different religions and beliefs.

As soon as I got to Islam, things started to click -- it just made sense! As soon as I have a better understanding of how to pray, I'll be converting :) (or, um... reverting? I've seen that term used in place of "convert")

I'm so happy to be here!

Welcome to TTI.

May Allah guide you to the best.

Please learn and spread this beautiful deen of true god to everyone.
Many reverts are doing great job of delivering the message of Allah.(may allah help and protect them).

The people are in wrong direction it is our duty to bring them in right. Atleast we will try to deliver the message of Allah with our non-muslim friends.

May Allah help and protect us from every evil.
May Allah help us to learn and convey the message of Allah.

Salam

TiffanyM

Hey Lauren,

Welcome to TTI. I am also a revert muslim I live in Georgia. The best advice I can give you is when it is in your heart to become muslim you should. Also it is good to go to your local mosque so you can begin to grow a close relationship with the local sisters. This will be very helpful to learn more things, or if any struggles arise. I come from a christian family so as a muslim now it is really important for me to have close friends who support me as I learn more about the deen. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I pray that Allah swt will make this wonderful change in your life easy, and that your heart will continue seeking knowledge about Islam.

Selaam Alaykum,
Your sister in Islam
Tiffany

:tti_sister:

Warm greetings Lauren. Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI resourceful & beneficial.

I believe Michigan is still the most populated Muslim state in America and I'm glad Islam was exposed to you.

Islam is the religion of logic. Don't stop your learning, part of our duties as Muslims is to obtain knowledge about other religions. We're not confined to the boundaries of our Islamic knowledge. In fact studying other religions helps us better understand who we are!

Inshallah, I hope to call you a sister in Islam.

Best Wishes,

TheHumbleWun

maryama07

Islam Rule
Hello Lauren

Welcome to TTI I hope you enjoy your stay...You will find this site very beneficial inshallah...

labagel

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Al-Kashmiri -- thank you for clearing up convert vs. revert!

ahmed3711 -- thank you for that link! That makes things much easier to understand than trying to look at still pictures and read text.

TheHumbleWun -- I unfortunately live several hours away from the areas with the highest concentrations of Muslims :( but it is still a blessing to live in a state with such a large Muslim population.

GAZIJA

Staff member
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to the TTI, hope u will learn something here.
I am in your neighborhood:lol: Chicago

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Al-Kashmiri -- thank you for clearing up convert vs. revert!

ahmed3711 -- thank you for that link! That makes things much easier to understand than trying to look at still pictures and read text.

TheHumbleWun -- I unfortunately live several hours away from the areas with the highest concentrations of Muslims :( but it is still a blessing to live in a state with such a large Muslim population.

You're welcome...

You might want to check out some of the threads and stickies posted here, hope it helps...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Have a nice day.

Shahzad

Welcome Lauren.

Remember that you dont need to know prayers very well for reverting :)

Just get satisfactory information about islam before you take a good decision. This is drive and learn approach.